United States
Thank you for getting this done.
smile.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm for some reason My system won't load out of region disks unless I have the force region hack applied. the region free hack doesn't seem to work otherwise. It might just be the game though.....

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the hacksPAL.ini from SOFTMII 2.9.6 includes different offsets for PAL region free

[region free Wii games]
version=418
offset=0x8137D704,0x8137D6E4
value=0x4800001C,0x38000001

are these working or old ones? anyone know

darkvoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stev418 said:
the hacksPAL.ini from SOFTMII 2.9.6 includes different offsets for PAL region free

SoftMii includes the old non-working hacks.ini. From what I have heard it does not allow backup copies or out of region discs to play through the disc channel.

You can safely update to the new hacks.ini, at any time you can switch back to the SoftMii hacks.ini also. Just update the file on your SD card.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hhm, just tried the [force disc region] hack for PAL 4.0 and it stops ALL (backup/retail) discs from booting in disc channel

just gives the 'Unable to read disc' error to all

I have a wiikey2 installed, not sure if that matters

darkvoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stev418 said:
hhm, just tried the [force disc region] hack for PAL 4.0 and it stops ALL (backup/retail) discs from booting in disc channel

I will try and double-check that stev418, I only have a NTSC Wii so I could not test the PAL hacks.
When I get some time I will set down and verify them, there must indeed be some error.

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide and upgraded to 4.0, I installed cioscorp, cios60 wad fix, installed preloader again, copied the hacks ini for region NTSC from wiibrew.org and put it on the root of my SD card, enabled all the options and I cannot get any region free games to load from disc channel. NTSC backups load ok so far.

I tried using IOS 30 and IOS 36 from preloader settings.

I need to edit this and say thanks once again to all the great people that make this board awesome.

instead of using the wiibrew.org hacks.ini i copied and pasted the one from this thread and it worked! for my NTSC 4.0u. I have no idea whats different between the hacks.ini on here vs wiibrew.org , but the one on this thread worked!

Thanks to the original poster.
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol