Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your post still mentions to use FBI instead of dev menu.

"2. Use FBI to install them individually one by one to NAND"
That is correct - Devmenu or BigBlueMenu refuse to overwrite these titles if they already exist, while FBI deletes them first.

Is there really any benefit to unistall them?
It's cleaner (no patched stuff permanently written to NAND). And being unpatched allows a CFW such as AuReiNand to apply patches at runtime, so you can choose from a wider selection of patches or change settings on the fly (e.g. toggle GBA boot animation).

Also, if new features are added to the patches, or a firmware update with newer FIRMs ever comes out, simply updating your CFW would be enough.

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or overwrite the patched firms with the downloaded cias using sysupdater, after having them put in /updates on SD.
Easier

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, reinstalled them back on my O3DS and N3DS this morning with FBI no error. Must be specific builds or something?

I guess its possible I had lost the patch at some point (maybe going A9LH?) and thats what made it work? I really don't know, whatever though, it worked and thats all that matters lol

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to get the gateway bluecard to work on my A9LH emunand (and sysnand i guess, but I mainly want it on my emu) but on it gives me the "an error has occurred" business and I have to power down. If I boot up using firmware90.bin, I can get into the menu on sysnand9, but the game freezes. What can I do? If anything, I just want to have it work on my emu so I can have all my games in one place.

::EDIT:: I also have an R4 card, but Id really like the bluecard because for the r4, I have to like... Jam it in my cardslot for it to go in. I dont like that so much. Im afraid the spring in the system will like break eventually.

Last edited by ceelo,

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
Same here, reinstalled them back on my O3DS and N3DS this morning with FBI no error. Must be specific builds or something?

It did error for me after it tried to install right after deletion. But ran install again and it went fine.

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
If FBI installs them without errors, then that's that, it's done.

Does this work across regions or does a JPN N3DS need another .cia file?
The IDs and versions in the OP are the same for all current USA/EUR/JAP consoles. Only O3DS from CHN/KOR/TWN regions use a different version (check here in that case).

Reactions: emuashui

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed those files in OP, FBI asked me to overwrite them, when trying to install them to my nand, so I did.

My GBA games, and 4 swords dsi game still works. Aren't they supposed to not work, since I don't have the patched version of those files?

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed those files in OP, FBI asked me to overwrite them, when trying to install them to my nand, so I did.

My GBA games, and 4 swords dsi game still works. Aren't they supposed to not work, since I don't have the patched version of those files?

If they are legit games they will work anyway but aurei nand patches the firms in ram now so they do not need to be patched on the nand

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are legit games they will work anyway but aurei nand patches the firms in ram now so they do not need to be patched on the nand
I'm not sure if they're legit games... Was the european version of Doom 2 for the GBA ever released on the eshop? I got the game from that iso site, and they did the prepatching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good afternoon