Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
This one's wrong. Should be /anim/arm9payload.bin
The first one is for legacy reasons, the 'aurei' and 'rei' are for drop-in compatibility with ARN's chainloader and /NANDUnBricker.bin was just because I could :D

Fix'd.

Some things must be done because we can. :D

Reactions: LuigiXL

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apologies if this has been answered before but I don't have time to read through 17 pages rn:
Do you reckon it would be possible to add sound in the future?

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Apologies if this has been answered before but I don't have time to read through 17 pages rn:
Do you reckon it would be possible to add sound in the future?
Possible? Yes. As soon as someone finds out how to activate sound stuff AND how to use it.
However, this future is not nearby

chaoskagami

Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by chaoskagami,

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm pretty sure we already know what to do.

http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/I2C_Registers
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/CSND_Registers
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/DSP_Registers

But it's a PITA.

Read: Set volume via i2c, load dsp firmware, and do annoying buffered mailbox command dance. There's a reason nobody has bothered yet.
Yeah, the main reason I'm not doing it is because both my PC and laptop are potatoes, as such I have no chance of running XDS. Or @b1l1s' QEMU fork.
Sure, I could come up with some theoretical way of setting stuff up, but that'd be a pain and the chances of being successful are extremely slim.

Best way would be to reverse engineer the FIRM and sound modules or checking what they do in a low-level emulator (not Citra) and try to replicate it.

EDIT: This seems like an even better link :D
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/CSND_Shared_Memory

Last edited by Wolfvak,

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
3dbrew is a treasure trove, really.

Also, what's this about a QEMU fork? I've been tracking XDS, but I didn't know about that one.
Too bad it's a complete mess sometimes

About the fork: It's an incomplete fork of QEMU that attempts to include CTR support. Still not working, but we can always hope :)

Here's a direct reference to the ARM9 processor on this fork: https://github.com/b1l1s/qemu/blob/ctr/hw/arm/ctr9.c

Last edited by Wolfvak,

nonameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
T5WTD7s.gif

DxyHYWc.gif
here's another one. it might get out of sync in Internet but it should work fine on 3ds
edit: uploaded files for 3ds but I can only play one anim at time. idk what i'm doing wrong

Attachments

• anim.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 202
Last edited by nonameboy,

frosty5689

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it would be cool if audio can be played during boot.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I tried a couple from here and they were all very slow and extended. I decided to make my own using the WOMBO COMBO!!!! video on youtube. I made it about ~8 seconds long and converted it all myself. I placed the two in the /anim/ folder with a file called 'config' that only contains "0x1E" in it for 30fps. What am I missing? It was still horrendously slow.

Edit: N3DS 10.7 sysNAND AuReiNAND

Edit: Tried the 30 config provided in the makeanim and that one still didn't work.

Final edit: I honestly feel like I'm just making a stupid mistake. I included the whole thing here for troubleshooting:

https://mega.nz/#!DtAHlIyY!pfvHpBPZMjh315lpxCgrbenpbtuwiQg0jZOGSh5m2R4

Last edited by chaojimbo,

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I tried a couple from here and they were all very slow and extended. I decided to make my own using the WOMBO COMBO!!!! video on youtube. I made it about ~8 seconds long and converted it all myself. I placed the two in the /anim/ folder with a file called 'config' that only contains "0x1E" in it for 30fps. What am I missing? It was still horrendously slow.

Edit: N3DS 10.7 sysNAND AuReiNAND

Edit: Tried the 30 config provided in the makeanim and that one still didn't work.

Final edit: I honestly feel like I'm just making a stupid mistake. I included the whole thing here for troubleshooting:

https://mega.nz/#!DtAHlIyY!pfvHpBPZMjh315lpxCgrbenpbtuwiQg0jZOGSh5m2R4
You're not doing anything wrong, try cutting the fps in half when you convert it, it should be a lot better.

Reactions: chaojimbo

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not doing anything wrong, try cutting the fps in half when you convert it, it should be a lot better.
It sped up by like 20% but this means it's still less than half speed. :\

As a frame of reference, the top screen goes from 0:11 to 0:19.
Bottom screen 0:20 to 0:28.

-----

EDIT: I got it working! I got rid of the bottom screen and now it works like a charm. That's very odd...

Last edited by chaojimbo,

nonameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wondering if it's possible to add a random function. lets say it pick a random image to display at boot

Reactions: cearp

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

-----

EDIT: I got it working! I got rid of the bottom screen and now it works like a charm. That's very odd...

Keep in mind that the thing is streaming from the SD card. If you have a slow one, you're screwed, since it currently is *sortof* calibrated to my speed (Class 10 Kingston 32GB)

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-----

I don't know how much exactly you'd need to cut both fps's for both screens to work 100%, but for one screen it's usually half. Cool that you got it working though!

Reactions: chaojimbo

chaoskagami

Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
30FPS can be a bit finicky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The main problem with 30fps is just read slowness. One frame is 288K, and 30 frames is 8.6MB. That's only the top, as well. Adding in the bottom is another 6.9M/s. It's far above the class 10 speed limit, not to mention class 10/UHS1 cards are capable of reaching 10MB/s, but rarely operate as such under normal conditions.

The highest non-laggy playback speed is probably about 25FPS right now just due to read speed limits.

A UHS3 card might have better luck (if you can find one.) The reads are the largest delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo