Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i don't use CtrBm9 as boot menu every time, it's my backup feature, it will only load when pressed Select when i power on, and having the animation first, would require me everytime i want to acces decrypt or what ever to first wait for the animation to finish before i have to press select, which makes it a delay between power and select, while powering on with select already pressed will now load BootCtr9, the animation is not that much of a gain to make it worth waiting for the select press, if that makes sense.

Yeah, I load it very seldom myself. That's why I wouldn't mind if I had to wait 4 seconds or whatever. But there is if I'm not mistaken also a way to just skip past the animation... R maybe? Can't see anything about it on the first page but I'm sure there was an update that made that possible.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
i don't use CtrBm9 as boot menu every time, it's my backup feature, it will only load when pressed Select when i power on, and having the animation first, would require me everytime i want to acces decrypt or what ever to first wait for the animation to finish before i have to press select, which makes it a delay between power and select, while powering on with select already pressed will now load BootCtr9, the animation is not that much of a gain to make it worth waiting for the select press, if that makes sense.
Dude you can hold R to skip the animation completely. Delay will be absolutely minuscule

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Dude you can hold R to skip the animation completely. Delay will be absolutely minuscule

I tried that for the first time today after I posted. What I imagined though was that you could end the animation whenever you wanted. That would have been even better I think, and with any button press.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I tried that for the first time today after I posted. What I imagined though was that you could end the animation whenever you wanted. That would have been even better I think, and with any button press.
You can do that as well, by pressing SELECT while the animation is playing. I won't make it so that any button finishes it because of slippery hands :S

https://github.com/Wolfvak/BootAnim9/blob/master/source/draw.c#L82 Read the comment

Reactions: TVL

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I think what he's doing is he wants BootCTR9 to load BootAnim9, which should load the CFW. Change the ordering, basically.

This is intended to execute first. His problem is that he's booting BootAnim9, which loads BootCTR9 /arm9loaderhax.bin, ad infinitum.

ImInDaShAdOwZz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So.. How Do I set this up? I already have a9LH installed.

Edit:From that Github Tutorial
No offence but please read the start of this post, but since I'm commenting, here goes

Off the top of my memory
1) rename your current "arm9loaderhax.bin" to something like "arm9payload"
2) copy the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from bootanim9 and paste it on the root of your SD
3) make an "anim" folder on the root of your SD
4) place the desired animation (anim file) in the anim folder

Should work, it did for me and that's all I did

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offence but please read the start of this post, but since I'm commenting, here goes

Off the top of my memory
1) rename your current "arm9loaderhax.bin" to something like "arm9payload"
2) copy the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from bootanim9 and paste it on the root of your SD
3) make an "anim" folder on the root of your SD
4) place the desired animation (anim file) in the anim folder

Should work, it did for me and that's all I did
Thanks! I will try later today!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
this is really good stuff, i have tried it now.
but the screeninit thingie , it still shows the splash images,(so i removed them from my aurei folder)

supposedly to not have it take longer booting, but i noticed no delay in booting with either both "splash+anim" nor with just one of either of them alone in the mSD.

so even using both ,you will get the same boot time.

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is screen init required for this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and also the config file, do i also put that in the root of the sd card

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
is screen init required for this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and also the config file, do i also put that in the root of the sd card

Read the first post. Anyways, yes you need screen_init and no, the files go in a folder named 'anim'.

Blundermann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! First of all, this is really neat. Great work!

I've made an animation, and it's supposed to look like this:

7hQfvZM.gif

EzjwU7h.gif

However, the resulting animation on the 3DS looks far slower.

http://b.1339.cf/djexhap.mp4

I've reduced the frame rate to 25 but that didn't change anything. I've seen videos of other people's high frame rate animations working fine, so what have I done wrong?

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello! First of all, this is really neat. Great work!

I've made an animation, and it's supposed to look like this:

7hQfvZM.gif

EzjwU7h.gif

However, the resulting animation on the 3DS looks far slower.

http://b.1339.cf/djexhap.mp4

I've reduced the frame rate to 25 but that didn't change anything. I've seen videos of other people's high frame rate animations working fine, so what have I done wrong?
Your SD card might be the limiting factor here : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIyYTN86_Uk&pp=ygUXc3BhY2ViYWxscyB3aGVuIGlzIG5vdyA%3D