ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delayed so more people can get it.

I don't see how this isn't acceptable.
I'm fucking stoked. I want to play this on my Vita. It's done now so all you pussypants that are bitching are going to change that now. Can you blame Ubi for wanting to make money? If they don't there's not going to be another Rahman.
You do realize the irritation/anger is (mostly) directed at the Wii U version's delay rather than the ports?

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Delayed so more people can get it.

I don't see how this isn't acceptable.

You're not getting it...
Rayman Legends is probably finished for Wii U now. Why is it just going to be gathering dust, so it can be released simultaneously for PS3/360 in September?
Plus the fact that for (Perhaps most Wii U owners), this was one of the only games to get in the space before Pikmin 3, (Was for me anyway, but considering Lego City/MH3 too)

It's just a slap in the face for Wii U owners, after all the talk of how the system is so great and everything, encouraging fans to get it, to just essentially say it's in the same league as PS3/360, and delay it to release alongside them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why "Fuck You" in the title? Does it bother you guys so much that more people will enjoy the game?

Also, a quote of mine from Gahars's Profile Page:
Foxi4 said:
I expected no less - the PS3 and the 360 have an established fanbase while the WiiU has only just begun establishing its own - obviously a third-party company will go for the sales first and foremost, this "fate" was sealed from the day the game was announced.

People who think this is a bad thing for them directly need to grow up.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
great so not only has scribblenauts unlimited been delayed until further notice in europe but rayman legends has been delayed too, ok game developers, WHAT ELSE am I going to play huh? when you keep on delaying all the games for the wii U, my console is just sitting there as a paper weight with nothing to play on it, what a joke, I am really considering boxing up my wii U console at this point, there is nothing more I can do with it anyway.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why "Fuck You" in the title? Does it bother you guys so much that more people will enjoy the game?

NOOOOO!

People are mad because of the delay. We don't care if other people play it. We're mad because it's this close to launch, so many people were looking forward to it. It got delayed from console launch, and now 3 weeks before launch, it's delayed for 7 months so it can be ported. There's no reason to sit on a finished product for 7 months just to port it. They could do a timed exclusive. But they aren't. That's what we're mad about. As I said, this is great news that it's being ported to other consoles. But it's a retarded decision to say "Naaah... we're gonna delay it for another 7 months so it's released at the same time!"

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
NOOOOO!

People are mad because of the delay. We don't care if other people play it. We're mad because it's this close to launch, so many people were looking forward to it. It got delayed from console launch, and now 3 weeks before launch, it's delayed for 7 months so it can be ported. There's no reason to sit on a finished product for 7 months just to port it. They could do a timed exclusive. But they aren't. That's what we're mad about. As I said, this is great news that it's being ported to other consoles. But it's a retarded decision to say "Naaah... we're gonna delay it for another 7 months so it's released at the same time!"
What makes the WiiU audience more entitled to a release than the PS3 or the 360 audience? What's wrong in wanting to release the three versions at the same time so that nobody feels treated unequally and nobody's placed on a pedestal of sorts? Are you really looking forward to playing that game strongly enough to be upset that it's delayed?

Patience is a virtue.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm with ShadowSoldier on this the whole way through. What kind of a retarded move is it to delay the game at this point?

Ubisoft made more than a few quotes on E3 about supporting nintendo, making Rayman an exclusive, launch title, and more of those things. If I were nintendo, I'd start taking a good look at the paperwork to see if there is ground for sueing.

But even then...this doesn't make sense. First off, there's the release of the demo. It does an awesome job of spreading the word and warming the people. A delay now effectively destroys that whole warm-up. Pretty much all the effort the demo hoped to achieve is gone. Perhaps unless they're releasing a second demo closer to the launch title, but still...I think the majority will still remember.
Second: the second screen. Or rather: that the xbox and PS3 do not have one. The so-called reason to make it a multiplatform game is bullshit, as PS3/xbox360 owners will STILL feel disappointed because they're missing a good chunk of the way the game was intended to be played*.

And third...the timing. What is it...2 weeks before the release date? That's no time to delay a game**. It should be freakin' gold by now. So the "delay" won't be to improve things on the wiiu end. On the contrary: it'll just take some months to make sure the game doesn't feel too crippled when just playing with one screen.

Finally: timing in the different perspective. It's february. What competition does the game has when released now? Pretty much none. It'll be very different in seven months. Christ...with any bad luck, they'll be releasing it on an outdated console.

*of course, unless the xbox720 and PS4 turn out to have an extra screen on the controller. :rolleyes:
**I'm not a Xbox360 or PS3 game, but I'd feel sorry for them if their anticipated game gets delayed this close to launch. And even worse if that delay is to bring it to "my" console.

EDIT: *sigh* since there's some polarisation going on, I'll better include something for the xbox360 and PS3 fanboys.

@other fanboys: here's a hypothetical situation for you:
some hotshot promises you the next installment of the latest franchise for you. It'll be exclusive for the console of your choice (yeeeey! :D ).
Then, a couple weeks before the anticipated date, the thing gets delayed for months because they want to work on some ports that'll be inferior anyway.

Now seriously: you aren't happy about it. And it's not because inferior console X gets to play YOUR game. It's because you anticipated and wanted the game.

That's basically this situation. In normal cases, I'd be very happy if Rayman was to be released on xbox360, PS3, wii, DS, Vita, android, iOS, steam, xbox, PS2, PSX and a freakin' calculator for all I care. I am NOT happy that the current release gets halted for basically no reason whatsoever.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even read that last part of the title. :lol:

It not much that can be done when companies are screwing people and themselves.

It's like Pokemon X and Y being 3 weeks from launch, then boom Nintendo delays it for months because they want to release it on iOS as well.
That would be mess up. :lol:

It's like 3rd party is trying to create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
What makes the WiiU audience more entitled to a release than the PS3 or the 360 audience? What's wrong in wanting to release the three versions at the same time so that nobody feels treated unequally and nobody's placed on a pedestal of sorts? Are you really looking forward to playing that game strongly enough to be upset that it's delayed?

I... I seriously can't believe the logic in this thread.
PS3/360 owners should already feel unequal for one. It was announced for Wii U first right? It was said they weren't releasing on PS3/360 at first right?

There's many reasons why the Wii U audience is more entitled to it first, mainly because the version for Wii U is done...
People bought a Wii U early because of this game perhaps.

Should I be disappointed if a game I was anticipated is delayed? ...You want me to say no? I just don't understand what answer you want. Of course I'd be disappointed.

yagami69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NOOOOO!

yep, ditto this

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What makes the WiiU audience more entitled to a release than the PS3 or the 360 audience?
The fact that Ubisoft has been praising the WiiU and saying that this game is meant for it, and the fact that it's constantly getting delayed. And this time it's delayed for a bullshit reason.
What's wrong in wanting to release the three versions at the same time so that nobody feels treated unequally and nobody's placed on a pedestal of sorts?
What's wrong with doing a timed exclusive? Other companies do it and nobody seems to have a problem at all, but suddenly when it comes to Nintendo, it's a dumb decision?
Are you really looking forward to playing that game strongly enough to be upset that it's delayed?
Yeah I am. Especially for bullshit reasons like this. This reason isn't justifiable at all. It's like Pokemon X and Y being 3 weeks from launch, then boom Nintendo delays it for months because they want to release it on iOS as well.

What Ubisoft should have done is
Option A:
Just release the game on WiiU, keep it as exclusive.

Option B:
Release it on WiiU as timed exclusive, bring out ported versions later on in the year (not in the same fucking month as GTA or close to possible console launches). Somewhere in the Summer would have been perfect as the game would get the most money that way.

Option C:
Release it on WiiU
Release ported versions later with possible new levels or something, or a smaller price tag. Yeah WiiU owners would be upset, but it wouldn't be as bad as what they're doing now.

Patience is a virtue.[/quote]

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I... I seriously cant believe the logic in this thread.
PS3/360 owners should already feel unequal for one. It was announced for Wii U first right? It was said they werent releasing on PS3/360 at first right?
Right, and now they're getting it together with the WiiU's audience.

Theres many reasons why the Wii U audience is more entitled to it first, mainly because the version for Wii U is done...
So what? That reason is contrived and silly - a console's a console - there's no reason as to why all three shouldn't get the game at the same time.

People bought a Wii U early because of this game perhaps.
Sucks. Next time buy a $350 console for things that already exist rather than things that are planned, not set in stone.

Should I be disappointed if a game I was anticipated is delayed? ...You want me to say no?
I want the reasoning behind the disappointment to make sense. It sucks that it's delayed, but heck, more people are getting to play the game.

I just dont understand what answer you want. Of course I'd be disappointed.
I would too, but I'm grown up enough to suck it up and try to understand the logic behind it - they have three platforms they want to release for and they want a simultaneous release so that nobody feels left behind.

The fact that Ubisoft has been praising the WiiU and saying that this game is meant for it, and the fact that it's constantly getting delayed. And this time it's delayed for a bullshit reason.
That's not a good reason, see above.

What's wrong with doing a timed exclusive? Other companies do it and nobody seems to have a problem at all, but suddenly when it comes to Nintendo, it's a dumb decision?
People have always complained about that, you just never noticed.

Yeah I am. Especially for bullshit reasons like this. This reason isn't justifiable at all. It's like Pokemon X and Y being 3 weeks from launch, then boom Nintendo delays it for months because they want to release it on iOS as well.
Entirely justifiable if it gives Nintendo a wider audience.

What Ubisoft should have done is
Option A:
Just release the game on WiiU, keep it as exclusive.
And make less money, ergo Option A is silly.

Option B:
Release it on WiiU as timed exclusive, bring out ported versions later on in the year (not in the same fucking month as GTA or close to possible console launches). Somewhere in the Summer would have been perfect as the game would get the most money that way.
Much more acceptable, albeit would cause fans to whine and that's bad press.

Option C:
Release it on WiiU
Release ported versions later with possible new levels or something, or a smaller price tag. Yeah WiiU owners would be upset, but it wouldn't be as bad as what they're doing now.
Option C requires more work than the option they chose or alternatively gives them less money, in both cases it's silly from Ubi's perspective.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, what a d**k move from Ubi...

I mean most people won`t be mad over this getting to other plattformers but delaying the finish product because of that is beyond me.

In the end Rayman Origins was so good that I have to get Legends but still I think this is really sad and was not to be expected by Ubi, which usually do a very good job as a developer and publisher.

Reactions: jalaneme

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what? That reason is contrived and silly - a console's a console - there's no reason as to why all three shouldn't get the game at the same time.
There isn't. If development wasn't already started on one or something, sure, I'm with you. But the WiiU version is basically done. This was just a last minute decision. That's not right.

I want the reasoning behind the disappointment to make sense. It sucks that it's delayed, but heck, more people are getting to play the game.
Are you having trouble understanding english or something?

I would too, but I'm grown up enough to suck it up and try to understand the logic behind it - they have three platforms they want to release for and they want a simultaneous release so that nobody feels left behind.
The WiiU owners are getting shafted, that's why. Ubisoft goes off about how great the game will be on the WiiU because of gamepad, and that it'll be a launch for the WiiU. It gets delayed a few months.. okay, not that bad. Just gotta polish it up. 2 and a half weeks before launch "yeah, we're delaying it for another 7 months so we can release with other consoles".

That's not a good business decision at all. That's a decision you make to piss off a lot of gamers.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There are many reasons why the Wii U audience is more entitled to it first, mainly because the version for Wii U is done...
Wait. Let me write out this really slow so perhaps you might realize what Shadowsoldier just wrote.

The
WiiU
Version
Is
Already
Done

So yeah...there IS a reason why not all three shouldn't be released at the same time. It's because they're not FINISHED at the same time.

EDIT: damnit....ninja'd by a shadowsoldier. Isnt' this unexpected? :P

Reactions: Wizerzak

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
great so not only has scribblenauts unlimited been delayed until further notice in europe but rayman legends has been delayed too, ok game developers, WHAT ELSE am i going to play huh? when you keep on delaying all the games for the wii U, my console is just sitting there as a paper weight with nothing to play on it, what a joke, I am really considering boxing up my wii U console at this point, there is nothing more I can do with it anyway.

Buys launch console, realises there are no games worth a damn for some time to come, feels justified in complaining despite it being what has happened every time before it....

Edit- as for up against GTA5 didn't the previous rayman do fairly well despite launching against stiff competition?

I can see words to the effect of "bugger, I was looking forward to playing that" but actual anger seems a bit strong. Plenty of things get delayed all the time (see many films delayed for certain windows).

Reactions: Foxi4

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Right, and now they're getting it together with the WiiU's audience.

Sucks. Next time buy a $350 console for things that already exist rather than things that are planned, not set in stone.

You're thinking about things rather simply. Ubisoft are a big company, when they say something and then essentially don't follow what they say, there may be consequences for it and they'll have to come up with a damn good reason why they didn't follow what they said or offer an apology. So far, they haven't offered any apology or really any reason why they delayed the Wii U version, and while you say you want to understand the logic, I really don't see any. Only reasons I can think of is to avoid confusion of consumers, so they wont have to remember its Wii U version out now, PS3/360 later.

Plus, again, you don't get the fact the Wii U version of the game is just sitting on a computer, waiting to be copied to discs, instead of just releasing it now, and working on PS3/360 version to be released later. It's, as I said, just a slap in the face to Wii U owners anticipating it, hyping the game to them, just to screw them over at the end.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The WiiU owners are getting shafted, that's why. Ubisoft goes off about how great the game will be on the WiiU because of gamepad, and that it'll be a launch for the WiiU. It gets delayed a few months.. okay, not that bad. Just gotta polish it up. 2 and a half weeks before launch "yeah, we're delaying it for another 7 months so we can release with other consoles".

That's not a good business decision at all. That's a decision you make to piss off a lot of gamers.
You're thinking about things rather simply. Ubisoft are a big company, when they say something and then essentially dont follow what they say, there may be consequences for it and they'll have to come up with a damn good reason why they didnt follow what they said or offer an appology. So far, they havent offered any appology or really any reason why they delayed the Wii U version, and while you say you want to understand the logic, I really dont see any. Only reasons I can think of is to avoid confusion of consumers, so they wont have to remember its Wii U version out now, PS3/360 later.

Plus, again, you dont get the fact the Wii U version of the game is just sitting on a computer, waiting to be copied to discs, instead of just releasing it now, and working on PS3/360 version to be released later. Its, as I said, just a slap in the face to Wii U owners anticipating it, hyping the game to them, just to screw them over at the end.

So in other words, you admit that it's WiiU Butthurt Syndrome, no more, no less? Alright.

Foxi4 said:

Onwards...

Wait. Let me write out this really slow so perhaps you might realize what Shadowsoldier just wrote.

The
WiiU
Version
Is
Already
Done

So yeah...there IS a reason why not all three shouldn't be released at the same time. It's because they're not FINISHED at the same time.
That means the game isn't ready to be released, simple. Their plan is to release it for all three at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)