Hacking [RELEASE] 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator

blunt420force

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I formated emunand, copy over the emunand.bin with the emunand tool place it in the same folder as dual nand and boot.bin and then I keep getting the same problem
Error: Unable to identify the SD card that contains emuNAND
am I missing a step or something
Im using a 64 GB Silicon Power SD with gateway emunand

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I formated emunand, copy over the emunand.bin with the emunand tool place it in the same folder as dual nand and boot.bin and then I keep getting the same problem
Error: Unable to identify the SD card that contains emuNAND
am I missing a step or something
Im using a 64 GB Silicon Power SD with gateway emunand

Run this test version of the program and take a screenshot of whatever error comes up, please. If only the same message appears, the signature set in your SD card may differ from that of Gateway / MT Card.

Attachments

• 3ds-dualnand_v0.4_test.rar
    27.3 KB · Views: 433

blunt420force

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Run this test version of the program and take a screenshot of whatever error comes up, please. If only the same message appears, the signature set in your SD card may differ from that of Gateway / MT Card.

ok thanks
I ran that and got a new error

Attachments

• dual2.bmp
    1.7 MB · Views: 453

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Error code: 5 = ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED. Make sure you're running the program with administrative privileges. Maybe a different process also opened / is using the SD card and locked its access. You may want to check that.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Updated program to v0.5. Here's the official changelog:

v0.5:

* FAT32 format procedure no longer requires any user input.
* Fixed compatibility with RedNANDs (NAND dumps with a 512 bytes long dummy header).
* You can now use the "-cfw" parameter instead of "-i" to write the input NAND dump as a RedNAND (for use with the Palantine CFW).
* Corrected a previous behaviour where EmuNANDs were being written as RedNANDs for "GATEWAYNAND" SD cards (only if the "-1" parameter was used). The NCSD header is now written to the appropiate offset.
* The application now writes a dummy footer after the NAND dump in the SD card during any given input operation, which serves to indicate the right size of the output NAND dump when doing an extraction. This is because the size calculation based in the NCSD header info doesn't always match the right NAND flash capacity.

v0.4:

* Added compatibility with the first EmuNAND. To select an EmuNAND, use either the "-1" (first EmuNAND) or "-2" (second EmuNAND) option, along with the operation parameter (either "-i" or "-o").

v0.3:

* You can now specify an input ("-i") or output ("-o") parameter, to either write or extract the second EmuNAND.

v0.2:

* Added compatibility with SD cards that contain an EmuNAND created by the Gateway Launcher.dat.

V0.1:

* Initial release, only able to write a second EmuNAND to the SD card.

I tried setting up CFW, but can't get the timing right to start CFW for first time. Does this program make CFW setup easier? Can someone walk me through using it?

Well, that's just CFW for you. After all, it *is* unstable, and it is very unlikely to get it to load on the first try. You have to get used to hard resetting a lot of each time you want to run the CFW.

This program only makes it easier to manage an SD card that stores more than one EmuNAND without using any additional software.

This is the same thing of nop90 dual emunand or this one can have emunand + NTR CFW? XD

Same thing, but automated. Please bear in mind that, currently, the only loading method that supports using a custom boot sector is the CFW; this is completely necessary to boot up a NAND dump stored in the SD card from a sector different to 1. If anything new comes up, I'll gladly update the program, but for now, you can only use the EmuNAND + RedNAND CFW combination.

Im also interested if this can install NTR cFW? and whats the difference between NTR, Palatine, and Govanify's CFW?

NTR CFW is basically a modified Gateway EmuNAND Loader. Palantine's and Govanify's CFWs are mostly the same, but Palantine's is considered to be more stable.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
So can we install NTR cFW with this or no?

Read my answer to Lord M:

Please bear in mind that, currently, the only loading method that supports using a custom boot sector is the CFW; this is completely necessary to boot up a NAND dump stored in the SD card from a sector different to 1. If anything new comes up, I'll gladly update the program, but for now, you can only use the EmuNAND + RedNAND CFW combination.

The "CFW" I was referring is the Palantine one. Technically, you *can* use NTR CFW with this as long as you properly set the first EmuNAND, since it is basically a custom Gateway Launcher.dat that will load up whatever EmuNAND you have stored at sector #1. But the second EmuNAND can only be a RedNAND for the Palantine CFW, at least for the time being.

BlueCrimsonX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so now I've decided to use this... how do I use this? A really fast cmd comes up and disappears whats going on?
A step-by-step tutorial would be great if you could make one!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
That's because you actually need to run the program from a terminal window, because it has no graphical frontend (yet).

Just press the Windows + R button combination, type in "cmd" and press Enter. Then, use the "cd" command to go to the directory where the program is stored. For example:

cd "C:\MY_DATA\3DS Stuff"
If it is stored in a drive different to C:, then use the "/D" specifier, like this:​
cd /D "F:\files\programs\3DS Stuff"
Alternatively, you can just install something like Clickie, right click the directory where you saved the program, and select the "Open MS-DOS Prompt" option.​
Afterwards, just run the program by typing in its name. If no parameters are given, the usage screen (quoted in the first post) will appear. The information explained in there should be enough to make you understand how the program works and the meaning of each option/parameter.​
If this is the first time you are configuring the Second EmuNAND, then you'll want to run the following command:​
3ds-dualnand -2 -i NAND.BIN boot.bin
Make sure both NAND.BIN (NAND dump to be used as the Second EmuNAND) and boot.bin (from the Palantine CFW data) files are present in the same directory where the program is stored, and that the SD card that contains an already formatted GW/MT EmuNAND is inserted, and press Enter.​
Keep in mind that doing this will wipe the current partition table from the SD card. Backup your files before running this command.​
When the process is completed, restore your files to the FAT32 partition and copy the data from the Palantine CFW to the root directory. Then, rename the Launcher.dat from the CFW to MsetForBoss.dat, and replace the boot.bin file with the one stored in the program directory (now modified).​
Finally, just use the ROP Multiloader with your NDS Flashcard to swap between ROP chains each time you want to load a different EmuNAND:​
"Gateway Launcher.dat 4x" -> First EmuNAND (GW/MT)
"Homebrew MsetForBoss.dat 4x" -> Second EmuNAND (written by the program)
Hope it helps. It is still way easier to do for people that are unfamiliar with the info explained by nop90 in his tutorial.​

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a Tri(ple) emuNAND Creator? I would like this setup.
  1. 4.x CFW
  2. 9.x emuNAND (via rxTools)
  3. 9.x emuNAND with a different region than #1 and #2 (via rxTools)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Is there a Tri(ple) emuNAND Creator? I would like this setup.
  1. 4.x CFW
  2. 9.x emuNAND (via rxTools)
  3. 9.x emuNAND with a different region than #1 and #2 (via rxTools)

It is possible to configure more than one RedNAND (a triple setup consisting of 1 EmuNAND + 2 RedNANDs can be achieved, for example), but currently it is not possible to configure more than one EmuNAND. This is because the only method capable of loading a NAND dump from a sector different to 1 in the SD card, is the CFW itself, by modifying the boot.bin file.

rxTools.dat nor Gateway's Launcher.dat can boot up an EmuNAND from a sector different to 1, at least not for the time being.

For now, I just suggest to do what I'm doing: configure one SD card with a DualNAND setup (9.x rxTools EmuNAND + CFW RedNAND) and use another one for the updated EmuNAND.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you DarkMatterCore. It seems like your setup is good. Are there any other issues/pitfalls with your kind of setup? Thank you again.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you DarkMatterCore. It seems like your setup is good. Are there any other issues/pitfalls with your kind of setup? Thank you again.

None at all. You just gotta make sure the NANDs themselves are unlinked from one another, specially if you have kids at home. Otherwise, going to the Data Management menu can easily wipe off all the installed data.

Each NAND in my setup was System Formatted before doing anything with them. As a result, each NAND uses a different ID to store content inside the "Nintendo 3DS" directory (one folder for the updated EmuNAND, one folder for the RedNAND and one folder for the region-changed EmuNAND).

I'd recommend turning that into a common practice (yes, I suffered from data loss thanks to a kid).

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed your reply to the person asking for a triple setup, and while I realize it has no use for now, maybe "if you build it, they will come" so to speak. Actually, I'm thinking 3ds-quadnand.exe would be nice. Gaming EmuNAND, RedNAND, eShop EmuNAND, and EUR eShop EmuNAND (assuming I can ever get a SecureInfo_A that works with the eShop). It's not like it would hurt anything having the options -3 and -4 there. Obviously no one would have an immediate use for it. But if I'm going to try to convince the author of rxTools to support multiple EmuNANDs, it would help my argument having an easy-access tool that already supports said functionality to refer to. A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
But wouldn't the "Gaming EmuNAND" be the same as the "eShop EmuNAND"? That's basically what most people use it for, to play retail games and legit eShop data (at least, people who doesn't own a Gateway). A triple setup seams more feasible to me, though. I'd also *love* to see support for more than one EmuNAND on rxTools.

Modifying 3ds-dualnand to be able to write a second EmuNAND to the second RedNAND offset should be fairly easy (right now, it is hardcoded to write the second EmuNAND as a RedNAND, for the reasons I previously explained). And adding support to a third one would not take me that much time, since the code to modify the MBR partition layout is already there (I'd only need to change the beginning offset for the FAT32 partition from 0x80000000 to 0xC0000000 and tweak some of the code).

I'll try to get some free time to do this.

Reactions: Margen67

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry for the double post. Here's a new beta version of the program I just finished up coding. It is able to properly write an EmuNAND to the second RedNAND offset (using the same data structure as the first GW EmuNAND), instead of being hardcoded to only write a RedNAND to that position.

It can also configure a third EmuNAND/RedNAND by using the "-3" parameter (the boot.bin file is also modified to reflect this new offset). Remember: this is only for testing purposes, since you can't really boot a second/third EmuNAND for the time being.

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!0I5WEbAC!0EBVNVnPrl2WszEIfTOnoZ7E5awbqroPq0ZVvsCHRu0.

Kazuma77 Here's hoping you can convince Roxas75. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)