Hacking ReiNX.Guide - The Official ReiNX installation guide!

• Thread starter Kilim
  • Start date
  • Views 109,594
  • Replies 139
  • Likes 32

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
thank you for quick response guys. i've described (as much as i can) my issue on github and now is time to wait ;)
it reminds me a beautyful time of early psp scene, with similar problems etc ... i think i love it :D
cheers

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it works on version 1.0.0?
Even if it did, most legal backups will not even run or even install on firmware 1.0. Update without burning fuses using ChoiDujourNX. Bear in mind it'll install AutoRCM as well but it is not as dangerous as people make it out to be as long as you Power Off the console in RCM or use Sleep Mode.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great guide that I'd love to point people to. However, the method described for updating the system without burning efuses is risky, and the ChoiDujourNX method should at least be acknowledged as a safer option.

blueflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you recommend holding volume + button, over using ChoiDujour?

Just curious, I just got 2nd switch 3.0.2 (I believe from serial) for homebrew and slowly reading up on what's possible.

In no rush to update, waiting see if emunand becomes reality.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you recommend holding volume + button, over using ChoiDujour?

Just curious, I just got 2nd switch 3.0.2 (I believe from serial) for homebrew and slowly reading up on what's possible.

In no rush to update, waiting see if emunand becomes reality.
When it comes to updating without burning efuses, ChoiDujourNX is the best option. The guide should at least mention it as the safest option.

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as im aware there are some issues with using choidujour in reference to the exFAT update and how ReiNX handles it, we're looking into it though and ill bring this up with the team about including it for ease of use

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as im aware there are some issues with using choidujour in reference to the exFAT update and how ReiNX handles it, we're looking into it though and ill bring this up with the team about including it for ease of use
In the meantime, it might be worth acknowledging it now as a safer option down the road, so people don't irreversibly burn their fuses beforehand. It also needs to be acknowledged because it's the only way to update offline without a cartridge, and a lot of users are keeping their Switch systems offline with ReiNX.

Last edited by Lacius,

Metalman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Noobish question: My virgin Switch is on 1.0.0 never touched or anything, can I get ReiNX working without updating to the latest FW?
Can I update to the latest and then revert back to 1.0.0?
I keep reading that 1.0.0 is a golden FW and stuff, should I just wait for something like an emunand to get released instead of ruining this golden FW now?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noobish question: My virgin Switch is on 1.0.0 never touched or anything, can I get ReiNX working without updating to the latest FW?
Can I update to the latest and then revert back to 1.0.0?
I keep reading that 1.0.0 is a golden FW and stuff, should I just wait for something like an emunand to get released instead of ruining this golden FW now?

Even if it did, most legal backups will not even run or even install on firmware 1.0. Update without burning fuses using ChoiDujourNX. Bear in mind it'll install AutoRCM as well but it is not as dangerous as people make it out to be as long as you Power Off the console in RCM or use Sleep Mode.

Reactions: Lacius

Anthraxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, thanks for this guide!!

I wanted to check whether the CTCaear mod of Hekate is still the best way to restore the NAND backups made in the guide?

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks for this guide!!

I wanted to check whether the CTCaear mod of Hekate is still the best way to restore the NAND backups made in the guide?

its actually the only way right now lol, dumps can be performed by the toolkit but restores are through hekate

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I doing something wrong here? the system version still shows as standard 5.1 and not 5.1 reinx, I know it's a trivial thing, still wanted to show it off :P

Or is it because i'm using hekate as the loader?

Seems I'm in the wrong thread, oops, using latest build anyway

NVM, forgot I was using the SDFilesSwitch Release, replaced the files from the latest reinx, all working now :)

Last edited by wiiando,

Anthraxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah good to know, thanks!! Is it still the case that restoring to an untouched NAND will leave the console undetectable by Nintendo? I'd love to get the save games off my primary Switch and transfer them to my hacked Switch, but not if I'll risk my primary Switch being banned.

loserskater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a suggestion, have links open in a new tab. The guide should remain it's own tab when going through and opening links to a different site (github, etc).

Reactions: Quantumcat

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm getting a blackscreen after the splash screen , anyidea whatssup ? previous version used to work fine for me , i'm on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: