Hacking RawkSD

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
(Any donations received will go toward things like my ongoing hosting costs, domain renewals, and such)

Enjoy!

Im gladly donate if u guys give support for usb
rolleyes.gif

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ExLex said:
AerialX said:
(Any donations received will go toward things like my ongoing hosting costs, domain renewals, and such)

Enjoy!

rolleyes.gif

That is not up to the makers of RawkSD. That is up to Waninkoko, the creator of the cIOS.

The issue is with the cIOS, not RawkSD

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccfman2004 said:
ExLex said:
AerialX said:

Enjoy!

rolleyes.gif

That is not up to the makers of RawkSD. That is up to Waninkoko, the creator of the cIOS.

I dont believe that...

How work the Installer from Wii?

Im doing test, i try to use the installer of Wii but dont work until i run the patcher (rawksdpatcher) ios37... so i think if u guys can use cIOS223 (IOS37 merger with IOS36 for usb loader) instand of ios37 for engine the installer of Wii that gonna do the same encryption like work on usb loader...

That is my theory
lecture.gif

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ExLex said:
ccfman2004 said:
ExLex said:
AerialX said:

Enjoy!

rolleyes.gif

I dont believe that...

How work the Installer from Wii?

Im doing test, i try to use the installer of Wii but dont work until i run the patcher (rawksdpatcher) ios37... so i think if u guys can use cIOS223 (IOS37 merger with IOS36 for usb loader) instand of ios37 for engine the installer of Wii that gonna do the same encryption like work on usb loader...

That is my theory
lecture.gif

It has been stated by ArialX and others many times before. If you want USB Loading support, go yell (at least ask politely) for Waninkoko to fix it as the DLC issue is in the cIOS not RawkSD.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Heathcliff said:
Roy911 said:
Also, I forgot the leaderboard system is built into the game, why bother with Rawkboard for Wii?
tongue.gif

Extras -> Leaderboards
LOL yeah you're right I just didn't know the custom songs were added to the leaderboard too! But now I understand how pointless a Wii build of rawkboard would be.

Anyway; great job with this new build of RawkSD! I just noticed that files in the Rawk folder on my SD card were just like basic DTA files... Can I edit them by hand and by any chance try to get CD Art to work?
1) They're DTB files. You can edit them if you want, but most of it can be done with the Edit window.
2) Album art does not work. We've enabled it and even added it to RawkSD the day before the release. Then we realized that Rock Band 2 has a bug: if you load a song with album art, the game will eventually crash. This is probably the reason why real DLC doesn't have it, and why we don't support it.

Hiro77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
OFF TOPIC:

Hey!! wait... stop the world...
but... in tour mode...

in ROME...

there's the RAWK-AID Festival!![/b] (5 songs to choose)
has it always been there and I never noticed? or... was it you guys?
rolleyes.gif

anyway... cool!! that's gonna be the "customs setlist" from now on!!
grog.gif

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is everyone else's imported audio unbalanced, as in much louder or much softer than the on-disc selections? I find myself playing with a remote by my side as I work my way through a setlist, trying to normalize the audio volume.

And why the hell does it take so long to import from a GH disc? A bit excessive I think, and so I've chosen to import these same songs from the FOF files that have unedited mids, which makes them the same as those on disc. The only difference is it takes less than a minute each to add those songs and their information taken from an ini file as opposed to the few hours it takes to convert the data from the disk. It has to be possible to speed that process up, especially if you expect people to re-dump their discs and re-import with each of these tweaked builds.

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
There is a bug in 1.08, when i import any rock band disc, the preview file in the custom directory make 0 Ko !
So when i add it in rock band 2 and i want to preview it, the game crash...

i redownload the archive and always 1.08 but not the same date/hour and it works !

armageddan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey why won't my custom songs show up in game? i've done all the steps and then when i go into the game they aren't there
cry.gif
why arent' they?!?. i'm using the imported songs from gh3 and a few customs. my sd card is a 1gig non sdhc.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
kid sampson said:
Is everyone else's imported audio unbalanced, as in much louder or much softer than the on-disc selections? I find myself playing with a remote by my side as I work my way through a setlist, trying to normalize the audio volume.

And why the hell does it take so long to import from a GH disc? A bit excessive I think, and so I've chosen to import these same songs from the FOF files that have unedited mids, which makes them the same as those on disc. The only difference is it takes less than a minute each to add those songs and their information taken from an ini file as opposed to the few hours it takes to convert the data from the disk. It has to be possible to speed that process up, especially if you expect people to re-dump their discs and re-import with each of these tweaked builds.
GH disc imports take a while because it's decrypting and re-encoding 5 or 6 hours worth of music. It's not excessive; an hour or two of importing isn't bad compared to Frets on Fire's 24hours+ it takes to import one disc. The reason your new customs from FoF work is because they've already been re-encoded to OGG.

Also, most of these updates mean you can reimport without deleting, which only takes about one minute. Except for the preview fixes... And RB1 only takes like 10 minutes to import the whole disc anyway.

QUOTE(secamfr @ Jul 14 2009, 06:19 PM) There is a bug in 1.08, when i import any rock band disc, the preview file in the custom directory make 0 Ko !
So when i add it in rock band 2 and i want to preview it, the game crash...

i redownload the archive and always 1.08 but not the same date/hour and it works !
Right, I noticed that bug and fixed it a while after I first uploaded 1.08 :/

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THAT WOULD KNOW HOW TO SYNC UP ALL INSTRUMENTS ON A MID FILE. I have .midis that have vox guitar bass and drums for all difficulties
but i cant sync them properly.
I tried the feedback time - audicity first guitar note = offset, it does not work please someone help out and ill gladly share my collection

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any pc, wii, mac or what have you tool that allows you view the dlc as it exists on your sd card? i sorta mangled an install of customs and want to start over, but retain my purchased dlc....the folder structure and filenames arent particularly helpful.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OncleJulien said:
is there any pc, wii, mac or what have you tool that allows you view the dlc as it exists on your sd card? i sorta mangled an install of customs and want to start over, but retain my purchased dlc....the folder structure and filenames arent particularly helpful.
DLC Manager by Caitsith. http://caitsith2.net/wii/RB2_DLC_Manager.zip

Sorry I haven't been around, been really busy, glad everyone likes this program.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
OncleJulien said:
DLC Manager by Caitsith. http://caitsith2.net/wii/RB2_DLC_Manager.zip
perfect, thanks...for everything!

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
Luriden said:
Does the "out of date" error happen with everyone that tries to load the game from USB?

RawkSD doesn't work with the USB loader. You have to run it through the disc channel with CIOScorp

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thc42O said:
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THAT WOULD KNOW HOW TO SYNC UP ALL INSTRUMENTS ON A MID FILE. I have .midis that have vox guitar bass and drums for all difficulties
but i cant sync them properly.
I tried the feedback time - audicity first guitar note = offset, it does not work please someone help out and ill gladly share my collection
I can give it a try! Just PM me and I'll do my best.

dbzdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after I used preloader to get my backups working on the disc channel.... I used rawksd and patched my system. When I tried to boot up rock band 2 (backup) via disc channel it gives me a error occured, any suggetions. Tried Cioscorp and rock band launcher

armageddan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhg. after i used the rawksd patcher and installed my custom songs, they gave me the outdated error. anyone get theirs working with 4.0u system menu, ciosrev13a, and ios37? it SHOULD be working but i don't know why it isn't
mad.gif
what backup loader do you guys use for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn I think I cant