Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Reactions: godreborn

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, yet again another update, with some new small features but also a nasty bug has been fixed.
The bug would cause 1.50 homebrew in KXploit format (/PSP/GAME/foldername%/) on PSP to enter a black screen and the memory stick LED to go crazy.

This means there's now full support for legacy 1.50 homebrew on both the XMB and the Custom Launcher. Remember that to play legacy homebrew you need to install the leda plugin or the eLoader app.

https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r4205

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by Acid_Snake,

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Happy1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the updates !

I have a ,maybe not so ARK related, question :

The maximum capacity a psp can register is completly dependent on the micro sd adapter ?
From what i have read most of them cap out at 128GB with some lucky(other older ?) adapters that can reach 256GB or even higher.
The is probably no Black-Ark-Cfw-Magic to get those other adapters to work with more than 128GB ?

Not really planinng on doing that, but just out of curiosity and large storage cards are really getting cheap

best regards

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Users of version 4.20.08 can now use the XMB to update to 4.20.09

i cannot update ARK via XMB system update. im on version 4.20.08.
when i choose system update it pulling of the regular system update. i even copied the "UPDATER.TXT" from version 4.20.09 to ark folder but it not helped.

do i need to use updater from ARK 4.20.09 package ?

Last edited by xFlesk,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, you just need the updater.txt. I was afraid it was downloading the latest update as well, but the ark updater screen appeared after it downloaded the update. I was able to update successfully.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
New update available, this one is BIG for Vita users as it fixes all of the sleep/resume crashes in the Adrenaline compatibility mode.
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r42010

Also worth noting that using "System Update" in the XMB also works with Adrenaline, so all PSP and Vita users have this feature available.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Reactions: xFlesk

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
holy crap :D LED's toggle feature is simply amazing. also im curious about 6.60 to 6.61 plugin fix, maybe finally i'll switch to the latest FW ;) but its to late for me to test it right now (will take care of it later).
still could not update via internet :/ every time i try it, it tells me that im on the latest version. after copying UPDATE folder i was able to update it in System Update via storage media.
right now im on the latest CFW (4.20.13), hope to update via internet while next release appear ;)
cheers

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy crap :D LED's toggle feature is simply amazing. also im curious about 6.60 to 6.61 plugin fix, maybe finally i'll switch to the latest FW ;) but its to late for me to test it right now (will take care of it later).
still could not update via internet :/ every time i try it, it tells me that im on the latest version. after copying UPDATE folder i was able to update it in System Update via storage media.
right now im on the latest CFW (4.20.13), hope to update via internet while next release appear ;)
cheers
do you have the UPDATER.TXT in the ark01234 folder? it worked fine for me this last update, so I dunno what could be wrong.

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i do have UPDATER.TXT. i was updating from 4.20.09 and still having message that i have latest version.
i will try to disable all the custom plugins i use when the new update drop, maybe it'll help ;)

Reactions: godreborn

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i do have UPDATER.TXT. i was updating from 4.20.09 and still having message that i have latest version.
i will try to disable all the custom plugins i use when the new update drop, maybe it'll help ;)
is it a PSP Go? Casue we did changes to the way PSP Go updates when going from 4.20.09 to 4.20.10 (I think).
Post automatically merged:

New update available, again bringing a fix and a new feature:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r42014

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
no luck with update :/
my psp is 2004. im now running ARK 4.20.13 cIPL (updated via included v4.20.13 UPDATE file, so i believe i have everything i need ;) ). when i choose SYSTEM UPDATE the first it want me to do is to choose internet or storage media. i pick internet. Then select my WIFI connection. after successful connection it shows me that latest system software is installed.
when i pick media storage (with UPDATE file from ARK 4.20.13 package) it showed me the window with info:
Code:
"The following update data was found:
Version 9.99
Location Memory Stick"
from there i can install update.

the info about version making me worry ;)
anyway still no luck with internet update, even after disabling all the custom vsh plugins i have.

My details (FW 6.60):
pic_0000s.png

Last edited by xFlesk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0