• Views 621,858
  • Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly im still wet behind the ears when it comes to these GBA CIA's I deleted my old CIA from both sysnand/emunand and installed the new version which looked perfect but my save was gone (expected) but when I put my SD contents back the old Fire emblem CIA showed up. Do these CIA's install differently than normal CIA games?

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Clearly im still wet behind the ears when it comes to these GBA CIA's I deleted my old CIA from both sysnand/emunand and installed the new version which looked perfect but my save was gone (expected) but when I put my SD contents back the old Fire emblem CIA showed up. Do these CIA's install differently than normal CIA games?
This would happen with any cia, GBA or not.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would happen with any cia, GBA or not.
Guess I still have stuff to learn I dont normally use CIA games since I have a gateway card any CIA I install is usually Homebrew. I'll keep this in mind from now on since I forgot that CIA's go straight to the SD like if it were an eShop game.

Small Kat

PC addict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another Question, I finished installing the cia file but then how do i put gba roms in?
And what is the footer for?
And do i use Bigbluemenu to install or FBI?

Last edited by Small Kat,

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is any way to inject a .sav into these games?
i am playing Sacred Stone and i really want to continue that file in my 3DS... =(

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm programming a banner generator and I made a lot of process yesterday. I started it like a week or two ago, but I didn't have time to work on it cause of work, but now I'm off for the next two weeks due to shutdown. I should be able to finish it today or tomorrow. I have a question though, are the sample banners that comes from Riku's program ripped for the fire emblem ambassador game, or were they hand made? If not, some someone rip the banners and icon off a gba ambassador game for me please? I need something to compare to. I want my program to create the banners and icon as close as possible to the official ones by the pixel. I'm a perfectionist at times lol.

Last edited by TheNerdWIzard,

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so reading through the thread i have a curious question about gba on my N3DS 9.0. Instead of having pasta on a different sd so i dont have to switch to the one with my GW emunand. (its a pain to unscrew and swap) Could I patch the agb on my sysnand and use CN to boot pasta, and then use OOT to boot gateway? i just dont want to have to swap the card to play gba games since GW is slow to add support.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried Pokemon Emerald (French) but i have a grey screen at boot.
Not a freeze, just a grey screen.

I did my footer by load the rom

Edit : Same with Ruby and Sapphire

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so reading through the thread i have a curious question about gba on my N3DS 9.0. Instead of having pasta on a different sd so i dont have to switch to the one with my GW emunand. (its a pain to unscrew and swap) Could I patch the agb on my sysnand and use CN to boot pasta, and then use OOT to boot gateway? i just dont want to have to swap the card to play gba games since GW is slow to add support.
Sure. I'm just using one card in my n3ds, cn cart for ninjhax/pasta, and downgraded mset for gateway. I don't have oot but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sweet! ill probably just do that as well. seems easier

I have Sky3DS and GateWay, and :
1 CN rom for NTR CFW
1 CN rom for Ninjhax
1 ZOOT rom for load GW (just when my MSET is reseted by playing a DS Game)
And the MSET N3DS 9.0 for boot Gateway

All is working fine

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A side by side comparison of a banner from an official cia(left), and one created by the program I am working on(right). I know that I need to get rid of the black corners, but I'm working on that. what do you guys think so far? Once I'm done I will need beta testers and some people to check my for major problems like memory leaks, or for more efficient ways of doing things.
Soon it will be super fast and easy to create banners/icon for the gba vc footers.

Edit: I fixed the black corner problem.
uPgbjFD.png

Last edited by TheNerdWIzard,

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, will it be crossplatform or at least open source?
I'm programming it in java, so it should run fine on any computer that has java installed. I should make it open source, but I haven't decided yet, I'm focusing on getting it done first.

Reactions: hippy dave

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A side by side comparison of a banner from an official cia(left), and one created by the program I am working on(right). I know that I need to get rid of the black corners, but I'm working on that. what do you guys think so far? Once I'm done I will need beta testers and some people to check my for major problems like memory leaks, or for more efficient ways of doing things.
Soon it will be super fast and easy to create banners/icon for the gba vc footers.

Edit: I fixed the black corner problem.
uPgbjFD.png

I wondered if you or another people can make a banner creator for NES and GB/GBC VC Games with the official banner ?
Like this banner creator by riku for GBA, but with the officiel GB/GBC Banner for VC.

For NES :
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/29281/4/1.jpg

And for GB/GBC :

http://www.akiba-avenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SMBDL.jpg

If needed, i can dump the banner.bin from a CIA.
Would be really really awesome... <3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...