Homebrew Recommend me a DS Flash Card!

Doublecast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago, I purchased a 2 MB Fire Card for my NDS after a regrettable amount of research. I figured cost was quality.

Flash (hah!) forward to now. I realized this with my Pokemon Platinum problem. Unable to use cheats, emulate GBA games, compatibility problems, poor construction, and shoddy workmanship made me realize that I desperately need a new card to replace this garbage. I want to be able to play Mother 3 on the go. I want to be able to save platinum. I don't want FMVs crashing me. I want to be able to use codes like AR.

Can anyone give me a recommendation of a flash card that isn't a shitty N-card clone?

D

Deleted User

They all have pretty much the same features these days but I would recommend the iTouchDS. It's cheap and it works great.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sigh...there are so MANY threads like this I'm getting tired of this...just read the reviews and find the thing that suits you most,My suggestion(and most likely others)would be buying a CycloDS,Acekard 2,SupercardDS 1 or 2 or whatever gets?just read the reviews

Shivers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not ordered mines yet but I personally just read all the reviews from this site and then decided upon the Cyclo DS.

Nayr Rosfar

White Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenDev said:
They all have pretty much the same features these days but I would recommend the iTouchDS. It's cheap and it works great.

Amen

QUOTE(Shivers @ Dec 23 2008, 08:44 PM) I've not ordered mines yet but I personally just read all the reviews from this site and then decided upon the Cyclo DS.

The CycloDS is a good cart but is horribly overpriced.

The iTouchDS has all the features necessary to make a great cart and its at a great price.

ricky23i

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doublecast said:
A few months ago, I purchased a 2 MB Fire Card for my NDS after a regrettable amount of research. I figured cost was quality.

Flash (hah!) forward to now. I realized this with my Pokemon Platinum problem. Unable to use cheats, emulate GBA games, compatibility problems, poor construction, and shoddy workmanship made me realize that I desperately need a new card to replace this garbage. I want to be able to play Mother 3 on the go. I want to be able to save platinum. I don't want FMVs crashing me. I want to be able to use codes like AR.

Can anyone give me a recommendation of a flash card that isn't a shitty N-card clone?
i say wait for a m3i real lol or buy a m3 real

Doublecast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know this question must be obnoxious for you guys, but I wasn't sure where to go. Thanks though. Could you point to some reviews that aren't "TRIPLE STAR MUST BUY PRODUCT". I want actual objective information.

CycloDS seems to be the most recommended, what does it have that iTouchDS doesn't?

naveedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3 real or itouchds (just make sure you get the sakura firmware!!!)

Other notable cards are:
Cyclo DS
Acekard
Edge
DSTT(Cheap cheap cheap cheap!!!!)
ez flash V

I donno almost an card you get that got a gold or silver award in the reviews on this website will more than satisfy your needs. people are really picky, but in my honest opinion, i think if you get any card that got a gold or silver award, they all have basically the same features but just different interface/gui. Minus a few minor features, in game text reader/rts ect.

THey are all the same minus a few minor features if you get a gold or silver awarded card.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Doublecast said:
Yeah, I know this question must be obnoxious for you guys, but I wasn't sure where to go. Thanks though. Could you point to some reviews that aren't "TRIPLE STAR MUST BUY PRODUCT". I want actual objective information.

CycloDS seems to be the most recommended, what does it have that iTouchDS doesn't?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=99

QUOTEemulate GBA games

No slot-1 card can emulate GBA games, by the way.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doublecast said:
Unable to use cheats, emulate GBA games, compatibility problems, poor construction, and shoddy workmanship made me realize that I desperately need a new card to replace this garbage. I want to be able to play Mother 3 on the go. I want to be able to save platinum. I don't want FMVs crashing me. I want to be able to use codes like AR.

Slot 1 cards can't emulate GBA games.
If you want GBA games, buy the slot-2 EZ Flash 3-in-1.
And a CycloDS.

xultimate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3real + M3gba expansion pack and make sure to use a Sakura firmware if you want a GUI that capable of best playing music and video than moonshell and then you can save more and more skin. 10/10

Big Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want low cost get the acekard 2 or edge and an EZ 3 in 1(for gba games). Or you could just have a regular slot 2 without a slot 1. I think that they play nds games as well as gba.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.