Is it possible via any means to transfer the save data of DSiWare from a DSi to 3DS?

Quadrotix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found my old DSi XL from years back and was delighted to see that it still works, and even had a full charge. I was about to do a system transfer to my 3DS, when I noticed it said the save data of the DSiWare would be lost. Is there any homebrew I could use to transfer this save data a different way? It is invaluable to me.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No idea if this is the easiest method:
Copy it with GodMode9i from DSi NAND to SD.

More complex is the NAND image method – backup NAND to SD and open the image with ninfs on the PC.

Maybe somebody else has better ideas.

Good luck!

p.S.
There is really no reason for Nintendo to not transfer the save data. I've always wondered what's the point with that. The transfer app just deletes the DSiWare on the DSi, moves the license server side to the 2|3DS for re-download from eShop. → Classic Nintendo nonsense.

Quadrotix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No idea if this is the easiest method:
Copy it with GodMode9i from DSi NAND to SD.

More complex is the NAND image method – backup NAND to SD and open the image with ninfs on the PC.

Maybe somebody else has better ideas.

Good luck!

p.S.
There is really no reason for Nintendo to not transfer the save data. I've always wondered what's the point with that. The transfer app just deletes the DSiWare on the DSi, moves the license server side to the 2|3DS for re-download from eShop. → Classic Nintendo nonsense.
If I were to copy it to the SD with GodMode9i, could I then import it to the 3DS with GodMode9?

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I were to copy it to the SD with GodMode9i, could I then import it to the 3DS with GodMode9?
Sure. It is named GodMode for a reason.
I've injected DSiWare saves to 3DS before.

Quadrotix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure. It is named GodMode for a reason.
I've injected DSiWare saves to 3DS before.
I've got the DSiWare installed on my 3DS and have backed up the save data from my DSi using GodMode9i. It as backed up as "NOULANGEU_KNDV01_1.pub" and "NOULANGEU_KNDV01_1.bnr".

Checking the save data of the DSiWare title on the 3DS version of GodMode9, its save data appears as "banner.sav" and "public.sav". Do I need to convert my save files somehow?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto