Gaming Rebel Assault 2 bin, work on Vita?

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have PS1 Rebel Assault 2 but they are 2 *.bin files (disk 1 and 2). Is there a way to get these working with my Vita and SD2Vita card?

Other files are ISO so not sure. Also I presume there is a disk swap sometime, how do you do this?

Thanks

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, eventually found how to and got working, using PSX2PSP.

However I'm still stuck on changing discs. I've unlocked all chapters, held down PS button and brought up official settings (as playing via adrenaline), and there is no option to "change/swap discs".

Messed for ages but can't see how to, is there a way? If I start the 2nd disc directly it loads but then asks to insert disc 1.

Anyone help please, I want to play all the chapters.

Thanks

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok sorry, hold down the PS button, then in adrenaline main settings press X on 'open official setting's, switch discs is the first option there I have just tested on Final Fantasy VII save I have

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok sorry, hold down the PS button, then in adrenaline main settings press X on 'open official setting's, switch discs is the first option there I have just tested on Final Fantasy VII save I have

Tried that as well and there isn't one there. Not sure if it's specific to this game or not, I did see a YouTube with FF on and seen that video but isn't on this game frustratingly

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have another game and holding down PS button can see the change disk in menu, it's not in Rebel assault though.

So does this mean can only play first disk? Anyone else have this game can help please?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
From what I recall, some games simply don't like the Switch Disc option. It's very possible that Rebel Assault is simply one of those games.

At best, you could see if the game runs well on the PCSX-r Retroarch core and use that to play the game correctly with the original .bin files you had. You should be able to pull the save file from the memory card file the PSP uses and convert it to work with PCSX-r.

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll look up that thanks, haven't used tool a long time to get all this running!

The save file I'm not too bothered on, as there is a password that unlocks all levels, that's how I was trying to switch discs.

Feel free to try and get working for me if want with the game ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1