Razer announces gaming-focused "Razer Phone" announcement, benchmark reveals specs

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Razer is an american company who specializes in gaming computers and accessoires. Since earlier this year, it has been rumored that the company wants a piece of the smartphone market after buying off smartphone maker Nextbit. Past Wednesday the firm announced it will have a "huge" announcement ready for the first day of November. At the same time specifications of a so-called "Razer Phone" have been spotted from a GFXbench benchmark. The specs are attached below for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_1239.JPG
Click to enlarge

Comparisons with existing benchmarks of other flagship phones suggest that Razer's phone performs slightly better. For instance, it reaches 21.4 FPS with the Manhatten benchmark, beating 19 FPS of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and 18.4 FPS of the Google Pixel 2 XL. It should be noted that Benchmark results don't neccessarily reflect the actual day-to-day performance, though.

IMG_1240.JPG
Click to enlarge

About the outer appearance of the phone, no information is known at this point in time. You have to wonder though, could Razer's first attempt at a smartphone perhaps feature a sliding controller like Sony's Xperia Play? Find out next time on Dragonball Z on November 1st.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Razor is an american company who specializes in gaming computers and accessoires. Since earlier this year, it has been rumored that the company wants a piece of the smartphone market after buying off smartphone maker Nextbit. Past Wednesday the firm announced it will have a "huge" announcement ready for the first day of November. At the same time specifications of a so-called "Razor Phone" have been spotted from a GFXbench benchmark. The specs are attached below for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 102586
Click to enlarge

Comparisons with existing benchmarks of other flagship phones suggest that Razor's phone performs slightly better. For instance, it reaches 21.4 FPS with the Manhatten benchmark, beating 19 FPS of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and 18.4 FPS of the Google Pixel 2 XL. It should be noted that Benchmark results don't neccessarily reflect the actual day-to-day performance, though.

View attachment 102590
Click to enlarge

About the outer appearance of the phone, no information is known at this point in time. You have to wonder though, could Razor's first attempt at a smartphone perhaps feature a sliding controller like Sony's Xperia Play? Find out next time on Dragonball Z on November 1st.

:arrow: Source
I'm a huge fan of Razer. So waiting
It's Razer!

Reactions: Tizm

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm a huge fan of Razer. So waiting
It's Razer!

how can one be a HUGE fan of razer products?
the hardware might sometimes be worthwhile or even great, but prices are WAY over the top and the software is basically down right trash. synapse is a fkn trainwreck compared to what logitech offers.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
How many of the gaming concepts Razer was going on and on about was ever actually released? Remember Switchblade? Remember Razer Artemis? I'm not holding my breath for this one.

Reactions: Deleted User

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hardly an expert, but 8 cores and 8GB ram in a phone seems like overkill to me. Are there even any phone games worth playing that use anywhere near that amount?
The only thing I could think of was dolphin, but other than that, not really. Pretty much anything I want to run on my Nexus 6p works fine.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hardly an expert, but 8 cores [...] seems like overkill to me.
You're thinking in terms of PCs, where all cores are equal. In reality, most of the extra cores in ARM are low-power, lower-frequency cores dedicated to background tasks during sleep, etc. Some mobile CPUs might dedicate cores to the GPU too, but honestly I don't follow the mobile scene enough to know what's up anymore.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will it have 400 buttons for my macros?
Cuz apparently buttons = gaming for Razer.

Also do I need to keep my phone connected to the internet to use it?

oh and lets place our bets for the price.
I'm gonna ballpark it at $2500 but that might be a tad generous if Razer keeps it that low for one of their piece of shit products.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM