Homebrew Recommend me a DS Flash Card!

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
godsakes said:
supercard has done me well, even my 1st card the supercard lite is still supported, i'm using a supercard one now and it has all the features you'd care about like real time saves.

the only downside is the bad english on their website, but that's just nicpicking
Yeh my mate has a Supercard and I liked it. So yeah also another choice but is a tad more expensive than the AK2. Basically you should look at the different options and their features and weigh them up to your own personal needs and decide what you feel best suits you. Personal research is your best friend in this regard, but then again you can be like me and try a bunch anyway when you see them cheap.

And as for the websites they are all generally covered in bad english but the AceKard website is pretty good and the DSTT website is readable at least, I do however remember the Supercard website being quite average though. But all in all probably not that important as you really only go there for the loader and firmware updates, and come here for all your info.

Thanks GBATEMP
wink.gif

TodayiSawMyHeroF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sh!fT_23 said:
yetbutno said:
For example in the dstt you have to press select then find soft reset and click it and then press on, for the R4 all you need to do is press "R".
What the hell does that even mean?
I have both a DSTT and an R4 and I have no idea what u are talking about.
If your trying to say DSTT has a difficult soft reset, its just standard R+L+A+B+X+Y.

DSTT = Press "Select"---> Locate "Soft Reset" -----> Press "A" -----> Press "DownKey" ----->Press "On"
R4 = Press "R"

Hopefully that explains it well enough. xP
I know that it isnt hard to do it but still, i just think its nice to be so simple. D:

Well this is just my opinion, the topic starter asked to "recommend" him a flashcart. And thus i did. xP

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Go get a DSTT from DX. It's cheap and works great.

Or you could get a SuperCard DS One like me. The only good thing is that it has updates often. The RTS and RTC are really buggy, it makes them pointless. (You can duel boot the DSTT menu also.)

Hajje

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope I'm not too late

DO NOT GET AN ITOUCH

It is the biggest piece of crap I have ever bought, terrible game compatibility more than half the games I have constantly freeze at the exact same spot every time so I can't complete the game, the MIC does not work at all, anything that uses the MIC such as cooking mama or mario party causes the whole thing to freeze.

The only homebrew i have gotten to work on it so far was moonshell but that still has errors, and apart from that the firmware has only been updated once and iv had terrible customer support asking about why my games aren't working when the ads say 100% compatibility.

Worst part is I bought three, one for me and two for presents for my sisters. I feel like such a bad brother.

So get something else, I think you should get the acekard 2i or whatever it is in case you ever decide to buy a dsi

aNgGaCKt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.anggackt.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have two cards in my possession, one is SuperCard DSOne, and one is Acekard 2.1 . Both of them are good in their own way.

SuperCard DSOne :
+ Moonshell Integrated , which means you don't have to open external moonshell just for viewing dpg movies or listen to mp3, just point to file you want to view, and voila
+ Feature Loaded. Name it, Real Time Save, or the capability to add another save slot. Not so stable tho' , but from time to time i used the RTS features, it doesn't gave me so much hassle and no freeze up until now.
+ Automatic boot
- Menu is exxxxttraaaa sluggish, scrolling from one point to another really gives me headache and took a while before a game is loaded.
- Outdated Moonshell and some engrish to boot
- Pricey

Acekard 2.1 + AKAIO (New Batch, Green PCB) :
+ Super fast, super beautiful menu
+ Cheap, Sturdy (Glued case, no chip sticking out, only on newest batch), not as sturdy as DSOne tho'
+ Capability to play mp3 and dsm (Better quality than dpg, but the output file is extra huge)
+ Integrated EZ-Flash 3in1 compatibility
- Moonshell is not integrated (but who cares? i prefer dsm rather than dpg :/ )
- Activating cheat is a hassle (CMIIW, i bought this card yesterday, so...yeah... )
- No RTS, No Automatic Boot (Again CMIIW)

So it is really up to your preference which one you will choose, and i am sure there are other alternative out there such as CycloDS, EDGE, DSTT which is as good as those cards i mentioned above.

One source that will help you to choose is.... ofcourse... gbatemp review page
tongue.gif
. From the review, i guess the big 5 is (Alphabetical Order) : Acekard 2.1, CycloDS, DSTT, EDGE, SuperCard DSOne

Hope this will help and sorry for my broken English ^^;

One little note : For DSi, as far as i know, there are only two options available now, AceKard and DSTT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @SylverReZ youtube to mp3 some are still good, usefull when the official music video has better audio than the music in th ecd
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wifi 7 routers are already out
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    and i'm still here on wifi 5
    all my stuff is wired anyway
    what annoys me is my server has 2.5g but i have nothing else that does
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it