Hacking Ready to buy a Used Wii U on 5.5.0... Some answers will be appreciated...

vasalpa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone! I am new to the Wii U Hacking community, I just wanted to buy the Wii U and I found a basic used one at a very good price! The only problem is that it is on version 5.5.0 and as I have read there are some exploits being worked right now and no one knows when (and if) they will be released! So, do you think the exploit for 5.5.0 is near or should I try find and buying another one on 5.3.2 or lower? Anwers will be much appreciated!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome. :) If the price is that good that you can't turn it down, and you don't mind being patient for somewhere between a few weeks and a few months, then go for it. If the price difference isn't that much, then it might be worth it just to find a 5.3.2 system. We will know a lot more information about timelines for exploit releases in the next week or two though.

D

Deleted User

Apparently, Hykem is releasing a Christmas exploit for 5.5.0, so I don't know if it's worth getting a new Wii U yet.

vasalpa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Welcome. :) If the price is that good that you can't turn it down, and you don't mind being patient for somewhere between a few weeks and a few months, then go for it. If the price difference isn't that much, then it might be worth it just to find a 5.3.2 system. We will know a lot more information about timelines for exploit releases in the next week or two though.
Thanks a lot for your reply! The price is 170 euros for a week old Wii U Basic Pack+Super Mario Bros U+ Super Luigi U+ Super Smash Bros. From what I have seen it seems like a really good price for an almost new Wii U! I don't mind waiting since these games will keep me busy for a while (and as far as I know we always have the vWii). What is your opinion on the price?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for your reply! The price is 170 euros for a week old Wii U Basic Pack+Super Mario Bros U+ Super Luigi U+ Super Smash Bros. From what I have seen it seems like a really good price for an almost new Wii U! I don't mind waiting since these games will keep me busy for a while (and as far as I know we always have the vWii). What is your opinion on the price?
That is a great price (at least converted to USD lol) for a "new" system! If it were me, I'd jump on it. Like you said, you can play the games until we figure this Christmas IOSU exploit out and see what everyone's options are. Just use TubeHax DNS to make sure you don't update to the next firmware that Nintendo rolls out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1