GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TobiasAmaranth said:
girugamarc said:
then I suppose manually extracting everything in the texture/stage folder won't work? :/
Not supported, and please do not ask
Sorry, but it's officially on the html help files included with Reggie!
it state "use wiiscrubber to extract the necessary files"

Either one of your info is wrong.
and personally, I used Trucha signer, it extract tree recursively. no need to right-click/extract all of them one by one.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
The help files were made a couple weeks ago, and we made the dumper just recently as a better alternative. Yeah, you can do it if you like. The staff and developers of the Reggie team are just gonna point you to the dumper though. The dumper is easier for those who have never done this stuff, and no one needs to download anything illegal to use it, which some people might appreciate.

And WiiScrubber can extract multiple files >.>

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, I understand your point, and the dumper is a good idea for people without an iso.

Anyway, my wiiscruber1.40 can't extract multiple files :wtf:
(Maybe I don't have the last version)

I'm currently checking all the options and windows inside Reggie!, there a a lot of them
tongue.gif

Good work

Could I add a request (the first one ?) :
When clicking an element on the editing zone, could it have a different background-color (or a border-color) in the tileset/sprite list (and a ensure_visibility) ?
Some sprites share the same pictures, it would be even quicker to see which sprite number is clicked on the editing zone if there were a border color around them.

not a grey-brackground like a "change to this sprite", else it would remove the current painting sprite to the clicked one. just a visual effect.

Sorry if it's confusing
tongue.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TobiasAmaranth said:
roku93 said:
I own the original game, but boy am I glad when this works with backups..
smile.gif
Anyway, great work on reggie!

Umm, why? I have an easy backup enabled system and this is by FAR easier to use in conjunction with Riivolution than with backups. It was WELL worth the purchase of a retail disc.

The game takes a very small amount of disc space (not counting the dummy files to take up rest of disc). The game it self is short compared to other mario games. NO, it was not worth 50 dollars. Should of been released as wiiware or on a gamecube sized disc for half the price. Niny can **** themseleves for ripping me off!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
chartube12 said:
TobiasAmaranth said:
roku93 said:
smile.gif

Umm, why? I have an easy backup enabled system and this is by FAR easier to use in conjunction with Riivolution than with backups. It was WELL worth the purchase of a retail disc.

The game takes a very small amount of disc space (not counting the dummy files to take up rest of disc). The game it self is short compared to other mario games. NO, it was not worth 50 dollars. Should of been released as wiiware or on a gamecube sized disc for half the price. Niny can **** themseleves for ripping me off!

I agree. Its a good game, really good game. But not worth 50 bucks. Maybe 20-25$.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
chartube12 said:
You prefer a Blue-ray game disk full of crappy video and no gameplay instead of 320Mo of great games ? up to you to decide the gameplay value from the content size. I'm sure all previous console games were shit for you, 4Mb of crap in super mario world when cartridge could be 48Mb for the same price !

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
TobiasAmaranth said:
roku93 said:
smile.gif

Funny thing is, this is the longest 2-D Mario game in the history.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are there any team to do remakes?
I've seen some remake levels here (click) but I think it's better to team up to it faster, what do you think?

I dream of Super Mario World 75 levels (and 96 exits
wink.gif
) of course there would be missing items such as small Yoshi's, blue flying Yoshis, red spitting fireball Yoshi, yellow "eathquakes" Yoshi, cape feather, key and keyhole for hidden exit, etc.

But Reggie could be used to integrate new items, isn't it?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Thank you so much for all the work you've done in this! I can't imagine how much time and dedication it must have taken to make this, completely free.
You guys deserve a medal, this editor will make NSMB Wii playable forever!

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Yoshi Party said:
Does it work with PAL?Yes. Level files are compatible between versions.

oneleggedjack said:
How does the folder structure go? Can I just use the .arc files that i extracted w/wiiscrubber?

How can I manually do this from an iso?Extract the Stage folder (you don't need every level - 1-1 is the only one that you -must- have for Reggie to recognise the folder, but the others are very useful for learning purposes). Extract the Texture folder from there, and put it into the Stage folder.
You should end up with a hierarchy like this:
- Stage\
--- 01-01.arc
--- 01-02.arc
--- [more level files]
--- Texture\
----- Pa0_jyotyu.arc
----- Pa0_jyotyu_chika.arc
----- [more tileset files]

middeloni said:
We'll now need someone to step up and make a site where we can upload all of our stages..I already did this, it's linked in the first post.

QUOTE(chartube12 @ Mar 21 2010, 01:24 PM) The game takes a very small amount of disc space (not counting the dummy files to take up rest of disc). The game it self is short compared to other mario games. NO, it was not worth 50 dollars. Should of been released as wiiware or on a gamecube sized disc for half the price. Niny can **** themseleves for ripping me off!
Super Mario Galaxy is a huge, epic 3D game. Would you consider it to be worth 50 dollars?

Well.. if you take out the cutscenes and streamed music, the files are 231mb. OH NO! RIPOFF!

QUOTE(Jabe @ Mar 21 2010, 01:56 PM)
Sadly, that's not doable yet
frown.gif
Still working on hacking the game's code. I can create new custom sprites, but they have to be very simple, and they cannot display anything on screen or interact with Mario yet.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Treeki said:
Jabe said:
frown.gif
Still working on hacking the game's code. I can create new custom sprites, but they have to be very simple, and they cannot display anything on screen or interact with Mario yet.

Thanks for fast answer, even if it's not possible yet some Team could already work on it and replace cape feather with propeller cap, etc.

Amazing work anyway.

So about my team question, does it exist, or do people make remake keeping to themselves?

For remake purpose again, are there any tip to extract map from .smc file or so and compare it?
Is there any way to have SNES map on some layer (like on Photoshop) and draw the NSMB remake map on top of it?
It would help to do remake faster.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabe said:
Treeki said:
Jabe said:
frown.gif

Thanks for fast answer, even if it's not possible yet some Team could already work on it and replace cape feather with propeller cap, etc.

Amazing work anyway.

So about my team question, does it exist, or do people make remake keeping to themselves?

For remake purpose again, are there any tip to extract map from .smc file or so and compare it?
Is there any way to have SNES map on some layer (like on Photoshop) and draw the NSMB remake map on top of it?
It would help to do remake faster.

There was a remake team, but I don't if they started the work. These remakes were made out of boredom, and posted there to fill up the site a bit.

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG! Thanks SO MUCH for releasing this. You'll see some custom levels tonight from me on YouTube. FYI, my YouTube is "WiiMarioHacker". (Without the quotes and ".")

sk8erbilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to edit the sprite images of Mario (Or Luigi and Blue/Yellow Toad)? That would be sick!

Oh and great work every one
biggrin.gif

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
sk8erbilly said:
Is there a way to edit the sprite images of Mario (Or Luigi and Blue/Yellow Toad)? That would be sick!

biggrin.gif
Use SZS Modifier or BrawlBox. You can modify the textures for Mario.arc, Luigi.arc and Kinopio.arc (in the game's Object folder).

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
sk8erbilly said:

biggrin.gif
Use SZS Modifier or BrawlBox. You can modify the textures for Mario.arc, Luigi.arc and Kinopio.arc (in the game's Object folder).

OR you can even put Obama (or anyone else for that matter) into the game. Because BrawlBox can read game's .brasa file. (one that contains sound effects, and allows you to change the length of songs.)

Thus, if we can (don't remember) edit the voices of the game with the .brasa file, then we could literally name the game "New Obama's World Wii."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D