Red Dead Redemption 2 gets delayed, new release date

750001bd09b2452ef0d01fab0965ff76d63c535c.jpg

Rockstar Games has given a release date to the upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2; October 26, 2018. Though the game is still slated to launch in 2018, this marks a second delay for the title, as it was supposed to launch in the Spring of this year, or originally, in Fall 2017. Rockstar Games' blog stated that Red Dead Redemption 2 needed to be delayed in order to polish the game a bit more before release.

We are excited to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26th 2018. We apologize to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the game out sooner, we require a little extra time for polish.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you get to play the game, you will agree the wait will have been worth it. In the meantime, please check out these screenshots from the game. We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks.

bgrdqedgl85r8ueqd2ti.jpg comynyfksziglgiw0vba.jpg etw1vvwpqfljybiaza6r.jpg

:arrow: Source

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this is also thanks to Far Cry 5. I know that Red dead 2 will blow Far cry 5 out of the water, but you know how the yearly AAA churn can drag away sales from decent games. Just watch the game drop and get update after update for buggy crap like all Rockstar games. They could at least just tell us they ran behind schedule.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Excellent. Better than releasing a broken game fast because of fan demand.
I'm looking at you, EA.
It might still going to be a buggy mess when it comes out. I'm not saying it will be for sure, but the game looks very complicated to build and I'm not surprised that they came across some very serious bugs (rather than "polishing the game") that slowed them down a lot. I think that we could expect some annoying bugs on day-one.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I think this is also thanks to Far Cry 5. I know that Red dead 2 will blow Far cry 5 out of the water, but you know how the yearly AAA churn can drag away sales from decent games. Just watch the game drop and get update after update for buggy crap like all Rockstar games. They could at least just tell us they ran behind schedule.
I'm pretty sure they claimed that the game needs more polish, therefore it was delayed.
Far Cry 5's marketing might not be the case, but maybe i'm wrong.

Last edited by RedoLane,
Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
"Jesus christ guys we really need to hire a writer before this thing gets released, better delay it."

...Just kidding, like Rockstar would ever hire a writer.
Isn't that what unpaid interns are for?

Polopop123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Seems like a trend to delay their games twice but I’m not complaining. If it’s even anywhere near good as GTA V then it’s justified by all means

J-Namikaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Seems like a trend to delay their games twice but I’m not complaining. If it’s even anywhere near good as GTA V then it’s justified by all means
Even of it's not as good as GTA v, it's definitely going to be one hell of a game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If*

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
will be coming round the mountain when its not delayed again.
will be coming round the mountain when its not delayed again.

will be coming round the mountain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool