Hacking [Release] 3DSafe: In-NAND PIN lock for 3DS

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do I need to reinstall the original ?
IIRC, you don't need custom AGB_FIRM with Luma. You should download the original AGB_FIRM and install it, then try again with the latest Luma and see if that works. Then if it works try 3DSafe again and see if it works. (make sure you make NAND backups before doing any of this, especially the AGB_FIRM installation).

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@mashers I know but a long time ago, I installed it on my SysNAND/EmuNAND.
No problem, you can re-download the original and install it I think. I've never messed with the AGB_FIRM stuff, so check the thread about the hacked AGB_FIRM before doing anything with it as I don't want to misinform you.

Reactions: nooby89

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem, you can re-download the original and install it I think. I've never messed with the AGB_FIRM stuff, so check the thread about the hacked AGB_FIRM before doing anything with it as I don't want to misinform you.

That's right, the original must be reinstalled before GBA titles will run. It's a change in Luma 6.5, previously a prepatched AGB_FIRM would be fine.

But, that wouldn't explain why Luma does not run at all.

Reactions: nooby89

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's right, the original must be reinstalled before GBA titles will run. It's a change in Luma 6.5, previously a prepatched AGB_FIRM would be fine.

But, that wouldn't explain why Luma does not run at all.
Oh right, sorry because it got brought up I assumed it was a known issue with recent Luma builds. If that doesn't fix it then I don't know what will. However, if it's happening even with a vanilla A9LH payload, then the problem would seem to be with @nooby89's NAND and/or the latest Luma build, not with 3DSafe specifically.

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will reinstall the titles and reinstall 3DSafe, so If this work the problem was Luma.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I will reinstall the titles and reinstall 3DSafe, so If this work the problem was Luma.
Reinstall the titles first and then test with normal A9LH. The first rule of troubleshooting: change one thing at a time and test after every change :) (because if you change two things and then test, then you won't know which change fixed it)

nooby89

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found «I get a black screen on booot» on Luma3DS wiki : https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting
So I download the clean titles, and I put it on a folder to install it (except the New 3DS title), and on the «Home Menu USA.cia», theres's an error :

«Failed to install CIA file.
Result code : 0xC8E083FC
Level : Status (25)
Summary : Invalid Argument (7)
Module : AM (32)
Desc : Already Excistes (1020)»

And my 3DS brick.
Do you have an idea why ?

Last edited by nooby89,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I found «I get a black screen on booot» on Luma3DS wiki : https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting
So I download the clean titles, and I put it on a folder to install it (except the New 3DS title), and on the «Home Menu USA.cia», theres's an error :

And my 3DS brick.
Do you have a NAND backup you can restore with Hourglass9 from A9LH?

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How can I uninstall the Home Menu ? Oo
Oh sorry I didn't notice it was that title. I don't know, I've never done it. I think you might get better help on this topic in a thread about this subject, as I can't really help you with this as I don't have any experience of it :(

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country

And my 3DS brick.
Do you have an idea why ?

Sounds like you're using an outdated FBI.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just tested Luma 6.5 from the NAND. It works with and without the SD card! Even though, since you are using a custom path, you need a path.txt on the SD and NAND. That will allow you to use games that reboot your console with and without the SD card. Have fun!
P.S. If your sd is in, it will only read files from the sd. Any important things that you want when booting without the SD need to be on the NAND and SD. Otherwise it works fine :)

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I just tested Luma 6.5 from the NAND. It works with and without the SD card! Even though, since you are using a custom path, you need a path.txt on the SD and NAND. That will allow you to use games that reboot your console with and without the SD card. Have fun!
P.S. If your sd is in, it will only read files from the sd. Any important things that you want when booting without the SD need to be on the NAND and SD. Otherwise it works fine :)

Where does path.txt need to be in the CTRNAND for reboot patches to work for the 3dsafe emergency.bin payload?
The root?

nooby89

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem was Luma finally.
AGB_firm or TWL_firm patch was not the original... so I reinstall the clean title, and Luma 6.5 worked.
After I reinstall 3DSafe and no problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Rp4 pro is more capable than I thought https://youtu.be/S8cXS0VHjBU?si=nhJf9rq6t0SKeIw3