Recover saves from incomplete system transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Roboman, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Roboman
    OP

Roboman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    So I transfered my brothers Menuhax o3ds to Menuhax n3ds. I chose wireless transfer. The process went fine until the final reboot. It failed the final step because the target system had linked nands -[facepalm]. This was about a week ago. I canceled the transfer on the n3ds and logged into the nnid on it. I formatted the o3ds to use it. I have a emunand backup of the o3ds from before the transfer.
    My brother is really bummed that he lost his saves. Is there any way I can recover them?

2. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    Actual formatting (not tinyformat) deletes everything on the SD card, so no. You could recover Mii Plaza and anything else that saves on NAND, from your backup.

3. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    Actual formatting (not tinyformat) deletes everything on the SD card, so no. You could recover Mii Plaza and anything else that saves on NAND, from your backup.

4. Roboman
    OP

Roboman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    I'm pretty sure the data is on the n3ds microsd, but encrypted for the final format. That never happened though.