Hacking RB2 Customs - Proof of Concept

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
nomar5555 said:
yes but my question is weather or not you would have to overwrite a DLC song i purchased with a custom track or RB1 track

Are you incapable of literacy?

It was stated like a page ago that they will NOT overwrite DLC songs because that would screw up the leaderboards.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
It would be nice for some reasons, I agree. But we really don't need it for customs, and that's enough for me. Just turn all the audio tracks down except drums and play on No Fail on vocals
tongue.gif

There is no option like that, at least non that I can find.

Also, I have purchased so many songs for the xbox 360 version and I would like to be able to take the newer ones, fool around with them and use them in the Wii version, if possible.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
ccfman2004 said:
AerialX said:
It would be nice for some reasons, I agree. But we really don't need it for customs, and that's enough for me. Just turn all the audio tracks down except drums and play on No Fail on vocals
tongue.gif

Also, I have purchased so many songs for the xbox 360 version and I would like to be able to take the newer ones, fool around with them and use them in the Wii version, if possible.

It's a cheat; you have to activate it.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
ccfman2004 said:
AerialX said:
tongue.gif

It's a cheat; you have to activate it.

Please explain how to activate it.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
AerialX said:
caitsith2 said:
Awesome work with the customs. At least there isn't a need to specifically reverse engineer the bink file encryption to continue, although info on how they work, would be nice.
Might be nice, but at this point it would only serve to piss Harmonix off in my opinion, with the whole artists-don't-want-their-masters-stolen issue and all. My personal goal is to make DLC customs happen without giving them any reason to really care about fighting us... Use our own title so they don't interfere with existing DLC (and subsequently fuck up leaderboards), don't bother reversing the biks and just be happy that we can inject audio, etc. That and don't let DLC piracy become available, though someone else could make that happen if they wanted to (like you?
tongue.gif
).

I don't intend to enable piracy myself. If it matters, there is precisely one more slot in title ID 00010005735A4145 to store a custom song. harmonix has moved on to use title ID 00010005735A4245 now, for the rest of the releases. I am btw still doing "predictions" of next week. Only, last week, I couldn't because I needed to purchase one song from the new title ID in order to get the ticket, and thus the title key to decrypt contents downloaded from Nintendo's Content Distribution Network.

I have never attempted to install any content not legitimately purchased, but have used the locally downloaded copies to speed up install of content I do actually purchase by a factor of 4 or more. (1 mbit/s connection, 4-5 mbit/s local transmission speed, if I point the cdn urls to a computer on the local network.)

If you have been to the gamefaqs rockband 2 message board, chances are, you have seen my file number postings. That is 100% me downloading and decrypting the content, to find out what songs have been put up. I predict that this 2 weeks worth will only go on until the back catalog is caught up.

If you are wondering, content ID 509 and 510 is space to store that one song into sZAE, without tying up any real songs.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope this isnt too much to ask, but could you try shooting for kansas' "carry on wayward son", some good aerosmith songs, and also some good armageddon tracks? TIA

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
caitsith2 said:
AerialX said:
caitsith2 said:
Awesome work with the customs. At least there isn't a need to specifically reverse engineer the bink file encryption to continue, although info on how they work, would be nice.Might be nice, but at this point it would only serve to piss Harmonix off in my opinion, with the whole artists-don't-want-their-masters-stolen issue and all. My personal goal is to make DLC customs happen without giving them any reason to really care about fighting us... Use our own title so they don't interfere with existing DLC (and subsequently fuck up leaderboards), don't bother reversing the biks and just be happy that we can inject audio, etc. That and don't let DLC piracy become available, though someone else could make that happen if they wanted to (like you?
tongue.gif
).

I don't intend to enable piracy myself. If it matters, there is precisely one more slot in title ID 00010005735A4145 to store a custom song. harmonix has moved on to use title ID 00010005735A4245 now, for the rest of the releases. I am btw still doing "predictions" of next week. Only, last week, I couldn't because I needed to purchase one song from the new title ID in order to get the ticket, and thus the title key to decrypt contents downloaded from Nintendo's Content Distribution Network.

If you have been to the gamefaqs rockband 2 message board, chances are, you have seen my file number postings. That is 100% me downloading and decrypting the content, to find out what songs have been put up. I predict that this 2 weeks worth will only go on until the back catalog is caught up.

If you are wondering, content ID 509 and 510 is space to store that one song into sZAE, without tying up any real songs.
Yeah, I've seen your predictions and even made a script of my own to do it. I noticed that last week they didn't have the new songs up in advance until the last day or so (I was wondering if it was a way to combat your predictions
tongue.gif
), though this week I saw the songs in sZBE appear on Thursday or Friday (couldn't see what they actually were for the same reason as you, of course).

I have never attempted to install any content not legitimately purchased, but have used the locally downloaded copies to speed up install of content I do actually purchase by a factor of 4 or more. (1 mbit/s connection, 4-5 mbit/s local transmission speed, if I point the cdn urls to a computer on the local network.)
Hah, that's an interesting way to do it.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wiimanizer said:
i hope this isnt too much to ask, but could you try shooting for kansas' "carry on wayward son", some good aerosmith songs, and also some good armageddon tracks? TIA
Like zapu said, Kansas is in RB2. As for these songs, were not making any. The tools are being developed so you can find customs on the web or you can make them yourself.

There are tools so if you guys want to make some custom songs BEFORE we release the tools. Its called feedBack and it should be on scorehero, there is tutorials there as well. To test out your song before we release tools, why not use the RB1 customs guide or if you don't own RB1, use Frets on Fire
smile.gif

Anyone needs links for the things I posted above, I will.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
AerialX said:
Yeah, I've seen your predictions and even made a script of my own to do it. I noticed that last week they didn't have the new songs up in advance until the last day or so (I was wondering if it was a way to combat your predictions
tongue.gif
), though this week I saw the songs in sZBE appear on Thursday or Friday (couldn't see what they actually were for the same reason as you, of course).

Any possibility that I could get that script? Its output is quite nice.

AerialX said:
QUOTEI have never attempted to install any content not legitimately purchased, but have used the locally downloaded copies to speed up install of content I do actually purchase by a factor of 4 or more. (1 mbit/s connection, 4-5 mbit/s local transmission speed, if I point the cdn urls to a computer on the local network.)
Hah, that's an interesting way to do it.
This method works for only purchased content, because the tmd is not fetched from the locally mirrored content distribution network, but rather, from somewhere else. Having a Nintendo Wifi connector does have its advantage, since the windows machine acts as the first dns server, via its hosts file.

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Where did the background animations come from in the Enter Sandman video? Does the game generate them from the charts, or was there animation data on the RB1 disc for some reason?

Also, do you plan to make RB1 disc songs available? Or at least is the tool you're developing going to make them fairly easy to use? That would be amazing, since the Wii version can't import songs.
biggrin.gif

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robotic Earthling said:
Where did the background animations come from in the Enter Sandman video? Does the game generate them from the charts, or was there animation data on the RB1 disc for some reason?

Also, do you plan to make RB1 disc songs available? Or at least is the tool you're developing going to make them fairly easy to use? That would be amazing, since the Wii version can't import songs.
biggrin.gif

The RB1 Midi files which contain the animation info for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are almost identical to the Wii version, except for the symbol in certain vocal phrases.

This makes me believe that the animation data is there in the Wii version of RB1, but it is not used as it uses pre-recorded video for each song. This is the reason there is no Character Creator.

In the wii version of RB2, however, does not use pre-recorded video as this would make the DLC way too large to fit on the Wii.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Mrkinator said:
wiimanizer said:
Like zapu said, Kansas is in RB2. As for these songs, were not making any. The tools are being developed so you can find customs on the web or you can make them yourself.

There are tools so if you guys want to make some custom songs BEFORE we release the tools. Its called feedBack and it should be on scorehero, there is tutorials there as well. To test out your song before we release tools, why not use the RB1 customs guide or if you don't own RB1, use Frets on Fire
smile.gif

Anyone needs links for the things I posted above, I will.

Psst.. don't tell them about frets on fire.

PM me if you're wondering why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye