Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this release. I can now unhide my hard drive and prevent me from formatting a drive because I forgot that I hid it with Ustealth (true story...). Everything is working so far except I'm a little confused with the Homebrew on Menu plugin. Am I understanding this right as it hides all of the Homebrew except for Homebrew Launcher? Because when I turn it to true, it hides all of my homebrew on the Wii U menu, but I can't find the Homebrew Launcher either. And opening MiiMaker only opens MiiMaker. Do I need to put something additional on my sdcard or am I missing something? Thanks.
when you set the plugin too off it will allow for only an executable to show up only problem is that there aren't no hbl executables for aroma yet

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
problem is that there aren't no hbl executables for aroma yet
There are executables. But technically you don't need the hbl anymore because all apps are coming in the .rpx or .wuhb format. Means they are visible and bootable via home menu. And .elf files are not supported in the aroma environment.

Dumpling, nusspli, savemii ufdiine, for example, are aroma "executables".

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are executables. But technically you don't need the hbl anymore because all apps are coming in the .rpx or .wuhb format. Means they are visible and bootable via home menu. And .elf files are not supported in the aroma environment.

Dumpling, nusspli, savemii ufdiine, for example, are aroma "executables".
I just prefer a launcher instead of aroma forcing me to arange things into folders :/

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get you, but honestly, isn't that fine? You have to take less steps to launch your homebrew.
yea that does sound nice just wish that folders allowed for more then 60 executables
In times like today? Where the people get more and more lazy af?
if you are like me then having folders for all your games depending on platform is a nice thing I like to do so that when I go "wait I wanna play wii sports" I can just go to my wii games folder and just easily search for it opposed to no folders and searching through the whole wii u menu
Quick Note: I use forwarders for homebrew I'd use often

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In times like today? Where the people get more and more lazy af?
After getting my non modded Slim Ps3 last year i found out something particular about people and modded consoles (with a bit of looking at the amount of people whining about the 300 title limit on Wii U) People really REALLY want to show off their modded consoles. Its like a powertrip for some people (also the less stock a console look, the more expensive they wanna sell them even if the console itself has seen better days) So its not really because how convenient or inconvenient launching homebrew is. Its all to show off how "Cool my modded console is compared to your boring stock one, look this one has a Naruto Hentai theme"

• Haha
Reactions: titaniuml

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After getting my non modded Slim Ps3 last year i found out something particular about people and modded consoles (with a bit of looking at the amount of people whining about the 300 title limit on Wii U) People really REALLY want to show off their modded consoles. Its like a powertrip for some people (also the less stock a console look, the more expensive they wanna sell them even if the console itself has seen better days) So its not really because how convenient or inconvenient launching homebrew is. Its all to show off how "Cool my modded console is compared to your boring stock one, look this one has a Naruto Hentai theme"
yea some people do want to show off their consoles its obvious when you see the 1 millionth my wii menu video. People selling modded consoles is a common thing because not everyone finds it easy and some people want a console for their kids but don't want to spend alot of money on a 60$ AAA game every once in a while

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yea some people do want to show off their consoles its obvious when you see the 1 millionth my wii menu video. People selling modded consoles is a common thing because not everyone finds it easy and some people want a console for their kids but don't want to spend alot of money on a 60$ AAA game every once in a while
Thats a clear sign of bad parenting right there. No wonder why each generation gets spoiled every year when it comes to Video Games.
You want your kids to properly understand how basic economics works? don't get them a console with hundreds of games readibly avaliable to play from the ground up.

Reactions: Osakasan

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats a clear sign of bad parenting right there
Not necessarily, there may be people who would have grown up in a home where getting 60 € games was just not possible in a timely manner.

And even if it is, it doesn't fall too far from the deep discount culture that Steam institutionalized.

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a clear sign of bad parenting right there. No wonder why each generation gets spoiled every year when it comes to Video Games.
You want your kids to properly understand how basic economics works? don't get them a console with hundreds of games readibly avaliable to play from the ground up.
good point I'm not a parent so I guess I wouldn't understand : P

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean... just talk to your kid about it? Explain, this isn't normal at all, this device is special for you, if you want more games, especially modern games, you'll have to pay for each one and they aren't cheap. Deosn't have to be "A clear sign of bad parenting" at all.

blackkawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Everybody!

First, i have to thank so much to Maschell for this system, since it permited me to reuse youtube again on my WiiU and TV

But, i am having a problem to launch BOTW with DlCs installed with Aroma, since when i try to run the game, the system shows a message that the DLC content is corrupted, and must be deleted. Any help on this case?

Reactions: Sissel

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Everybody!

First, i have to thank so much to Maschell for this system, since it permited me to reuse youtube again on my WiiU and TV

But, i am having a problem to launch BOTW with DlCs installed with Aroma, since when i try to run the game, the system shows a message that the DLC content is corrupted, and must be deleted. Any help on this case?
Have you tried to launch the game with Tiramisu ?

Last edited by Laf111,

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably a dumb question.
could aroma ever allow the wii u to launch games off an external drive (USB or HDD/SDD) formatted to FAT32, instead of the proprietary file system that wears out drives quicker?
mocha fat32 was a step in that direction but was super slow because of the fat32 drivers that were complete shit
I heard someone mention that ntfs could be a good replacement format honestly I heard about launchiine thats a menu replacement if it replaces the menu then couldn't someone alter launchiine to replace the menu and support mounting a different format? I guess I'll never know : P

Reactions: SMNFXCN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think