Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Just a quick side note: Disgaea 2 DLCs work with ARK-4 Adrenaline in the PSVITA. I guess most of the unworking DLCs, if not all, should probably be working fine with ARK-4 now.

Thanks again for this masterpiece!

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
no luck with update :/
my psp is 2004. im now running ARK 4.20.13 cIPL (updated via included v4.20.13 UPDATE file, so i believe i have everything i need ;) ). when i choose SYSTEM UPDATE the first it want me to do is to choose internet or storage media. i pick internet. Then select my WIFI connection. after successful connection it shows me that latest system software is installed.
when i pick media storage (with UPDATE file from ARK 4.20.13 package) it showed me the window with info:
Code:
"The following update data was found:
Version 9.99
Location Memory Stick"
from there i can install update.

the info about version making me worry ;)
anyway still no luck with internet update, even after disabling all the custom vsh plugins i have.

My details (FW 6.60):
View attachment 369234
Seems like you're not the only one, could be a server error?
Anyways, there's a new release available:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r42016

But it's not yet in the server so either update manually or wait for the server to be updated.

cipl is for permanent cfw? I'm using infinity. Dunno if that would make a difference.
For the time being, cIPL is only for Pandora-compatible models (1K and early 2K), don't attempt to install on any later model or you will get a brick.

Reactions: godreborn

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions about some notes in the GitHub:
  • Popcorn controller for custom PS1 games. Compatible with PopsLoader V3 and V4i.

INSTALLATION
    On PS Vita
    Adrenaline

• Note: this does not permanently modify Adrenaline in any way.
So. What are the steps necessary to use POPSLoader on Vita? Load up Adrenaline, launch ARK, then use the plugin like normal? I had no idea you guys got POPSLoader working on Vita...that's a huge deal to me

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have some questions about some notes in the GitHub:

So. What are the steps necessary to use POPSLoader on Vita? Load up Adrenaline, launch ARK, then use the plugin like normal? I had no idea you guys got POPSLoader working on Vita...that's a huge deal to me
Popsloader doesn't work on PS Vita, the POPS emulator on Vita is way too different from those of PSP so you can't make the PSP versions work very easily on Vita, not without lots and lots hacking, basically a new popsloader.

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popsloader doesn't work on PS Vita, the POPS emulator on Vita is way too different from those of PSP so you can't make the PSP versions work very easily on Vita, not without lots and lots hacking, basically a new popsloader.
Oh, so business as usual then. Maybe the readme can say (psp only) or smth..

RealYoti

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Vita pops has different versions too. It was based on 6.60 before and now on 6.61. But popsloader itself is difficult to update.

rodentthief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFo

For one thing, ARK-4 is still getting regular updates while the others don't. Besides, you can have both PRO C2 and ARK4 If you want.
After doing further research i see why ARK-4 is the best option... i also got a quick question- does anyone know is there noticeable lag differences in the menu when using differnt sized micro sd cards through a pro duo adapter? i heard 32 gb card is best while higher gb cards have more lag? i was thinking of getting a 64gb card but think a 32 gb might be better because less lag? how good is the memory stick speed up option in this ark-4 cfw?- does it prefer other brand micro sd cards for speed than others? if a micro sd xc has a higher read/write speed is it better to just get a cheaper micro sd hc instead at around 50/50 read/write speeds since the psp can't utilize the higher speeds anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill