Razer announces cloud gaming handheld device called the Razer Edge, starts at $400

razererrerer.png

Another Android-based cloud gaming handheld has entered the fray. Following the reveal of Logitech's G Cloud Handheld, Razer has given more details on its previously teased portable device, now called the Razer Edge. It offers a 6.8 inch 144Hz 2400x1080 AMOLED display, with a 3Ghx Snapdragon G3x CPU, and looks like a tablet that is docked into the Razer Kishi Pro V2 controller. Razer is marketing the Edge as a primarily cloud-based gaming handheld, and while it'll initially launch with only a WiFi version, a 5G version will be available, with further details to come at a later date. The WiFi version of the Edge will retail for $399.99, and will launch in early 2023.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Bad quality, like really shitty quality.
With what, though? Been rocking their mice for the past few years and it's a complete 180 from what they were pumping out a decade ago. Not a fan of their audio solutions, but mice and keyboards are top notch. Aside from the price points..

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
With what, though? Been rocking their mice for the past few years and it's a complete 180 from what they were pumping out a decade ago. Not a fan of their audio solutions, but mice and keyboards are top notch. Aside from the price points..
Their mice dies and when you want support, they turn a blind eye.
A for some reason thought "Lets buy one of their keyboards" and it ghosted like no ones business. No firmware patches or driver updates fixed that POS. Bought a Corsair and it worked flawless.

EDIT: So no, I haven't had a pleasant Razor experience.

Reactions: Kioku

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm interested on how it would perform with Switch emulation.
From the looks of it, on raw power alone, the same, mostly?
I'm not really informed about emulators on Android.

But if they have any degree of intelligence, they'll make it compatible with Linux.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Their mice dies and when you want support, they turn a blind eye.
A for some reason thought "Lets buy one of their keyboards" and it ghosted like no ones business. No firmware patches or driver updates fixed that POS. Bought a Corsair and it worked flawless.

EDIT: So no, I haven't had a pleasant Razor experience.
Oh, makes sense. I replace through Best Buy if I have issues. It's funny because I've had worse luck with Corsair. :rofl2:

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, makes sense. I replace through Best Buy if I have issues. It's funny because I've had worse luck with Corsair. :rofl2:
Hehe to each their own. It's like me and MSI. I think MSI hates me. Each time, more or less exactly when the warranty ends. Poof, the product dies. My poor GPU and my poor Motherboard :<

To be fair, I mostly go with Logitech on Keyboard and Mice.

So I stick with Asus mostly of late with those products.

Reactions: Kioku

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A new razer darkstalker, a new flop that will be abandoned. The chip looks good, it's a slightly tuned SD 8gen1, good for emulation, but this cloud marketing will kill it, also this price, 400 dollars for an arm android locked device, with that price you pick a deck that's powerful, x86 and all open software wise.

Reactions: susbaconhairman

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android gaming will never evolve, because it's become the cesspit for singleminded businessmen who want to put the oxygen we breathe behind a lootbox if they could legally get away with it.

It'll also never evolve because everything has to run on the "free carrier phone" for maximum monetization, and phone makers are still selling devices in this current year, that can't even run Pokemon go as an example.

With only garbage tier mobile games and streaming through laggy wireless networks, something like this just cannot compete.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Anyone get the feeling someone (a bunch of someones) just misread the specs for the Steam Deck a year and change ago, that now it's just too late for them to admit it?

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad quality, like really shitty quality.
More bad quality control than outright bad quality. I used a Razer Naga for around 9 years before I started having an issue with right-clicks being doubled. I've been using a Razer Black Widow for about as long and haven't had any issues so far. Their stuff can be good, it's just a total crapshoot.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when people slated sony and its psp go for being digital only.

Now look at these sheep, all these digital only devices are just as bad, yet kids these days are pushing the industry to digital only as they keep supporting all this digital crap.

Throwing money down the drain for content you don't own and they can pull the plug at any time, kiss all that money and content good bye.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts