Hacking ReiNX.Guide - The Official ReiNX installation guide!

• Thread starter Kilim
  • Start date
  • Views 109,683
  • Replies 139
  • Likes 32

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
I actually noticed that before. Ill work on updating it soon so they open in a new tab
Update on this: I have now made all links open in a new tab (unless they are directed to the site itself). If you find any more of them that don't open in a new tab let me know everyone

Reactions: loserskater

FrostFusionHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have read the guide and it is very nice, thank you very much!
I am not quite sure if it is necessary to mention it in the FAQ, but I still wanted to point at that:
The guide mentions really good, that it would be great to use exFAT on your SD Card because of the different size of the .nsp files.
But the only thing which is not mentioned according the SD Card is "Are you allowed to eject the SD Card, while your Nintendo Switch is on and running CFW / RCM?"
I do not know if it is necessary, but this came up to my mind as I accidently ejected my SD Card (while being on OFW) and the Nintendo Switch prompted, that it needs to be restarted / shut down before you eject your SD Card.

And since I am pretty sure people will add more .nsp files in the future on their SD Cards, this may be good to mention what to do. Do they have to shut down first (which means entering the RCM again)? Or is it enough when they turn on sleep mode? Or can we just eject the SD Card and nothing happens? etc.

Last edited by FrostFusionHero,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read the guide and it is very nice, thank you very much!
I am not quite sure if it is necessary to mention it in the FAQ, but I still wanted to point at that:
The guide mentions really good, that it would be great to use exFAT on your SD Card because of the different size of the .nsp files.
But the only thing which is not mentioned according the SD Card is "Are you allowed to eject the SD Card, while your Nintendo Switch is on and running CFW / RCM?"
I do not know if it is necessary, but this came up to my mind as I accidently ejected my SD Card (while being on OFW) and the Nintendo Switch prompted, that it needs to be restarted / shut down before you eject your SD Card.

And since I am pretty sure people will add more .nsp files in the future on their SD Cards, this may be good to mention what to do. Do they have to shut down first (which means entering the RCM again)? Or is it enough when they turn on sleep mode? Or can we just eject the SD Card and nothing happens? etc.
SD cards can only be removed when the console is powered off or in RCM. Removing it during sleep mode is the same as removing it while it is powered on.

Reactions: FrostFusionHero

Boriskr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
boot up ok but if i leave the usb cable pluged in its like i can inject the payload again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

game installs and play,try to go sleep and its in rcm

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt that 1.6 , i came here because it wouldnt work in the first place..

everything was updated, it was a hidden commit almost, it was just a quick edit; it should work now

boot up ok but if i leave the usb cable pluged in its like i can inject the payload again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

game installs and play,try to go sleep and its in rcm

that's odd, ill push it to the staff and see what's wrong - maybe going from 6.0 -> 5.1 caused issues? not too sure

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass