Hacking RawkSD

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just for informative purposes, here's all the instrument enum values followed by the PIDs for wii RB3 (VID is always 0x1BAD for wii instruments). This would include the midi adapter. There's a few "less than" or "greater than" checks in the code, so some enums have a range of acceptable PIDs but I think the actual instruments would only use the lowest bound (also multiple devices are sometimes mapped to the same enum). 8 doesn't seem to be a valid enum, there's also something strange about 2.

[enum : pid]
01: 0x0004, 0x3000-0x3009 (guitar)
02: 0x3010-0x30FF
03: 0x0005, 0x3100-0x310F (drums)
04: 0x3110-0x3137, 0x3139-0x31FF
05: 0x3430-0x352F
06: 0x3530-0x362F
07: 0x3330-0x3337, 0x3339-0x342F (keyboard)
08: unused
09: 0x3338
10: 0x3138

Invalid Ranges: 0x0000-0x0003, 0x0006-0x2FFF, 0x3200-0x332F, 0x3630-0xFFFF

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what I found earlier:
-01/02 are guitar (02 probably supports auto calibration)
-03/04 are drums (04 probably has velocity, probably also MIDI Pro drums).
-05 is Mustang (17 frets)
-06 is MIDI Pro/Squier (22 frets)
-07 is Mad Katz Keyboard
-09 is MIDI Pro Keyboard
-08 isn't anything
-00 is not a supported controller ('cheap' way to make PS3 drums work using Riivolution)
-10 not aware of

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So the MIDI adapter uses different PIDs based on what's connected to it? That's a bit weird.

More info: in RB1 only bytes 0, 1, 2, 5 and 6 of the instrument data are read. RB2 reads bytes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13 and 14. So that's probably where the velocity sensing/cymbal data is. As for RB3... it does the same reading as RB2 then (re)reads all the bytes from 5 to 21. Not really sure what's going on there but I guess the pro devices use those bytes.

RB1 also spits out helpful "USB device connected, type = %d" type messages via fwrite if you know how to hook it, useful if you're trying to fake an instrument with other hardware.

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread....5264&page=2
Apparently for RB2/MIDI drums hit type is with + - H, and velocity is 11-14.
MIDI Pro drums is backwards compatible with RB1.

I only found out the different guitar/keyboard types by RB3's first time use info screens after changing the number for the keyboard or failure/PS drums. I didn't see a MIDI Pro drums screen, maybe my memory for it disappeared.

Inside HDR:
wii_first_time_drum_keep.milo_wii
wii_first_time_guitar_keep.milo_wii
wii_first_time_keyboard_keep.milo_wii
wii_first_time_madcatz_keep.milo_wii
wii_first_time_midi_keep.milo_wii
wii_first_time_squire_keep.milo_wii
wii_first_time_sunburst.milo_wii
wii_first_time_vocals_keep.milo_wii

jlv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Temporal Anomaly Detected
Oh, thats funny.
nyanya.gif
I only just noticed that last night.

On the other-hand, my kids tell me every time I forget to set the clock back to the correct date I mess up their Wii Fit records.

oshawutt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question about getting RawkSD working. A while back I tried using version 2.0. I ran the program itself (not the patcher) and when I tried running custom songs off my SD card an error came up. I then ran the patcher, which went fine, and loaded the program. The "you are a pirate" song was playing this time. I tried loading custom songs anyway, and they showed up in-game, which was better than last time, but wouldn't actually load. Both times I was running the game via a disc.

I'd like to get RawkSD working, but I suspect the problem is the fact that it says I'm a pirate. In all seriousness I'm not sure what makes it think that. I do use a USB loader installed on my Wii, but aside from that I'm not sure what it'd be referring to. I'm willing to take whatever steps are necessary to get the program working, I'm just not sure where to start. The fact that it thought I was a pirate after running the patcher but not before also confuses me. Also, if I want to get the program working again, should I try using 3.04b? From what I've heard the beta expired a while ago and there haven't been any new versions since then.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't waste your time with 2.0, it won't work any more. And the only thing the pirate detection did was play that song, functionality wasn't affected.

A new very short-term beta (featuring support for XBOX360 RB1 drums) is available from here. (Did we mention beta4 already supported PlayStation instruments?)

JMFangio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tueidj said:
(Did we mention beta4 already supported PlayStation instruments?)

I don't believe you did, no
smile.gif
Good to hear.

Any news on the "extra notes" problem in the drum track of most (if not all) GH:WOR imports ? Or is that a problem I'm alone in seeing ?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JMFangio said:
tueidj said:
(Did we mention beta4 already supported PlayStation instruments?)

I don't believe you did, no
smile.gif
Good to hear.

Any news on the "extra notes" problem in the drum track of most (if not all) GH:WOR imports ? Or is that a problem I'm alone in seeing ?

Those drum notes can be blamed on Aaron.

oshawutt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Don't waste your time with 2.0, it won't work any more. And the only thing the pirate detection did was play that song, functionality wasn't affected.

A new very short-term beta (featuring support for XBOX360 RB1 drums) is available from here. (Did we mention beta4 already supported PlayStation instruments?)

What do you mean by, "it won't work anymore"? Does the new version use a different file format for songs or something? The ones I tried were... In RWK format, I believe, and they weren't new so I don't see why they didn't work on version 2. Thanks though, I'll try the new version and see if it works.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am hearing conflicting info, but I am sure I am so far out of the loop and everything is probably triple hearsay

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
I am hearing conflicting info, but I am sure I am so far out of the loop and everything is probably triple hearsay

Aaron said at one point he'd put basic support in b5. There's not too much Aaron around now. Put two and two together real quick.

granberro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Something for those who like to tinker:

I poked around the rb3 wii keyboard a bit and made a test app, just to show what data it sends to the wii. DON'T RUN IT WITH ANY OTHER USB DEVICES CONNECTED TO YOUR WII. Press the A button after it starts, it should dump a lot of USB info then show a row of zeroes which is actually the data being polled from the device and should change as you press buttons on the keyboard.

In theory this should also work with the RB guitar and drums, maybe even pro guitars and midi adaptors. Anybody want to try them out and see if they can decode the info that is displayed?
Hi,

I have tried it with a RB1 guitar adapter, RB1 drums and a midi to RB2 drum box and none of them works. It shows "Unable to open USB device" or something similar.

On the other hand, it worked with a 4 port hub, showing all the USB descriptors.

granberro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Something is wrong with your wii/IOSes; hubs should not be visible to that program as separate devices, they are managed by IOS58 internally. And if it couldn't open any USB devices, your wiimote wouldn't work.

IOS58 was missing, now works fine. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol