RawkSD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AerialX, Jul 3, 2009.

1. AerialX
    OP

AerialX Certified Sociopath

Jan 15, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    The RawkSD patcher overwrites IOS37. So, you'll have to reinstall the cIOScorp37 wad to load it from disc channel.

2. HaloBenish

HaloBenish GBAtemp Fan

Feb 1, 2008
    Canada
    Anyone figure out the unable to recover song to wii error yet?

3. sew_2025

sew_2025 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    United States
    First of all I would like to thank everyone who has worked on this for all of there hard work.
    I selected the add blank drum track option, but the game still freezes when I try to play it on drums. I have tried to get several custom songs to work but they will only work on guitar. What should I do?

4. dtw_2005

dtw_2005 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    I had a buddy over earlier today, and we were having the same problem. I was trying to get in touch with him to see if he'd had any luck. I'll report back if I hear from him.

5. AerialX
    OP

AerialX Certified Sociopath

Jan 15, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Aaand one more new build people. Again, redownload [​IMG]
    (This one actually has fixes to Aerosmith ripping, as well as two songs missing from Guitar Hero 3 rips)

Drum customs seem to be a hit or miss. It looks like if they were made in FeedBack, they work out fine (I tried a bunch from the ScoreHero Rock Band thread). Frets on Fire drum customs sometimes seem to crash though.

Tip: If a song crashes and it says that your Wii memory is full, just run the RawkSD Installer on the Wii, hit Install, then hit OK directly after it. It'll erase the song from your NAND for you.

6. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    It won't work with Hermes' or waninkoko's cIOSes, the first post says this. The issue is not caused by which IOS is used as a base, that was an assumption made by WiiPower.

7. lettuce

lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 27, 2006
    Ok have got a torrent that has all RB 1&2 DLC, but all the files are MP3, when i load RawkSD, and select create, do i have to select each MP3 individually, theres no batch option to create a playlist all at once??

8. PK2

PK2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2009
    Thanks guys for this great utility; now I just need to wait for the UK RB2 release so I can download DLC!
    Played Run to the Hills (Cover Version) earlier today, and everything works perfectly! Just need the original now =P

Out of interest, does the online system link the DLC by the charts? So if I have a file named "*Reptilia*" and the other person has a file named "[RB1] Reptilia", with the same chart, could we play together?
    Also, are the track packs recognised as playable with the DLC from the Music Store?
    Is there any way to download import DLC?

Thanks in advance for your answers! [​IMG]
    (Heh, we really need one of those with a Wiimote or something.)

9. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    We're not going to give any help relating to importing real DLC.

10. PK2

PK2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2009
    No, I meant downloading DLC from the US music store on a UK Wii.
    I heard a while back about changing the shop region, but this apparantly erased all data of items purchased from the UK Shop Channel. Is there any way of doing this without such large adverse effects?

Heh, I wouldn't want to pirate DLC anyways. Other than it being morally... bleh, it would take way too long on my slow computer. D= It even lags running Cave Story!

EDIT: Oh, you might have been talking about the guy above. Silly me. Maybe.

11. snesmaster40

snesmaster40 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2005
    As far as I know there isn't anyway PK2 without that side effect happening.

12. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    For the most part yes, wasn't sure if you were talking about purchasing or stealing since you just said downloading.
    There's no way to download DLC if your wii isn't set to the right region. Also for the track pack songs the game thinks they are different from the official DLC so you can't play with people who have them.

13. eric_4_life

eric_4_life GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2008
    Canada
    Thanks that worked, and for your problem, they said that this only works when running the game through the disc channel

14. snesmaster40

snesmaster40 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2005
    Oh sweet I got it working. For PAL users having video problems after installing CIOSCORP use Gecko OS to boot the game.

15. HaloBenish

HaloBenish GBAtemp Fan

Feb 1, 2008
    Canada
    It would most likely come with what, 4 audio tracks and one .mid for the notes. You would have to compile the 4 audiotracks onto 1 file with each on a differnt layer then when creating the custom in rawksd choose all the right layers.

16. gamersclub

gamersclub Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
  17. OncleJulien

OncleJulien tool of peers

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    Los Angeles
    i have rb1 files working flawlessly, but importing aerosmith, gh3, and acdc tracks should be precisely the same, correct? i have all the songs loaded up and ready to import, but only the [rb1] tracks appears in my quickplay list.

anyone else having this issue?

18. Grim666

Grim666 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    If I install CIOSCORP will the 'out of date' message be fixed?

Also, can I install CIOSCORP on a PAL 3.3 Wii?

19. HisshouBuraiKen

HisshouBuraiKen GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2004
    United States
    Nowhere
    Okay, I ran the RawkSD patcher and tried to load RB2 off the configurable USB loader. I edited the config file and told it to use IOS37 directly, which you can't do normally. It still gave me the out of date error, and my usb mic didn't work either. Should I assume this is something with the loader itself? Maybe it defaulted to ios249? Theoretically, running a backup under a patched IOS37 should work, right?

20. Dantheman0721

Dantheman0721 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2009
    United States
    I officially got it to work. But then I have stupid littile issues not associated with RawkSd. I downloaded Revolution by the Beatles and the chart was way slower and I beleive was meant for Revolution 1, which is a completely diffirent style song, so the notes didn't match. Then I tried Paradise city by guns and Roses, but the notes were off again, I didn't see anywhere to set up the audio or chart delay. Hopefully I will figure this out. Would it be possible to be able to download customs already put together? I know they probably couldnt be linked here as it would contain actual mp3 songs, but it would be possible right?