1. XDeltaone

OP XDeltaone Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Isn't it possible to develop it further because I think the WII U has the power to do it.

2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    It would be but there is a severe lack of developers working on stuff for the WiiU. Due to it being a complete failure.

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. Jayinem81

Jayinem81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    In 3 years Switch already out sold Wii U's entire lifespan by about 4x, all you need to know.

4. XDeltaone

Newcomer

Germany
    That explains a lot, I think it's a shame

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes the switch is good too, but I personally think that the WII U deserves more love.

5. Jayinem81

United States
    I have a Wii U and a Switch but it doesn't really matter if me or you think Wii U is great or deserves more. Devs are usually going to go where a majority are and even if it's prime Wii U was not where it's at, especially not 3 years after it ended.

I would prefer PPSSPP on Switch anyway because you can make individual forwarders for each game on the main menu. Sort of like the WiiVC Injector for PSP.

6. XDeltaone

Newcomer

Germany
    Okay, but now and then you could do something

7. Jayinem81

United States
    What?

DarkFlare69 likes this.
  8. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    It's also slightly more powerful and it's also mobile, so there's really no reason for it to be worked on for the Wii U at all in 2020.

9. Jayinem81

United States
    You're the one asking for something not me. You want a great PSP emulator on Wii U make it yourself, idiot.

10. XDeltaone

Newcomer

Germany
    It doesn't matter, there will never be anything left for the WII U.

11. Jayinem81

United States
    Get a Switch or stop crying the party is over for Wii U, has been for 3 years.

XDeltaone likes this.
  12. XDeltaone

Newcomer

Germany
    Okay I'm buy a Nintendo Switch and I'm selling the WII U because i don't need it anymore. thanks for your support!

13. ghostbit

ghostbit Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The Wii U had more features than the Switch, so there's that.

XDeltaone likes this.
  14. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    What features are you talking about specifically?

15. ghostbit

ghostbit Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just off the top of my head, ability for gamepad and tv to display separate inputs is the obvious one, online without charging for it, an entire unique social network, a web browser.... plus some of the more offbeat former services like tvii and wiiu chat (maybe switch has a video chat feature, dont know but I doubt it)

Wii U was a really unique and experimental system kneecapped by terrible marketing and not much third party support. It's a shame it did so badly, I consider it the best-designed Nintendo system since the SNES. Switch isn't necessarily bad, but they definitely decided to play it safe after things went so badly for the U. It's basically just a high-powered handheld, really.

Chainhunter and XDeltaone like this.
  16. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It is a shame that the Wii U was a commercial failure and consequently that the hacking scene is considerably less active than the Switch is, or the 3DS and Wii were. Shame, cuz the Wii U has some unique stuff to offer the hacking scene. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, something I'd love to see accomplished in the Wii U scene that really couldn't be recreated elsewhere (at least not in this great of a way) would be having 2 GBAs emulated at the same time, one on the TV and one on the Gamepad, and then have them able to link up so that those great GBA multiplayer experiences that go largely unrealized today could be enjoyed once again.

XDeltaone likes this.
  17. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yeah I agree these are unique features, but in the end most of these features don't add much value or purpose to the system. The separate displays on TV/gamepad was poorly used by almost every developer.. even Nintendo themselves. That would have been a nice feature if devs used it properly. Video chat was a good feature, I actually used it when I was younger. Sadly no camera on the Switch, and no way to even do a normal voice call. Web browser was removed on Switch for obvious reasons, Nintendo accepted the fact that they can't develop a web browser without people exploiting it time and time again. Would have been nice to have one on the Switch.

Overall, both consoles are good and marketing is the reason the Wii U never took off. In 2020 though, the Wii U looks much less appealing than Switch for homebrew due to it's less powerful hardware and non-portability.

18. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Mexico
    Don't forget the better Eshop and Netflix.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - developed, question, serious