ROM Hack [Release] 3DS Release Explorer

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooo, I get an error when I press the update button. Everything loads properly to begin with however, so I didn't actually notice anything out of the ordinary.
Code:
[06.08.2015 23:46] >> System.Exception: Hello!
   at Void.ThreeDs.RelExp.Logics.DatabaseManager.<Update>b__2()

Ryogo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, sorry! I forgot to remove the code that I used while testing error logging :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update (v1.0.4):
- I've messed with prev build and broke update, so here's the fixed build;

Ryogo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Asia,
Is it v1.0.4?
error.log not created?
Have you tried to run an app with admin rights?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, it's the latest version et no error.log file in the same folder.
Tried with admin rights, but same problem.

I will retry later.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just gotten around to try this, and I have the same problem as @Asia81 - the release list won't update on the latest version. I also tried running with admin rights (although these really shouldn't be required for this).

Content of the release.xml:
Code:
<releases xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>

Content of the errors.log:
Code:
[22.08.2015 16:07:36] [   bei System.Xml.XmlConvert.VerifyNCName(String name, ExceptionType exceptionType)]
[22.08.2015 16:07:36] [   bei System.Xml.XmlExceptionHelper.ThrowXmlException(XmlDictionaryReader reader, XmlException exception)]
[22.08.2015 16:07:36] [   bei System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.ReadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver)]
[22.08.2015 16:07:55] [   bei System.Xml.XmlConvert.VerifyNCName(String name, ExceptionType exceptionType)]
[22.08.2015 16:07:55] [   bei System.Xml.XmlExceptionHelper.ThrowXmlException(XmlDictionaryReader reader, XmlException exception)]
[22.08.2015 16:07:55] [   bei System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.ReadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver)]
[22.08.2015 16:08:48] [   bei System.Xml.XmlConvert.VerifyNCName(String name, ExceptionType exceptionType)]
[22.08.2015 16:08:48] [   bei System.Xml.XmlExceptionHelper.ThrowXmlException(XmlDictionaryReader reader, XmlException exception)]
[22.08.2015 16:08:48] [   bei System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.ReadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver)]
[22.08.2015 16:09:25] [   bei System.Xml.XmlConvert.VerifyNCName(String name, ExceptionType exceptionType)]
[22.08.2015 16:09:25] [   bei System.Xml.XmlExceptionHelper.ThrowXmlException(XmlDictionaryReader reader, XmlException exception)]
[22.08.2015 16:09:26] [   bei System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.ReadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver)]
[22.08.2015 16:09:35] [   bei System.Xml.XmlConvert.VerifyNCName(String name, ExceptionType exceptionType)]
[22.08.2015 16:09:35] [   bei System.Xml.XmlExceptionHelper.ThrowXmlException(XmlDictionaryReader reader, XmlException exception)]
[22.08.2015 16:09:35] [   bei System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.ReadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver)]

Also, why not put this on GitHub?

Ryogo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I'm aware of this already - I'll fix that later today (on monday).
For some reasons 3dsdb returns invalid XML file that's why app can't parse it. I think I'll rewrite parsing so it would be more error-prone.

wl.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
don't work for me, too. Error log (sorry, russian language): Value too small or too big for int32

[26.09.2015 08:16] >> System.OverflowException: Значение было недопустимо малым или недопустимо большим для Int32.
в System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

Ryogo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, been busy lately. Will fix everything soon.
P.S.: russian language - ваще не проблема :D

Reactions: Madridi

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Excuse me but... Where is the download button for the source on the site ?
I want build the tool myself :)

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
just found out about this useful app, and works great!

can you add searching by firmware and Title-ID like on 3dsdb on the next version?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I added this to my 3DS Tools Collection. This tool really is one of the hidden gems, and it deserves get a lot more attention than it actually gets, the problem being (as always) that this thread will again get buried by noob questions.

Thanks for this tool!

Reactions: Ryogo and Madridi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, i think wire chargers are more practical
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but im too stupid to know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wired is better for faster charge but if you just leave it all night while you sleep it's good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most wireless pads can only max 15w while average bricks are 65w
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i heard it isnt good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz it overcharges
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: cuz it overcharges