• Start date
  • Views 1,074,085
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
So using latest Hekate, it says added 10.0 support but i can't boot to stock system using it...any ideas?

Trying to boot stock using fusee-secondary.bin

Last edited by Dave_Chad,

Slothbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I messed my Switch up when accidentally trying to boot the wrong version of Hekate while loading Android. Afterward I did something stupid in grey hekate menu while my SD card could still be read. I click launch and picked one of the settings that brought me into the Hekate menu with gui and graphics. I tried launching my payload and got a blackscreen and that is when my issues really began.

Any I boot into RCM and inject a payload with my Android or CFW SD I get the error:
"Missing lp0 library/minerva/no sleep mode library. This isn't my first rodeo I ensured they were in the bootloader folder of my SD root. They're from Hekate 5.1.4. I updated my switch to see if that would help but of course it didn't. While browsing through the grey and white hekate menu I also get a "Warning: Nyx is missing" even though it is in the correct folder on the SD card.

I also get the error
[FatFS] Error: NOFAT
Failed to mount SD...

Now the SD card is Fat32 and can be read on my PC and used without issue. I cannot launch into anything. It cannot print SD info either and when I boot into stock with it the switch sits on the logo until I turn it off and it makes an unpleasant beep.

What the fuck did I do to my switch?

Last edited by Slothbox,

Veroniica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I need some input regarding hekate_ipl.ini and using wildcards (*) for naming with version numbering.

I don't wan't to specify the full version name and change hekate_ipl.ini for each release when I use hbmenu to download the latest version. So, how can I apply wildcard for naming? See example below. The current version name is "hekate_ctcaer_5.1.4.bin". I've tried "hekate_ctcaer_5.*" too (without .bin)

Code:
{------- Tools -------}
[Hekate CTCaer]
payload=hekate_ctcaer_5.*.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_hekate.bmp

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I need some input regarding hekate_ipl.ini and using wildcards (*) for naming with version numbering.

I don't wan't to specify the full version name and change hekate_ipl.ini for each release when I use hbmenu to download the latest version. So, how can I apply wildcard for naming? See example below. The current version name is "hekate_ctcaer_5.1.4.bin". I've tried "hekate_ctcaer_5.*" too (without .bin)

Code:
{------- Tools -------}
[Hekate CTCaer]
payload=hekate_ctcaer_5.*.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_hekate.bmp
Why don't you just rename the newest version to update.bin and copy it in the bootloader folder. Hekate should chainload that if it detects that the update is at a higher version number.

Veroniica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why don't you just rename the newest version to update.bin and copy it in the bootloader folder. Hekate should chainload that if it detects that the update is at a higher version number.
I had hoped to avoid doing anything additional than updating hekate through hb App Store as both ways (update.bin and changing .ini) require changes every time hekate is updated... So, there isn't possible to use wildcards in names as it is only for files in folders? Thanks for letting me know about the update.bin method :)

Last edited by Veroniica,

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had hoped to avoid doing anything additional than updating hekate through hb App Store as both ways (update.bin and changing .ini) require changes every time hekate is updated... So, there isn't possible to use wildcards in names as it is only for files in folders? Thanks for letting me know about the update.bin method :)
If you tried it and it doesn't work I think so, but maybe someone with more knowledge can shed a light on this. For the changing part you maybe already know that there are file explorer apps for the switch, I recommend NX-Shell (specifically this version, V3 is in development atm: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-shel...r-nintendo-switch.505332/page-33#post-9004814 ). Alternatively there is N-Xplorer with that one you even can change the content of ini files.

Reactions: Veroniica

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hekate - CTCaer mod v5.2.0 & Nyx v0.9.0

New in this version
  • Updated, improved and faster SDMMC driver
    Faster and proper than before
    Full error checking
    Reinits to lower bus speed if failure
    Supports 1-bit mode (you will get a warning in Nyx if that's the case)

• Updated Display Interface driver
    Initializes based on display panel
    Checks if already initialized and deinits first
    Adds Window D and Cursor Window support

• Add boot time emuMMC selection
    Using the emupath key in a boot entry will load the selected emuMMC.
    This can also be forced by using the correct boot cfg storage bit and writing the path at the emummc path offset. Check readme for these.
    The format is: emupath=emuMMC/RAW1, emupath=emuMMC/SD00, etc.
    (ONLY works with ones created by hekate, as it depends on the raw_based/file_based files that have emuMMC info).

• Check for HOS FS supporting SD card format
    It disallows booting if SD card is exFAT and FS is the FAT32 only variant

• Add emummcforce key
    Force emuMMC and disallows booting if emummc.ini is not found or emuMMC is disabled

• Add exosphere.ini parsing and CAL0 blanking support
    Users are discouraged to enable that Atmosphere feature, as it is not yet validated as safe because of caching
    exosphere.ini prodinfo keys are parsed during boot and applied automatically.
    Users can choose to override them with cal0blank and cal0writesys hekate ini boot entry keys.
    The value of these (0 or 1) will be applied on top exosphere.ini value and will effectively override it.

• Disallow Auto NOGC in stock
    Users can still force it with kip1patch=nogc
Additional changes:

• Add EKS support
  • Improve KIP1 patching
  • Add Interrupts handler driver
  • New upgraded gpio driver with full configuration support
  • Exception handling that allows your to always continue
  • Fix Minerva emc table corruption
  • Countless other fixes and additions!! Check commit log if you want to learn more.
emuMMC
  • File based now uses FastFS with speeds almost as fast as RAW
  • Retries on lower bus speeds if failure and works even in 1-bit mode

Reactions: hippy dave

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hekate v5.2.0 released! Happy second anniversary hekate & thanks CTCaer!
Changelog:
  • Add emummcforce key

Reactions: xabier

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hekate - CTCaer mod v5.2.0 & Nyx v0.9.0

New in
this version

Faster and proper than before
    Full error checking
    Reinits to lower bus speed if failure
    Supports 1-bit mode (you will get a warning in Nyx if that's the case)

Initializes based on display panel
    Checks if already initialized and deinits first
    Adds Window D and Cursor Window support

Using the emupath key in a boot entry will load the selected emuMMC.
    This can also be forced by using the correct boot cfg storage bit and writing the path at the emummc path offset. Check readme for these.
    The format is: emupath=emuMMC/RAW1, emupath=emuMMC/SD00, etc.
    (ONLY works with ones created by hekate, as it depends on the raw_based/file_based files that have emuMMC info).

It disallows booting if SD card is exFAT and FS is the FAT32 only variant

• Add emummcforce key
    Force emuMMC and disallows booting if emummc.ini is not found or emuMMC is disabled

Users are discouraged to enable that Atmosphere feature, as it is not yet validated as safe because of caching
    exosphere.ini prodinfo keys are parsed during boot and applied automatically.
    Users can choose to override them with cal0blank and cal0writesys hekate ini boot entry keys.
    The value of these (0 or 1) will be applied on top exosphere.ini value and will effectively override it.

Users can still force it with kip1patch=nogc
Additional changes:

• Add EKS support
  • Improve KIP1 patching
  • Add Interrupts handler driver
  • New upgraded gpio driver with full configuration support
  • Exception handling that allows your to always continue
  • Fix Minerva emc table corruption
  • Countless other fixes and additions!! Check commit log if you want to learn more.
emuMMC
  • File based now uses FastFS with speeds almost as fast as RAW
  • Retries on lower bus speeds if failure and works even in 1-bit mode

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I just came across this "red atmosphere powered by ipl hekate" splash boot screen and it look great! Anyone here having this background.bmp and not mind sharing ? thanks in advance.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 229

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@linuxares
Since this new update is massive (so many new features like partition manager and so on) it's absolutely worth a gbatemp news, don't u think? Maybe u could do it or forward it to someone else.
At least it's hekate's two year celebration.
Did that yesterday before I went to sleep. But I'm not magstaff so I don't really control the frontpage news. But I do agree with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof