Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok If we can't have elf Homebrew what about having a way to use HBL in order to access rpx Homebrew without having it on the Home screen. Would that work or did Maschell do something there (intentionally or unintentionally) to prevent use of Homebrew loaders that aren't on the System Menu.
There is an option to hide homebrew apps but I don’t think there’s a way to have just a hbl yet. Not even sure if that’ll be a thing, but you can use the quick menu to not show homebrew icons.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There is an option to hide homebrew apps but I don’t think there’s a way to have just a hbl yet. Not even sure if that’ll be a thing, but you can use the quick menu to not show homebrew icons.
Well what's stopping the existing one from working correctly (Installed version, not the one in MiiMaker). I was able to load it up so it seems to be mostly working, it just freezes when trying to launch the rpx files.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well what's stopping the existing one from working correctly (Installed version, not the one in MiiMaker)
1) The installed (Channel) version does an IOSU exploit, making it incompatible with all CFWs in history.
2) It's occupying the same memory area Aroma modules use, so they conflict (this is true for both, the Mii Maker and the Channel version).

AFAIK there is someone working on a new, Aroma and wuhb compatible HBL through.

//EDIT:
it just freezes when trying to launch the rpx files.
This is cause the modules reload when switching an app but as they have been (partly) overwritten by HBL this reloading causes the crash/freeze.

Last edited by V10lator,

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi I think in aroma, there should be an ICON thats make wiiU apps and anothers making wiiU apps appears whereas making dissapear the other icons

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1) The installed (Channel) version does an IOSU exploit, making it incompatible with all CFWs in history.
2) It's occupying the same memory area Aroma modules use, so they conflict (this is true for both, the Mii Maker and the Channel version).

AFAIK there is someone working on a new, Aroma and wuhb compatible HBL through.

//EDIT:

This is cause the modules reload when switching an app but as they have been (partly) overwritten by HBL this reloading causes the crash/freeze.
Any idea where I can find updates on this Aroma Compatible HBL?

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) Aroma Beta-7 (2023-01-11)
https://aroma.foryour.cafe

Changelog:
"Base updates (Download via Payloads)
-Reduced the binary size of the EnvironmentLoader and CustomRPXLoader by using libschrift and a new ELFIO version.
Aroma updates (Download via Base Aroma)
-Updated the plugin config menu to improve the UI and UX.
-Updated the FunctionPatcherModule to support game specific patches, fixed some bugs.
-Updated the drc_region_free plugin to avoid a gamepad update screen when the console was started without a gamepad.
-Updated the AutobootModule to only show an "update warning" when the update directory actually is a directory.
-Fixed entering the Boot Selector menu when autoboot is enabled and updates are not blocked.
-Reduced the size of several binaries by using libschrift and/or a newer ELFIO version."

2) Tiramisu v0.1.1 (2023-01-11)
https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe

Changelog:
- " This update does not add new any features. It just updates the EnvrionmentLoader and AutobootModule to use the same version in Aroma and Tiramisu. This includes some small bug fixes."

THANK YOU @Maschell

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't talk about this topic around these lands, Bub.
why not???
if multiple people want to play games on a wii u and they like different types of games then whats wrong with that?
nintendo had 0 reason to add that :/

EDIT: Vwii wad/homebrew Forwarders too are nice :)

Last edited by ColdBlitz,

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent work for region free plugin. Gracias.
Would it be possible to support eshop vwii games in the future? as i have tested on an USA console some japanese eshop wii games could meet some problem.

Trauma Team (JPN): boot into black screen and can't turn off the console by long pressing the power button. gotta cut the power off
New Super Mario Bros. (JPN): works perfectly in japanese
Rhythm Heaven (JPN): the game is boot in US mode which means some texts of the game is missing. And the wii intro screen is also in English too

:]
correct me if I'm wrong but I think it might be impossible to fix that sadly
BUT what you can do is inject any of said games and install them with wup installer gx2 and in some cases you may have to revert to a usb loader in vwii like wiiflow for loading games off an sd or a seperate fat32 usb drive if certain injects are incompatible.

Dekirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sooo... a few months back I mentioned here that Aroma is not working for me at all.
After going back trying it again, it still doesn't work. But I also noticed that when selecting and starting Aroma from the EnvironmentLoader, the Boot Selector doesn't appear and it just boots straight up to the Wii U Menu. In every guide I read and watched on YouTube, a Boot Selector always opens up for them and they have their homebrews etc on their Home Menu.
Nothing of it is happening in my case and yes I uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything, folders and files are correct but nothing but sigpatches seem to work, since I can boot up CFW games just fine.

Here is a short video I recorded where Aroma is not working as it should

Edit: Ok atleast I found out I have to hold down + to open up the boot selector, but the plugins still doesn't work and I have no clue why.

Last edited by Dekirai,

Dekirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you post screenshots from the contents of your sd card?
Sure, here is an album containing barely everything from the wiiu folder:

Edit: This image may be missing from the album, so I link it here separately

3ykAamP.png

Last edited by Dekirai,

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aroma Beta 10 has been released!

- Updated the Aroma Updater to provide more information on error, support updating when not running in "aroma" environment
- Added the Notification Module to add support for simple Notifications
- Added the CURLWrapperModule to provide a way to use curl with latest CA Carts without bloating binary sizes
- Added the Aroma Base Plugin which checks for updates on each boot and provides basic patches for the Wii U Menu

The Aroma Base Plugin will provide you with simple patches for the Wii U Menu (e.g UStealth or skips the "Shutdown warning" that happens when you press power for more than 4 seconds). The plugin will also checks for new Aroma updates on each boot, and tells you about the config menu you first to you launch Aroma.

The NotificationModule is a easy way to devs to display little Notifications on the screen, currently support by the screenshot plugin and Aroma Base Plugin

Download the latest Aroma version here:
https://aroma.foryour.cafe/

The screenshot plugin has been released!

It allows you to take screenshots anywhere and save directly to the sd card.
- With latest Bloopair (0.6.0 or higher) you can use the Switch Pro Controller Capture button as well.
- It has some nice on-screen notifications, can be triggered by any controller and should not cause any lag at all.
- The button combo can be configured at runtime in the config menu.

(requires Aroma Beta-10 or higher)

If you experience any issues with the plugin (softlocks, lags, unsupported games) please let me know!

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country

- With latest Bloopair (0.6.0 or higher) you can use the Switch Pro Controller Capture button as well.
- It has some nice on-screen notifications, can be triggered by any controller and should not cause any lag at all.
For a screenshot fanboy like me this is game changing!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

- Updated the Aroma Updater to provide more information on error, support updating when not running in "aroma" environment
- Added the CURLWrapperModule to provide a way to use curl with latest CA Carts without bloating binary sizes
- Added the Aroma Base Plugin which checks for updates on each boot and provides basic patches for the Wii U Menu

The Aroma Base Plugin will provide you with simple patches for the Wii U Menu (e.g UStealth or skips the "Shutdown warning" that happens when you press power for more than 4 seconds). The plugin will also checks for new Aroma updates on each boot, and tells you about the config menu you first to you launch Aroma.

The NotificationModule is a easy way to devs to display little Notifications on the screen, currently support by the screenshot plugin and Aroma Base Plugin

If you experience any issues with the plugin (softlocks, lags, unsupported games) please let me know!

I had to update manually since I couldn't update through the previous v0.1.0 updater, it always threw a copy error, but doing it manually and then updating with the updated updater (quite the redundancy lol), it seemed to have worked out just fine.

Just a question, is the TV button supposed to not work while on the Home Menu? I changed the Screenshot hotkey from just "TV" to "TV+A" since I still use the TV function with my television. I seem to recall it the TV working on the Home menu (then again, maybe I'm confusing or misremembering). The TV button does work when entering the web browser though.

As a side question, do you have any plans to feature an update of sorts for the browser with Aroma? A lot of web pages are currently inaccessible with it, and I'm not sure if it's a certificate issue or not. There's these posts which might help (the first one has a response by me right after it too):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-aroma-environment-for-wii-u.618474/page-19#post-9946750
https://gbatemp.net/threads/im-tryi...stions-about-root-certificate-editing.606139/

Sissel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Just Updated To this Beta

-Breath of The Wild (Updates+DLC) Installed on NAND says that the DLC needs to be deleted in order to be Played

This issue is not present in Beta 9 and Tiramisu

Last edited by Sissel,

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this release. I can now unhide my hard drive and prevent me from formatting a drive because I forgot that I hid it with Ustealth (true story...). Everything is working so far except I'm a little confused with the Homebrew on Menu plugin. Am I understanding this right as it hides all of the Homebrew except for Homebrew Launcher? Because when I turn it to true, it hides all of my homebrew on the Wii U menu, but I can't find the Homebrew Launcher either. And opening MiiMaker only opens MiiMaker. Do I need to put something additional on my sdcard or am I missing something? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.