Hacking RawkSD

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
spoonwoo said:
Alexrose said:
I dumped my PAL version of RB1. I then used rawksd to import it, the sd card is prepared, but when I tell it to install, it begins to install before crashing.

Any idea why?

it sounds like you haven't yet run the patcher. make sure you you get a confirmation that it was patched and it says press home to exit. if it automatically goes back to the hbc then something went wrong. also, after it prepares the SD card THEN you install the customs onto the SD card using your pc. If you have before the SD card was prepared then just update the save file. put the card back in your Wii and press okay.

.. The PC program crashes, not the wii. It patched fine and I have all the installation files.

I'm wondering if the problem may have something to do with the NTSC save data and the fact it has no DLC on it because my shop is PAL. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought 4GB (non SDHC) didn't work anymore. Also are you able to utilize all 4GB in rock band or just 2GB?

HEARDATBEAT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm yea i have a small problem everytime i try to install a song i can get it installed fine and everything but when i load the game up i get to the screen where it loads the content from the wii and it freezes with a loud humming noise. The only way to fix it was to delete my original save file and the RawkSD save file and it will run again but if i try again the same problem occurs. I'm using a NTSC Wii with 4.0u update through the rock band 2 disc with Cios38 rev13b.

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with a custom. I got a beatles custom RB track off of scorehero and I'm using a 5.1 audiotrack that I edited for the music, mogg audio, and the drum track freezes. I didn't have a blank drum track because I mapped it to the first and 2nd track of the mogg file. Do the drums have to be at the end or what's my problem?

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just a quick question. i have imported a select few songs from GH3 and labelled them under a GH3 prefix, i have then tryed to import some songs from a GH3 custom disc.

the trouble is its using the same folder names but the data is different. can i just rename the folders and they will stil work and be recognised as seperate songs in RB2? i would test it myself but i havent got the game yet.

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
ok so im not getting this, i can get the iso of gh3 rb1 etc, but can u actually get the download content thats online? i really want dashboard confessional songs...

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Failed with cIOS 11 (as expected I guess). Got the 'out of date' error.
Tried SoftChip after installing cIOS7 to IOS248. Now the error says the song 'cannot be restored to the Wii System memory'.

any idea how to get this rolling without the original disc?

Grim666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ClockWorK said:
Failed with cIOS 11 (as expected I guess). Got the 'out of date' error.
Tried SoftChip after installing cIOS7 to IOS248. Now the error says the song 'cannot be restored to the Wii System memory'.

any idea how to get this rolling without the original disc?

I've also had this error too
frown.gif
I would just buy the game, but what with it not being released in Europe, a backup is my only hope.

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this plan would work:

1. Grab the multi-cios installer and install IOS37 as IOS248. This fails for me. Not sure why. Maybe because I already have an IOS248.
2. Grab SoftChip and use it to load RockBand2 with IOS248.

I am able to play normal RockBand2 backups (RB2, ACDC, etc). I have a GH guitar.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ClockWorK said:

1. Grab the multi-cios installer and install IOS37 as IOS248. This fails for me. Not sure why. Maybe because I already have an IOS248.

I am able to play normal RockBand2 backups (RB2, ACDC, etc). I have a GH guitar.

Delete IOS248 with ATD and try again.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grim666 said:
so, at the moment, is there anything I can do?

If so, could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers.
Somebody said they got it running with a RB1/2 backup launcher

I cannot believe though that they were so lazy in RB1 not to put in the animations. I am sure it took some clever coding to squeeze it out of the Wii; however, the same freaking files are played just fine in RB2 with slight conversions, no change in the encoding. I figured that RB2 used a different encoding that used less CPU time, but nah.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Alexrose said:
spoonwoo said:
Alexrose said:
I dumped my PAL version of RB1. I then used rawksd to import it, the sd card is prepared, but when I tell it to install, it begins to install before crashing.

Any idea why?

it sounds like you haven't yet run the patcher. make sure you you get a confirmation that it was patched and it says press home to exit. if it automatically goes back to the hbc then something went wrong. also, after it prepares the SD card THEN you install the customs onto the SD card using your pc. If you have before the SD card was prepared then just update the save file. put the card back in your Wii and press okay.

.. The PC program crashes, not the wii. It patched fine and I have all the installation files.

I'm wondering if the problem may have something to do with the NTSC save data and the fact it has no DLC on it because my shop is PAL. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Got the same problem mate, with the same setup. Crashes on installing to SDCard each time after prepping on the Wii. If i start RawkSD up again itll crash on the next song instead, but if you go into RB2 the first song doesnt show up. So altho that method gets past the 1st song, it doesnt seem to have installed it.
Im wondering if the problem of the NTSC Save Data for PAL users was solved, on the other post i asked about it and it was being looked at. Can any of the Team confirm a work around for PAL users with PAL Store and NTSC game/save was solved? Or anyone else confirm they have it working with this setup?

Am also using Vista if this is an issue, i know GHOST struggled with a few Vista issues at first. Ill try on the PC with XP when i get chance. Bloody Vista Laptop!!

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
To run Rock Band backups, you need a cIOS based on IOS37, so all cIOS from Waninkoko will fail for you.

So what is the problem for me? I load the backup disc through the normal channel using wiikey =\
My setup listed below:

QUOTE(Rammoth @ Jul 4 2009, 05:08 PM) I'm also getting that my license is out of date and need to be redownloaded.

3.1 Pal Wii, rev13a, Wiikey using backup disc through the normal channel (no backup loaders).
I was using songs from AC/DC and Track Pack 2.
The guitar hero DLC stuff from OneUP does work, so I don't think rev13a would be the problem, or is it?

Any suggestions?

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ClockWorK said:

Got it working. Ran IOS Downgrader (maybe just for kicks).
Used IOS 232 instead of 248.

Playing a custom right now.

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed every step and the 1 bloc rawd sd save shows up on my Wii, yet I can not see them in game. I tried running the installer several times and I tried updating the sd list and I'm using cios 37bugfix from cioscorp

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I don't really have the patience to quote 3 pages worth of questions, but...

1) To the people having issues with the PC installer crashing on installation (usually PAL)... Did you download the program when it was released? I uploaded the fix for that an hour or two later. The temporary solution was to create the folder /private/wii/data/SZAE on your SD card.
2) To all the people getting the "out of date" message, it's about which IOS you're running Rock Band 2 under. If you're running it under a different IOS than you normally do (say, cIOS), then you will find your normal DLC out of date (redownloading it under the IOS that works with RawkSD is a simple solution). If you're running it under a cIOS based on IOS37 (which is cIOScorp for backups, the RawkSD patcher for retail discs, or modchips; hint: you need to run the patcher if you have a retail disc or modchip backup), it should work. If it says the out of date message and you know you're running it with IOS37, chances are you didn't patch it to include fakesigning (use the RawkSD patcher)
3) For other installation issues... One way or another you *need* a patched IOS37 on your system, even if you do something like installing a patched IOS37 as IOS2XX. So if you do that, you still need to run the patcher to fix IOS37 on your system (it's what the installer runs on).

doctorfaust said:
I figured my freezes out - I had the P1/P2 phrases for vocals marked on A10 and Bflat 10, not A9 and B9. Even though I took piano for 16 years, I somehow overlooked that A9 and Bflat9 are BELOW C9, not above it, ha.

So now it works great!

Again, thanks for your fine work on this. Just a couple of questions:

1) Even though I charted a full drum track, my drummer mostly sat around and only did 'special' animations instead of doing the regular playing animation. Is there a way to tweak this?
2) A couple of 'future release' wishes: will we be able to tweak the animations at some point? As cool as having them in are, when my singer stage dives 5 times in the same song it does look weird, ha.
3) Is it known how to add album art into the track info? Will we be able to do that at some point?
Great video
biggrin.gif

1) There are other animation notes for the drummer. The main thing is that we haven't really investigated them yet. Customs support is kind of basic right now.
2) I doubt we'll really change what's happening with the random animations. The best thing to do is to chart them yourself with your MIDI editor (there's plenty of info on ScoreHero, or drop by our IRC channel if you want to talk about it), then RawkSD won't make up random animations for you.
3) We added album art support into RawkSD two days ago, but it appears that it causes some sort of memory corruption in the game that eventually leads to a crash. This is probably the reason why official Wii DLC doesn't have album art, since the game does support it (and it works for like 5 minutes until it decides to crash
tongue.gif
).

QUOTE(ShadowChaos @ Jul 4 2009, 10:11 AM) i just ran rawkSD on a different SD card because my main one is full, i go to run RB2, and my file got deleted wtf? now i have to go all the way back to before i got platinum vox
Wow, that really sucks... I'm really sorry. Did you switch SD cards as you were doing the PC installation? You have to finish the installation with the card you started it with... However, I really see no reason how this could have possibly happened... Corrupting the save is one thing, but deleting it is another.

It looks like I'll be adding a save manager / backup service to RawkSD to try and prevent things like this :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F