Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Barbados
QUOTE said:
That explains a lot.
I unlocked some hint videos on nsmbw that for whatever reason just show Mario doing something stupid and plunging to his death. I'm assuming something got corrupted, probably from an ocarina code or something.

That's definitely correct. Using an Ocarina Code will mess up most hint videos. Can also be seen in the Intro.
Those vids probably just are recorded plays. Might be possible to alter them as it was feasible in LM with ZSNES.

thepro200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey I don't want to sound like a noob, but did Reggie release his level editor yet? because i am too lazy to go through 66 pages, and it been a few months since he had told us about it

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
thepro200 said:
hey I don't want to sound like a noob, but did Reggie release his level editor yet? because i am too lazy to go through 66 pages, and it been a few months since he had told us about it
I don't think Reggie Fils-Aime is going to be releasing a hacking tool for a Nintendo game.
tongue.gif

But no, it's not finished yet. We're still working on fixing bugs (and on the stuff that will be released alongside Reggie), and I'm learning PPC ASM so I can reverse-engineer things and find out more about the game works. I've managed to decompile several parts of the code related to sprites - there's a lot of fun stuff in here.

I'll leave you with this: http://treeki.shacknet.nu/logicfail.png

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
thepro200 said:
Reggie! is only the name of the editor, the creator is Treeki... He also made the NSMB DS Editor...
It has not been released yet, and when it is released, I have a feeling that this thread will nearly double it's size within a week...

Artix3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks really good! I hope you release a beta or something soon. Until then, keep up the great work.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that screenshot wants me to texture hack mario to VENOMMario and throw spider webs
smile.gif

btw where do I find the mario textures? Never did a texture hack...

TheLuka341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just wondering about this.... it's been a while since updates. Last time you updated, you said it was about 95% finished. Well, it's been about a month since you said that. Hopefully there will be some updates soon.
yay.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TheLuka341 said:
I'm just wondering about this.... it's been a while since updates. Last time you updated, you said it was about 95% finished. Well, it's been about a month since you said that. Hopefully there will be some updates soon.
yay.gif

QUOTE(TheLuka341 @ Jan 27 2010, 10:03 PM) C'mon. come out come out come out PLZ come out.

Doesn't help to post these kind of useless things, only frustrates the makers.
You just have to be patient, they won't release it until it's perfect.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
TheLuka341 said:
yay.gif
Now that Reggie is being tested more comprehensively (especially by the Newer Super Mario Bros Wii team) we've found a lot of bugs which need to be fixed. Working on fixing these (plus finishing up other stuff, and RE) is taking up more time than we expected.

Saphiresurf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot didnt The Newer Super Mario Bros. Team have a website? if so whats the url for the website?

EDIT: never mind i just found there thread.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
TheLuka341 said:
yay.gif
Now that Reggie is being tested more comprehensively (especially by the Newer Super Mario Bros Wii team) we've found a lot of bugs which need to be fixed. Working on fixing these (plus finishing up other stuff, and RE) is taking up more time than we expected.

Congratulations on a somewhat open beta
smile.gif
Can't wait to try the final release! KUTGW.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Yeah, some of these bugs I'm finding are really obscure.

I copied some text from IRC in Linux and ended up with Reggie using >620mb of RAM unnoticed. Apparently it doesn't like andLinux's clipboard. (Also, I guess that's why I've randomly been unable to copy/paste things for a while..)

edit: Aren't obscure, hard-to-find bugs just awesome? Apparently there's no way to fix it - looks like it's an issue with Xming. Copying any text from Xming causes Qt to send Reggie an infinite amount of "clipboard updated" events, resulting in fun stuff like this: http://treeki.shacknet.nu/memfail.png

Good thing I'm probably the only person who will ever encounter this bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz