Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
this is really good stuff, i have tried it now.
but the screeninit thingie , it still shows the splash images,(so i removed them from my aurei folder)

supposedly to not have it take longer booting, but i noticed no delay in booting with either both "splash+anim" nor with just one of either of them alone in the mSD.

so even using both ,you will get the same boot time.

I have Aureinand 3.14 yet when I look inside the aurei folder I do not see anything that looks like splash images. Unless you are talking about the bin files?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Aureinand 3.14 yet when I look inside the aurei folder I do not see anything that looks like splash images. Unless you are talking about the bin files?
it doesn't come with it. It would be named splash.bin, which comes with reinand (or did...) and some people made custom ones and posted them in the past.

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a class 10 Samsung SD card. The animations work much better now but still not at full speed @ 15fps from a converted mp4.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Either I am confused or the instructions for installing anim make no sense. If I change the name of my arm9loaderhax.bin than how is arm9loaderhax suppose to load? The reason I am asking is because a9lh is not made to detect anything other than what it was made to detect which is arm9loaderhax.bin, changing the name just crashes the 3ds.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Either I am confused or the instructions for installing anim make no sense. If I change the name of my arm9loaderhax.bin than how is arm9loaderhax suppose to load? The reason I am asking is because a9lh is not made to detect anything other than what it was made to detect which is arm9loaderhax.bin, changing the name just crashes the 3ds.
You drop bootanim9's arm9loaderhax.bin, which chainloads into sdmc:/anim/arm9payload.bin

EDIT: EZPZ

Last edited by Wolfvak,
D

Deleted User

Which a9lh fork will work? Will Aurora's fork work (no screen-init IIRC)? Or I must switch to FIX94's fork (screen-init with zero brightness)?

caghand3

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a suggestion. The payload name/location should be customizable (in a text file?). I personally like to keep my SD card clean and tidy. I think if some other person sees the contents, he/she should be able to understand what they are and what they do. Yeah, it is possible to edit the code and compile it to suit my own needs but, hey. It is a suggestion after all.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Here is a suggestion. The payload name/location should be customizable (in a text file?). I personally like to keep my SD card clean and tidy. I think if some other person sees the contents, he/she should be able to understand what they are and what they do. Yeah, it is possible to edit the code and compile it to suit my own needs but, hey. It is a suggestion after all.
Can't you just place it in the anim folder? It's only 4 files in a directory.

BTW, sorry to everyone because I've been so unactive and not pushing updates, gotta get some personal crap straight first

Reactions: pbanj

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
wondering if it's possible to add a random function. lets say it pick a random image to display at boot
this would be a really cool idea.
development wise it wouldn't be a huge thing to incorporate, but user wise it would give a very cool result!
what is your opinion @Wolfvak ?
i suggest loading random folders in the anim folder :)

anyway good luck with the personal stuff, you said not much time to work on updates so don't worry.

- checking the 'anim' folder to see what dirs it has is not really possible with the fs code that you have (i think) - but we could settle with folders named '1', '2', '3', etc...

-edit - but how to get a different seed for the random number each time...? from so early in the 3ds's boot...
-- easy cheap solution, instead of randomizing them, just rotate them

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: nonameboy

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
this would be a really cool idea.
development wise it wouldn't be a huge thing to incorporate, but user wise it would give a very cool result!
what is your opinion @Wolfvak ?
i suggest loading random folders in the anim folder :)

anyway good luck with the personal stuff, you said not much time to work on updates so don't worry.

- checking the 'anim' folder to see what dirs it has is not really possible with the fs code that you have (i think) - but we could settle with folders named '1', '2', '3', etc...

-edit - but how to get a different seed for the random number each time...? from so early in the 3ds's boot...
-- easy cheap solution, instead of randomizing them, just rotate them
I've been thinking of doing an 'anim1', 'anim2', 'anim3', ... , 'animn' thing for a while now, as well as 'bottom_anim1', ... The only issue here would be the framerate: either all animations have the same framerate or theres multiple config files

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, two of my projects use the PRNG already :D

#define REG_PRNG (*(volatile u32*)0x10011000) // Pseudo Random Number Generator
https://github.com/Wolfvak/A9LH_Homebrew_Template/blob/master/source/main.h#L7
https://github.com/Wolfvak/FakeBrick9/blob/master/source/main.c#L12

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm also working on a menuhax version, it's pretty much the same, though one issue remains: what should it do after displaying the boot animation?

Reactions: cearp and nonameboy

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Currently trying to compile XDS for windows 32bit, failing catastrophically at it. Does anyone have a precompiled version? This is to make testing a lot faster

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently trying to compile XDS for windows 32bit, failing catastrophically at it. Does anyone have a precompiled version? This is to make testing a lot faster
I could try to help you out I knew what XDS was, but it would take a couple of hours before I got it to you. But the menuhax version should do pretty much what the current arm9 one does, load another 3dsx file, probably BootCTR, HBL or whatever cfw to boot straight into emunand.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Let me rephrase: which 3dsx would it load? As in a filename. I'm obviously open to suggestions from anyone (as long as they make sense ofc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one