Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

pitrako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get slower loading times in bustamove ghost and beowulf won't get past the first loading screen with inferno cache on a psp 1000, i'm on ark-4 4.20 latest prerelease in github.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I get slower loading times in bustamove ghost and beowulf won't get past the first loading screen with inferno cache on a psp 1000, i'm on ark-4 4.20 latest prerelease in github.
Yeah this makes sense, originally Inferno Cache would only work on 2K+ models (those with extra RAM). On 1K it shouldn't technically work (you can confirm this by using PRO on a PSP 1K: it won't actually let you use Inferno Cache) but I made it work by using a small bank of user ram, but some games don't like that of course.

Generally speaking I never really recommend Inferno Cache anymore, it's an old feature from when CSO readers were very slow, but they are heavily optimized now (specially with Inferno 2) so the feature is pointless and only really serves to consume more RAM. Memory Stick speed up does a much better job, has a smaller footprint and works everywhere.

Reactions: swosho

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Did you ever make a totally basic, no frills, direct single ISO loader for the Vita?

I'd be interested in seeing the difference without all this extra overhead. Still using an ancient version for that reason as its far more responsive.

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey there. Is it possible to create a caching engine to cache all games for quicker loading times when you open the game folder in XMB? This has been done on an automotive Infotainment system for music files (VAG RNS-E). I believe something like this would greatly help loading times on large memory cards for the PSP.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey there. Is it possible to create a caching engine to cache all games for quicker loading times when you open the game folder in XMB? This has been done on an automotive Infotainment system for music files (VAG RNS-E). I believe something like this would greatly help loading times on large memory cards for the PSP.
Something like that is already implemented.

Reactions: FPSUsername

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey people, I know it's been a while since I made any release, but there are two reasons for that, first of all I've had little time in the past months to do anything, and secondly because I have already worked on something to be released for this exact day.

Here's a little gift for both PSP and Vita users alike.

https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r420

I'll try to get back to bug-fixing and fine-tunning as soon as I can, but for now this release is enough to stirr quite some talk.

Oh and happy 420.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people, I know it's been a while since I made any release, but there are two reasons for that, first of all I've had little time in the past months to do anything, and secondly because I have already worked on something to be released for this exact day.

Here's a little gift for both PSP and Vita users alike.

https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r420

I'll try to get back to bug-fixing and fine-tunning as soon as I can, but for now this release is enough to stirr quite some talk.

Oh and happy 420.
updated, my friend. no issues that I could find. my psp was dead, so I plugged it in to test. it's charging now. ;)

Reactions: Acid_Snake

Yin12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oddly I can’t open the file it’s telling me I need permissions
Post automatically merged:

Also I keep getting this error every time I try booting Ark 4.19.18 idk if this is fixed for the newest update
IMG_2014.jpeg

Last edited by Yin12,

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Also I keep getting this error every time I try booting Ark 4.19.18 idk if this is fixed for the newest update View attachment 366671
That message says it can't find the files in ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ARK_01234/, did you correctly install that folder?

Yin12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That message says it can't find the files in ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ARK_01234/, did you correctly install that folder?
Yes, I put the ARK_01234 in savedata as intended and ARKlive in the game folder It just doesn’t work for the newer versions it seems. I ended up just reformatting my card and downloading the newest ARK patch. And now it works fine. Still dk why I wasn’t able to access the files before but whatever.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I encountered a weird problem with k.bin file when updating to the latest. it kept saying exploit failed on ofw. this is the first time this has happened. I went into ark, then installed it from there, and it went through fine. no issues with the cfw itself either as I went through my usual tests, just with the actual installation did I have a problem.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, i see no option
not sure. I don't have my psp with me atm. I'll ask snake on discord.

press select, go to "Advanced VSH Menu"

he just told me how. you can change text color as well as background color.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0