Rebel Assault 2 bin, work on Vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by MrMrMr, Jul 17, 2019.

1. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    I have PS1 Rebel Assault 2 but they are 2 *.bin files (disk 1 and 2). Is there a way to get these working with my Vita and SD2Vita card?

Other files are ISO so not sure. Also I presume there is a disk swap sometime, how do you do this?

Thanks

2. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Well, eventually found how to and got working, using PSX2PSP.

However I'm still stuck on changing discs. I've unlocked all chapters, held down PS button and brought up official settings (as playing via adrenaline), and there is no option to "change/swap discs".

Messed for ages but can't see how to, is there a way? If I start the 2nd disc directly it loads but then asks to insert disc 1.

Anyone help please, I want to play all the chapters.

Thanks

3. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    just tap the PS button

4. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    I have but in the menu that opens there is no "change disc". Just controller, screen settings etc.

5. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    ok sorry, hold down the PS button, then in adrenaline main settings press X on 'open official setting's, switch discs is the first option there I have just tested on Final Fantasy VII save I have

6. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Tried that as well and there isn't one there. Not sure if it's specific to this game or not, I did see a YouTube with FF on and seen that video but isn't on this game frustratingly

7. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    Have another game and holding down PS button can see the change disk in menu, it's not in Rebel assault though.

So does this mean can only play first disk? Anyone else have this game can help please?

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    From what I recall, some games simply don't like the Switch Disc option. It's very possible that Rebel Assault is simply one of those games.

At best, you could see if the game runs well on the PCSX-r Retroarch core and use that to play the game correctly with the original .bin files you had. You should be able to pull the save file from the memory card file the PSP uses and convert it to work with PCSX-r.

9. MrMrMr
    OP

MrMrMr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2010
    United States
    I'll look up that thanks, haven't used tool a long time to get all this running!

The save file I'm not too bothered on, as there is a password that unlocks all levels, that's how I was trying to switch discs.

Feel free to try and get working for me if want with the game ;)