Reballing machine temperature setup.. Ps3 gpu rebailling?!?

Danook28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
What is the temperature that can use to remove pgu or cpu from motherboard...

is this tool can use on heat gun tool machine or must the reballing machine.. To work fine safe..

Thank you..

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is likely something you need to determine experimentally. You can probably get some idea from other BGA devices as to what sorts of ranges work for this if you don't have a stack of PS3 boards to try it out on.

We don't know what machine you have
We don't know how it is calibrated on the temperature front (is it temperature at the tip, at a distance of 500mm...) or whether the probe it uses is any good.
I don't know if the PS3 varies in CPU or GPU thickness between different models which means different times heating.
I don't know what you have done for pre heating (most will suggest you pre heat the board before playing with IR reballing stations).
I don't know what you are doing for shielding the surrounding components, and indeed if they are a few passives if you don't mind replacing/reflowing then that might be a tradeoff.
I don't know what you are doing for flux here -- that could conduct heat better and prevent certain issues.

I imagine it uses nasty lead free solder so you have that to consider (lead free tending to be higher temperature). Something to keep in mind if you reball it with nice leaded solder balls and need to redo it later as well.
Lower temperatures mean longer times but also more risk the heat will spread. Too low or too short or too slow grabbing it after you turn the heat off and you might rip off BGA pads as well which is no fun at all to try to fix.
Higher temperatures mean shorter times but also more risk you burn something nearby or under it, to say nothing of most components only have a few times they can be cooked before they fail in odd ways.

https://www.petervis.com/Education/...ectronics_Students/Soldering_Temperature.html has some temperatures for known solder types, but you would probably want to go a bit higher to account for losses going through the chip itself and so it does not immediately refreeze after you reach in with the pincers/suction cup.

Danook28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
I have reballing soldering ball.. I have heat gun and the machine.. I have also the gpu cpu reballing steel chip.. I can add all photo to what i have... The thing i want to know what is the best tool or machine can i have...

Danook28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
I have a base CPU GPU build and metal canons for building balls and this tool is for image and flux tinfoil tape.

I have ps3 fat I also have capacitors 470 330 that I bought because of the yellow light. When I thought about the device, I saw a single lead ball.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries