Hacking RawkSD

doctorfaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Success! Thanks to tueidj's help, I got drummer animations working properly. Unfortunately, it's actually a lot of work - unlike the guitar/bass tracks, you have to chart each individual drum hit as another note in the .mid. Somewhere down the line, maybe somebody will make a program that will add these animations in semi-automatically from the drum chart, but for now it's a lot of work. If you're masochistic and still want to try...

Here's the list of notes, courtesy of tueidj:
Code:
left hand: 26, 30, 34, 35, 40, 41, 46, 48, 50
right hand: 27, 31, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 47, 49, 51
left foot: 25
right foot: 24
snare: 26, 27
left tom: 46, 47
right tom: 48, 49
floor tom: 50, 51
left crash: 34, 35, 36, 37, 41
right crash: 36, 38, 39, 40
ride cymbal: 27, 31, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 47, 49, 51
kick: 24
hi-hat: 25, 30, 31

As you can see, each note is associated with both a limb and a drum kit part. So if you go to the PART DRUMS track of a chart in Anvil, and insert a note on 24 (C2), that will direct the drummer to hit the kick pedal with their right foot. To put it in an Anvil-friendlier list:
Code:
C2(24) - right foot bass drum
C#2(25) - left foot hi-hat
D2(26) - left hand snare
Eb2(27) - right hand snare

F#2(30) - left hand hi-hat
G2(31) - right hand hi-hat

Bb3(34) - left hand left crash
B3(35) - left hand left crash
C3(36) - right hand left crash
C#3(37) - right hand left crash
D3(38) - right hand right crash (hit_side)
Eb3(39) - right hand right crash (hit_norm)
E3(40) - right hand right crash (hit_grab)
F3(41) - left hand left crash
F#3(42) - right hand ride cymbal*

Bb4(46) - left hand left tom
B4(47) - right hand left tom
C4(48) - left hand right tom
C#4(49) - right hand right tom
D4(50) - left hand floor tom
Eb4(51) - right hand floor tom

The list is incomplete, as there's some weirdness in the crash/cymbals where it appears that the same note is tracked to multiple limbs/drum kit parts but I don't know what to make of them, evidently there's some scripting involved that changes up what they do.

To keep things from getting too confusing, first thing I'd do is go into Anvil and place a 16th note on 24 (C2) every where you have a kick pedal charted (kick pedal on expert is C8). Then I'd try to handle the right hand hits, mostly on yellow or blue pads (D8 or Eflat8) or sometimes green (E8), these will go on your high hats or toms or what not depending on the song. Then the left hand will handle snare hits (red pad, C#8) and miscellaneous stuff. A left hand snare hit is note 26 (D2) so plant those as appropriate.

Again it's very tedious, I wouldn't do it unless you reaaaaally care what your drummer looks like during your customs. Again it seems the type of thing that could be programmed in semi-automatically, but I am not a programmer so I have no expertise in this.

I also started to compile a list of the directed camera comments in the VENUE track. These are of the form [do_directed_cut xxxx] and will force the camera/band member to do something:
Code:
directed_duo_guitar - Singer and guitarist will pose together
directed_duo_bass - Singer and bassist will pose together
directed_duo_drums - Drummer looks at camera (used for singalongs?)
directed_duo_gb - Guitarist and bassist will pose together
directed_all - Everyone jumps in the air/everyone kicks at the camera
directed_all_cam - Singer/guitarist/bassist dance in front of camera
directed_all_lt - Far view of the whole band
directed_all_year - Everyone will jump into the air (except drummer)
directed_bass - Bassist kicks camera(?)
directed_bass_np - Bass player will kick the air
directed_bass_cam - Bassist makes a face at the camera
directed_bass_cls - Closeup on bassist's fretboard/fingers
directed_bre - Band members do Big Rock Ending
directed_brej - Band members do the jump for the BRE
directed_drums - Drummer twirls drumsticks
directed_drums_pnt - Drummer points at camera
directed_drums_np - (?)
directed_drums_lt - Overhead view of the drummer's kit
directed_drums_kd - Closeup on drummer's kick pedal
directed_guitar - Guitarist kicks camera(?)
directed_guitar_np - Guitarist kicks the air(?)
directed_guitar_cam - Guitarist makes a face at the camera
directed_guitar_cls - Closeup on guitarist's fretboard/fingers
directed_stagedive - Singer dives from the stage
directed_crowdsurf - Singer crowdsurfs
directed_vocals - Singer raises hand into the air
directed_vocals_np - Singer will jump and punch the air
directed_vocals_cam - Singers poses in front of camera
directed_vocals_cls - Singer poses in front of camera
directed_crowd_b - Bassist poses/point in front of crowd
directed_crowd_g - Guitarist poses/points in front of crowd

There are multiple animations/camera angles for some of these, for instance I've seen at least three different ways directed_drums_pnt executes. Not sure if there's a way to force one particular way or another. Also, how these look might depend on the character's 'Attitude' that you set when you first created them.

starwarsfan982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, got it working! I just updated to 4.0 and everything went according to plan. With a little work, the Guitar Hero White Les Paul can now play every song from all of the guitar hero and rock band games!!!

lyoozero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Tzvi said:
Can somebody make a tutorial (preferably with screenshots) on how to take a FoF song with multiple OGGs (Like drums.ogg, guitar.ogg, etc) and combine them into one ogg file. I think I am doing it wrong as my songs tend to stutter at various points... yet if I do just a stereo mix the songs play fine.

Thanks in advance.
I was also wondering how to this or use both of the audio files, to make the the guitar stop playing whenever I miss.
Also, I just put up 2 new videos showing a RB1 import and a custom.

kirakills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(AerialX @ Jul 3 2009, 10:26 PM) *

well, for one thing, that's how it has to be done. Basically, you have to do installations in between the OK - Cancel menu, or at least Customs -> Update SD Save. If it's really not working, then there might be a problem. In-between the OK - Cancel menu, there should be a file /rawk/rb2/data on the SD card. Is it there?

i need some help with this AerialX they won't show up and on the the pc one it says that i haven't used the wii installe yet which i have and i also updated the save to. i don't get this In-between the OK - Cancel menu, there should be a file /rawk/rb2/data on the SD card. thanks for the help. i have the latest ios too hope it helps

buckely

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lyoozero said:
I was also wondering how to this or use both of the audio files, to make the the guitar stop playing whenever I miss.

An easy solution to this would be not to miss any notes while you play. Problem Solved!!
tongue.gif

lyoozero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
buckely said:
lyoozero said:

An easy solution to this would be not to miss any notes while you play. Problem Solved!!
tongue.gif
Well, like I NEVER MISS A NOTE! I'M SO PRO OMFGROFLPWZERS!
No, but seriously, I just want it like that because... well, I don't really have reason I guess.
rolleyes.gif

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
buckely said:
lyoozero said:

tongue.gif
Okay. Miss no notes in this.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Grim666 said:
sorry! i searched and the thread said that it was for 3.2 ONLY

thank you for replying
lol sorry for snapping, hate when people are impatient about stuff.

and nope, it works with all versions provided you have the right version. cIOSCORP v1 = early FW to 3.4. cIOSCORP v2 = 4.0

but v2 can be used on ANY firmware i believe, say if you installed it on a 2.0 wii, you'd have all the patched IOS for that firmware + all the ones for the new one. so you'd essentially be on a 4.0 trucha bugged wii with a system menu 2.0 that can play copies lol

i mean, why wouldnt it work?

Grim666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I totally understand, I was being a tad impatient
frown.gif

Ok, im gonna give it a go and HOPEFULLY i'll manage to get some customs working...

Grim666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm a little unsure tbh, that's what I THINK I need to do but maybe i'm just reading things and making up my own stuff
tongue.gif

kirakills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(AerialX @ Jul 3 2009, 10:26 PM) *

well, for one thing, that's how it has to be done. Basically, you have to do installations in between the OK - Cancel menu, or at least Customs -> Update SD Save. If it's really not working, then there might be a problem. In-between the OK - Cancel menu, there should be a file /rawk/rb2/data on the SD card. Is it there?

i need some help with this they won't show up and on the the pc one it says that i haven't used the wii installe yet which i have and i also updated the save to. i don't get this In-between the OK - Cancel menu, there should be a file /rawk/rb2/data on the SD card. thanks for the help. i have the latest ios too hope it helps. can someone please help me i've been trying this for hours

drzgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda ran into a problem. Ever since i ran the patcher, when i launch rockband 2 i get system files are corrupted, but if i run any other game it works fine. is there anyway to fix this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.