Hacking RawkSD

rbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
Grab DOP-Mii and install the latest IOS37 and say yes to all of the patches. This basically does the same thing as the RawkSD patcher, but I've had better luck doing it this way (also, it will download a clean copy of IOS37 from the Nintendo servers and patch that, so it doesn't matter what you already have).
Thanks for the help, this worked like a charm. Wore my fingers out playing last night.
smile.gif

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
titiln said:
Finnulf said:
I have to keep talking myself out of converting my RB collection to my 360 because of the financial overhead - re-investing in all my DLC and having a new instrument collection just isn't a reasonable option.
i've also considered this but i think i'll do it for rock band 3. i get the impression that the dlc handling in rb3 for the wii is going to suck and it still won't have any form of importing.

and considering the whole piracy thing it makes me wonder if rb2's dlc will work at all there

Thinking about this too, i sold my wii and bought a ps3
tongue.gif

(I don't wanna pay for online)
Reasons:
HD Graphics
HDD
Imports
RBN

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
QUOTE said:
And for DLC, isn't there a way that it could check for fakesigned tickets?
yeah, i guess. doesn't the current rawksd check for those to play that pirate song?

and wouldn't it be funny if rawksd3 didn't work at all if it found fakesigned tickets??? HOO BOY IMAGINE THIS THREAD

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titiln said:
QUOTE said:
yeah, i guess. doesn't the current rawksd check for those to play that pirate song?

and wouldn't it be funny if rawksd3 didn't work at all if it found fakesigned tickets??? HOO BOY IMAGINE THIS THREAD
XD This post was just a complete win.

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titiln said:
QUOTE said:

If it did, then I'd have to hear that motherfuckin' pirate song every time I load the program! *Shifty eyes*

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titiln said:
QUOTE said:

Let's force our moral down other people's throats.
I mean; bushing and aerialx are doing it, so it's gotta be right, right?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maurice10 said:
titiln said:
QUOTE said:

Let's force our moral down other people's throats.
I mean; bushing and aerialx are doing it, so it's gotta be right, right?

wut

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is some way of playing DLC Rawk loading an emulated nand?
Can I put the DLC Rawk in a partition fat32 of the HDD and emulate the nand, loading the game from usb?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
francescnogales said:
There is some way of playing DLC Rawk loading an emulated nand?
Can I put the DLC Rawk in a partition fat32 of the HDD and emulate the nand, loading the game from usb?
No. RawkSD customs only function when loaded from the SD, and RawkSD does not work with any method of loading games other than from disc.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, RawkSD has worked with USB loaders (for the game, not the customs) since Hermes v5 came out. However, the customs still have to be on the SD card, and if you are using uLoader and emulated NAND, you have to choose between the songs on the NAND and the ones on the SD, because that's how the game works. Either it loads DLC from NAND or from SD, but not both at the same time. Also you won't get any help from the devs to make it work so don't ask.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I've updated to 4.2E recently, and now my customs don't work (___ is out of date).

I've got the newest version (Website said 2.2, xml says 2.3), I've tried reformatting the SD card (which has worked before, on 4.1) and normal DLC works too.
Launching the game through disc channel, no starfall or whatever those disc-channel hacks were called installed (and again, normal DLC works.)

I can't confirm 100% that rawksd worked with my setup shortly before I updated (Hadn't used it since some time). The version I was using before was 1.0 apparently.
So maybe I installed something that conflicts with something?

There's also the possibility that I am doing something wrong in the installation process. Like, the guide doesn't even mention the "Update SD Save" thing which I think was needed in 1.0 at least.

Any ideas?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Maurice10 said:
I've updated to 4.2E recently, and now my customs don't work (___ is out of date).

QUOTE(qwertymodo @ Jul 10 2010, 03:22 AM) Grab DOP-Mii and install the latest anything below IOS37 v5662 and say yes to all of the patches. This basically does the same thing as the RawkSD patcher, but I've had better luck doing it this way (also, it will download a clean copy of IOS37 from the Nintendo servers and patch that, so it doesn't matter what you already have).

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
Maurice10 said:
QUOTE(qwertymodo @ Jul 10 2010, 03:22 AM) Grab DOP-Mii and install the latest anything below IOS37 v5662 and say yes to all of the patches. This basically does the same thing as the RawkSD patcher, but I've had better luck doing it this way (also, it will download a clean copy of IOS37 from the Nintendo servers and patch that, so it doesn't matter what you already have).

You rawk.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed