Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth port delayed to December

valky.png

Announced as a bonus for owners of the digital deluxe version of the upcoming Valkyrie Elysium was a port of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, an enhanced edition of the classic PlayStation 1 era JRPG. The game was meant to launch alongside Valkyrie Elysium, which is out on September 29th, but has now been delayed by a handful of months to "improve the quality" of the port. Now, the PS4 and PS5 port of the game will release on December 22nd, and will still be a PlayStation exclusive release.

:arrow: Source

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is a download only game, only if you have digital deluxe edition? Just goes to show how much people hate retail games, not to just include it on the disc. Or is just square enix. :ninja:

This sort of thing is getting old. Is too much in fact, the console without disc drives, and that games can't even be played without being installed. All that file size on a disc just to take up 30GB+ data where you'll be replacing your storage from day one or constantly cycling what games you download to play. :blink:

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still getting this on ps4 cause I love the series overall but its just a shame that its not also on the switch
it kinda needs this in its library cause its such a fantastic square series
thank god I got it for PPSSPP on my switch and it runs great and with it upscaled as well to help fill in that void

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is a download only game, only if you have digital deluxe edition? Just goes to show how much people hate retail games, not to just include it on the disc. Or is just square enix. :ninja:
Gaming news sites were saying the Lenneth port would be available to buy separately as well when it was announced. It is Square Enix though, so expect the pricing to be unreasonable.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, its the bad version that is based on the Japanese version missing all the QoL improvement of the English release . . .
At least Badrash isn't censored (The cigarette thats used in his special) but thats about it.
Anyways, dunno why the fuck they are doing this, its really stupid lol

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, its the bad version that is based on the Japanese version missing all the QoL improvement of the English release . . .
At least Badrash isn't censored (The cigarette thats used in his special) but thats about it.
Anyways, dunno why the fuck they are doing this, its really stupid lol
They're most likely releasing it because its story will be relevant to Elysium in some way.
It being based on the PSP version makes sense, since the PS1 version had its own share of problems and very few companies kept the source code for PS1 versions around that they'd use to make this port.
The actual weird part is why it's *just* the PSP version and not the mobile remaster which is the exact same game but with HD videos and character portraits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1