Hacking RB2 Customs - Proof of Concept

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah!!! Go Customs!!!

I think is better work on RAWKSD that discuss on the GH:WT issue...

Dont waste your energy on them, Mrkinator
tongue.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kid sampson said:
With hope, one-up will release RB2 DLC sometime this weekend and provide a way for customs...
lol, hope that was a joke, that won't help customs at all, same with the release of the GHWT dlc
rofl.gif

QUOTE(ExLex @ Jun 18 2009, 12:59 PM) Yeah!!! Go Customs!!!
I think is better work on RAWKSD that discuss on the GH:WT issue...
Dont waste your energy on them, Mrkinator
tongue.gif
Yeah! Go Exports as well! I'm not anymore, next DLC thread I'll keep my nose out >.>

BTW, new video is coming out soon. I'm hoping to get my capture card today, so we will play a custom and/or an export online.

CapitalQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccfman2004 said:
The Guitar Hero Drums charts also feature a 4-note Rock Band Compatible chart for people who wanted to use their Rock Band Drum Set instead. No conversion is needed.
Aren't those charts only in the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions? I know "World Tour" for Wii isn't Rock Band drums compatible.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CapitalQ said:
ccfman2004 said:
The Guitar Hero Drums charts also feature a 4-note Rock Band Compatible chart for people who wanted to use their Rock Band Drum Set instead. No conversion is needed.
Aren't those charts only in the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions? I know "World Tour" for Wii isn't Rock Band drums compatible.
Yeah, your right. I'll look into which pad they take off the chart.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not played it on 360 with RB drums but from what I have seen, they just combine the Orange with the Blue

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be cool if the exporter allowed you to export GH:SH songs. Technically most of the songs on there were originally charted by Harmonics. I dunno I just haven't been able to go back to GHWT after RB2 came out. At least I can finally export RB1 when this come out. Also for whatever reason I prefer the RB2 drum set to the broken cymbals of the GHWT drum set. I haven't really had much time to play RB lately but I think custom songs will get me interested again. I know exporting GH songs isn't the goal but it still would be interesting to explore down the road.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got bored, so did a quick Q & A for this...

Can I pirate DLC?
No.

What is this?
It is a tool that will allow you to play custom songs on an unmodified Wii using Rock Band 2 and an SD Card 2 Gigabytes or less (or 4 Gigs if it is non-SDHC).

What about Rock Band 1?
There is an import option in the installer that will search for .ARK files to extract from, it may even eventually search ISOs.

Track Packs?
Yes, those will work too.

Do they work online?
Yes. Now you can finally have the "true" Rock Band experience while playing customs.

Something's got to give.
While there are some issues here and there that I've noticed, for the most part, there are NO catches. It works great.

"Some issues?"
Yes, the camera is static for the whole song (meaning it is at the same angle). This means that you will either see the entire band or one member for the entire song. Whammying will also not provide you with a different guitar sound (although you expected that, right?)

How long will it take?
The PC installer will vary depending on your hardware and the length of the song (because we know you all are clamoring to put Stairway to Heaven in...), but from what I've noticed the Wii installer runs very quickly (and also has a really nice GUI).

How much space do the RB1 songs take?
1.01 GB on an SD Card.

Aww, I can't dump the disc.
I think (aka 99% sure) Aaron is working on a tool to extract the .ARK to the SD Card from the disc itself, using the Wii.

This sucks, I'm going to go to GH3 to play custom GH songs.
Guess what? Those songs will work with RawkSD. So get away from the name brand and come and play the game.

What about GHWT songs?
Oddly enough, the option is there, but because of file formats and such, I doubt it will do anything for a while.

Holy crap, why are there so many solo sections in this when there shouldn't be solo sections?
You are using a GH mid. Star Power sections in GH are recognized as solo sections in RB.

Release date?
When it's ready...
wink.gif

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
SFenton said:
"Some issues?"
Yes, the camera is static for the whole song (meaning it is at the same angle). This means that you will either see the entire band or one member for the entire song. Whammying will also not provide you with a different guitar sound (although you expected that, right?)

You're talking about customs, right?
Whammy bar will work in imported songs (from RB and track packs) and so will overdrive do? I'm not using the same method as you do to import tracks from RB but everything works just fine for me so I assume this will also work in RawkSD...

Rock Band

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heathcliff said:
SFenton said:
"Some issues?"

You're talking about customs, right?
Whammy bar will work in imported songs (from RB and track packs) and so will overdrive do? I'm not using the same method as you do to import tracks from RB but everything works just fine for me so I assume this will also work in RawkSD...
If the camera has to be static, would we be able to choose where it's at? I'd love a way to make it so that I can always see what the drummer is doing and what cymbals he's hitting since they aren't charted. Sometimes I can see this whenever the camera pans back to them but if it was there for the whole song, that'd be awesome.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For customs, unless you've charted something for the drummer to play he won't do anything (besides spin annoyingly on his stool with the sticks in the air). In other words setting the camera to watch him would only show you the notes that you wrote yourself for the custom, not the actual drum track in the audio.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nano351 said:
What's the limit on length/size of a song?

I would guess at whatever the free space is on your Wii's internal memory as this is where a song is temporarily stored while it is being played.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on first page!!!

Wow, you are in testing stage that is awesome. We are few steps for enjoy...
biggrin.gif

( ) ???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.