Status
Not open for further replies.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meohsix said:
isnt it the key you get after you beat the koopa kids? the one that falls from the top of the screen?

It's actually a different key. I haven't looked into it, but the community has yet to find it actually implemented in a level.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
vashgs said:
meohsix said:
isnt it the key you get after you beat the koopa kids? the one that falls from the top of the screen?

It's actually a different key. I haven't looked into it, but the community has yet to find it actually implemented in a level.
It's not used anywhere in levels, but judging by the filename (I_ship_key.arc), it seems to be related to the doomships. Not sure if any of them actually make use of it - I suspect it might not be used in a level, but it might be created by a boss or something like that.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
I'll make and post one with a new level when we get some of the new stuff completed.

Definitely looking forward to that. I'd like to see some of the various extremes that the objects can actually be set to.

Treeki said:
Not yet sadly - the most interesting stuff we've found is tiles which are normally invisible (Like the invisible item blocks and such) which can be set to 100% opaque in order to see some Japanese text describing them. That's about it though.

Well, that key below certainly seems quite interesting. Looks like something that can be picked up and carried, and was possibly scrapped for not working well with multiplayer or something. Odd though, that thing about the invisible blocks. I wouldn't think they'd have an opacity setting in the first place since they have the additional property of being able to be jumped through from other angles.

QUOTE(Treeki @ Dec 10 2009, 05:45 PM)
01-20, 02-20, 03-20, 04-20, 05-20

Oh. I thought that was the cannon (I haven't opened any of them, just looked at the number listing) but if 20 isn't the cannon, then what is? Likewise, is it possible to add other multiplayer only levels by creating new numbers? Probably not, but...

n64billy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
n64billy said:
I was wondering if it's possible to change the Title screen at all..?
[Woo! Finally decided to register here after leeching for so long!]

Yes: Proof... (I don't know how to do it, but Span does...)

Sadly that didn't answer my question. What I meant was if you can edit the actual layout of the Title screen, as in the ground they run across. Make them run up a hill, down a rotating hill, through a hidden passage. Things like that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TobiasAmaranth said:
Well, that key below certainly seems quite interesting. Looks like something that can be picked up and carried, and was possibly scrapped for not working well with multiplayer or something.
There is no picking key in a non hacked nsmb ?
I didn't play NSMB yet, but if keys can be carried, we could add keyholes working as secret passage or end of zone, like in mario world ?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
title screen should be hackable, if you turn on ocarina cheats, inlcuding the transformation cheat where you can change powerups by pressing "-" or "B", mario will start the intro on yoshi and have a star power, as well you can change the power up all on the title screen so in theory it should be hackable...

he also runs far away from the others because he can run faster due to the star

Dadiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well Treeki, I finally decided to register, and I must say...

I am darn impressed by what this editor is showing. I mean, the editor for the DS version was great.. But this will be much better.
I'd be happy to see more updates soon. Seeya.
smile.gif

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it's not a "video", as in a recorded segment. When you hack the textures of level 1-1, they change in the title screen too.... Clouds, the dirt mounds, those dildoey hills...

and to change the logo you simply change the .png that contains the games logo....
PAL: ROOT>PARTITION0>EU>LAYOUT>OPENINGTITLE>OPENINGTITLE.arc

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
TobiasAmaranth said:
Well, that key below certainly seems quite interesting. Looks like something that can be picked up and carried, and was possibly scrapped for not working well with multiplayer or something.
No, when you run into it, it moves up shortly and then flies off into the top left corner of the screen. I'm still quite sure that it's related to the doomships - I noticed that when I played one, the I_ship_key.arc file was loaded by the game.

TobiasAmaranth said:
Odd though, that thing about the invisible blocks. I wouldn't think they'd have an opacity setting in the first place since they have the additional property of being able to be jumped through from other angles.
There's no actual "opacity" setting - those invisible blocks have the alpha component on all their pixels set to 0. Forcing it to 255 reveals the hidden tiles.
Also, per-tile properties (collisions, behaviours, etc) have nothing to do with the image.

QUOTE(TobiasAmaranth @ Dec 11 2009, 05:26 AM)
Oh. I thought that was the cannon (I haven't opened any of them, just looked at the number listing) but if 20 isn't the cannon, then what is? Likewise, is it possible to add other multiplayer only levels by creating new numbers? Probably not, but...
As far as I know, no. 36 is the cannon.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried forcing a ship key into a ship level at various points and seeing if something triggers? Placing it at the start, then placing one at the boss room? Prolly dead code, as Nintendo has been pretty good about keeping useless stuff out of their games lately, but still.

A question about World Map hacking, for anyone who has investigated it. Can you load 'new' level numbers through re-coding it? Arcs that didn't exist prior like, 01-08 or something?

Maxoxpower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
and to change the logo you simply change the .png that contains the games logo....
PAL: ROOT>PARTITION0>EU>LAYOUT>OPENINGTITLE>OPENINGTITLE.arc
i dont know why but i cant extract the file

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Zone editing, Camera modes, visibility modes, music changing, and a few other options are implemented. No support yet for adding or removing zones.

As to finding unused and hidden things, to be honest, we haven't really checked! We are only really looking at the existing values for sprites, since there are many many sprite slots, and 359 sprites used across all levels. So we're looking at the used sprites and the used data first, it's more than enough for now, and we might start looking for unused data later.

And technically, we've actually found several new camera modes and visibility options, some of which are coolish. There will be plenty to play with if you use the editor.

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
zone adding and/or removing, like only in-level or adding the levels themselves? adding levels themselves would be supercool, but I guess that would need a overworld editor thing and something to change a lot of data that have the number of levels and such stuff... so I'd guess we'll never see that...

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
TempusC said:
Zone editing, Camera modes, visibility modes, music changing, and a few other options are implemented. No support yet for adding or removing zones.

As to finding unused and hidden things, to be honest, we haven't really checked! We are only really looking at the existing values for sprites, since there are many many sprite slots, and 359 sprites used across all levels. So we're looking at the used sprites and the used data first, it's more than enough for now, and we might start looking for unused data later.

And technically, we've actually found several new camera modes and visibility options, some of which are coolish. There will be plenty to play with if you use the editor.

Thank you both engage, Reggie promises a lot!

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ghork said:
zone adding and/or removing, like only in-level or adding the levels themselves? adding levels themselves would be supercool, but I guess that would need a overworld editor thing and something to change a lot of data that have the number of levels and such stuff... so I'd guess we'll never see that...

No to your entire pessimistic and non-comprehending existence
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol