Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Alright, I wasn't able to replicate this bug, so I'll just keep the v0.3.2 release right where it is.
If anyone's experiencing issues, please try redownloading it from GitHub because I reuploaded it.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Last edited by Wolfvak,

DrZepto

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like it doesn't work with just one animation file for the top screen.

I'll try to be as helpful as possible with my setup:

I'm using an old 3DS, 10.7 sysNAND, 3.13 AuReiNand, v0.3.2 BootAnim9.
A9LH payload file is named arm9payload.bin on root of SD. BootAnim9 is named arm9loaderhax.bin on root of SD. I have a folder called 'Anim' on the root of my SD. I put the animation files onto there.
I've tried two different animation files but only one is working. The working animation is the N64 from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a9lh-bootanim9-animations-thread.420421/ The non-working animation is from /r/3dshacks here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4bvj14/ (scroll down a little, it's called normal one download)

The N64 animation worked immediately with only the two files provided. No config file added.
The A9LH animation from Reddit has only one file which I placed as SD:\Anim\*here*
It didn't work but after I saw there was a config file (20fps) linked below so I got that and placed it as SD:\Anim\Config\*here*
Again that didn't work. It played the animation and hung there and didn't boot into my sysnand.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure. I've read over your post many times now. :s

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Seems like it doesn't work with just one animation file for the top screen.

I'll try to be as helpful as possible with my setup:

I'm using an old 3DS, 10.7 sysNAND, 3.13 AuReiNand, v0.3.2 BootAnim9.
A9LH payload file is named arm9payload.bin on root of SD. BootAnim9 is named arm9loaderhax.bin on root of SD. I have a folder called 'Anim' on the root of my SD. I put the animation files onto there.
I've tried two different animation files but only one is working. The working animation is the N64 from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a9lh-bootanim9-animations-thread.420421/ The non-working animation is from /r/3dshacks here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4bvj14/ (scroll down a little, it's called normal one download)

The N64 animation worked immediately with only the two files provided. No config file added.
The A9LH animation from Reddit has only one file which I placed as SD:\Anim\*here*
It didn't work but after I saw there was a config file (20fps) linked below so I got that and placed it as SD:\Anim\Config\*here*
Again that didn't work. It played the animation and hung there and didn't boot into my sysnand.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure. I've read over your post many times now. :s
Sorry, but I can't replicate your issue, the animation showed up fine for me ("new Nintendo 3DS arm9loaderhax") and I did it without any other file.
Try deleting everything and just placing the anim, without any bottom_anim or config

zes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to the point where it initially looks about the same as the palette but fades aren't as smooth looking, so I feel like I'm missing something from this.
Code:
 ffmpeg -i %input% -filter:vf scale=%res% -sws_flags lanczos %output1%

:D

I was hoping you'd notice the middleman GIF wasn't needed (and as pointed out by others (sorta), just limits to 8-bit color when bgr24 is 24-bit.)

What I gave you before (vs. what you started with) just tuned the palette for the input, so you're fine in most logo situations where you wouldn't have so many unique colors (but you'd see it's limiting in a video with lots of colors.)

Try this:

Code:
ffmpeg -y -i input.mp4 -vf fps=30,scale=400:240:flags=lanczos,transpose=1 -pix_fmt bgr24 output.rgb

You should be set w/ that, apologies I tried turning it into a learning situation if it frustrated you or anyone else.

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:D

I was hoping you'd notice the middleman GIF wasn't needed (and as pointed out by others (sorta), just limits to 8-bit color when bgr24 is 24-bit.)

What I gave you before (vs. what you started with) just tuned the palette for the input, so you're fine in most logo situations where you wouldn't have so many unique colors (but you'd see it's limiting in a video with lots of colors.)

Try this:

Code:
ffmpeg -y -i input.mp4 -vf fps=30,scale=400:240:flags=lanczos,transpose=1 -pix_fmt bgr24 output.rgb

You should be set w/ that, apologies I tried turning it into a learning situation if it frustrated you or anyone else.
Its all good, this entire thing with this script has been a learning experience for me.

Should be the last ones unless @Wolfvak changes formats.
Big thanks to @zes

Attachments

• makeanim.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,463
Reactions: chronoss

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Its all good, this entire thing with this script has been a learning experience for me.

Should be the last ones unless @Wolfvak changes formats.
Big thanks to @zes
Don't worry, if I ever do that you can be sure I'll implement backwards compatibility

Not like Windows, but actually good backwards compatibilty :D

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, if I ever do that you can be sure I'll implement backwards compatibility

Not like Windows, but actually good backwards compatibilty :D

Windows backward compatibility is a joke. Especially 10. :P

WINE runs everything XP and older better than 10 at this point, heh.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
tl;dr:
- No load delay
- Max size is now 4GB, not 50MB (so max animation is around ~4:00)
- Plays higher fps better now

It also has a newer and improved chainloader that can load more than just sdmc:/arm9payload.bin, in order to avoid cluttering the root directory

Reactions: LuigiXL

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
It also has a newer and improved chainloader that can load more than just sdmc:/arm9payload.bin, in order to avoid cluttering the root directory

I apparently forgot the new one just added. Wow.

@LuigiXL More specifically, you can put your payload anywhere of:
/arm9payload.bin
/anim/arm9payload.bin
/aurei/arm9payload.bin
/rei/arm9payload.bin
/NANDUnbricker.bin

EDIT: I am an idiot. =_=

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIyYTN86_Uk&pp=ygUXc3BhY2ViYWxscyB3aGVuIGlzIG5vdyA%3D