Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stole this from DCEmu.co.uk

"After having revived the N64 classic, Diddy Kong Racing, on the DS, Rare looks set to continue its support for the handheld with future projects that could include miniaturised versions off Viva Pinata and Kameo.

Shane Kim, Corporate Vice President for Microsoft Game Studios, told 1UP.com: "A Kameo or a Viva Pinata on a DS makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways from a franchise perspective."

Despite a luke-warm reception at retail, Kim says: "I think it's fair to say that we're going to continue to invest in that property [Viva Pinata].

"Whether that is in the form of a sequel, a product line extension or through merchandising, whatever the case may be, that's something that we're going to stick with."

He later comments: "Whether you're talking about [publishing games on] mobile or the DS -- you probably won't see it on the PSP, though."

Work on 360 continues as ever at Rare, as Kim explains: "Right now the number of things that Rare is looking at on 360 includes a number of 360 prototype projects," Spencer said. "Some of them involve games that we've shipped before; some of them involve new ideas."

I personally loved Viva Pinata and Kameo was entertaining too even though had its little flaws. I can easily see versions of both on the DS.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
He later comments: "Whether you're talking about [publishing games on] mobile or the DS -- you probably won't see it on the PSP, though."
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

rofl2.gif

Poor Sony
happy.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how that Microsoft will make games for the DS, some games bear the Sony logo (due to film licences) but you'll NEVER see the word Nintendo on an official,legal modern release.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Viva pinata was a disaster game on the xbox 360. So much so that Game was left with hundreds of unsold copies and come to an arrangement to include it in a bundle as a free game... it was the £279.99 premium bundle with an extra wireless control, PGR and arcade, then viva pinata special edition thrown in. The result was a lot of traded in viva pinantas, which to this day are still unopened and sitting in preowned lol.
However I think it would do great on DS... 360 just isn't that cutesy type is it. DS is. Loads of little girls have DS's.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Halo DS please? It's almost finished so why not release it? What are you talking about?
IGN Matt (of a gaming website you probably couldn't guess the name of) claimed to have played a version of Halo DS that got scrapped after deals between MS and the dev went south. I personally believe it's complete bullshit though.

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm slowly coming to the realization that RARE aint the company it used to be. Perfect Dark Zero was a dissapointment, Viva Piniata was a great game with a flawed child-like look which made it a turn off for almost everyone who actually would enjoy the game. I'm hoping that they get their shit right with this upcoming Banjo & Kazoie 360 title.

Wanque

Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
Most of the guys responsible for the great Rare N64 titles left, didn't they, and formed 'Free Radical'?

Only recently have Rare started catching up with where they were nine years ago.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Halo DS please? It's almost finished so why not release it? What are you talking about?
IGN Matt (of a gaming website you probably couldn't guess the name of) claimed to have played a version of Halo DS that got scrapped after deals between MS and the dev went south. I personally believe it's complete bullshit though.
Why should it be? Matt is quite an important and trustworthy press person.

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Why should it be? Matt is quite an important and trustworthy press person.
Because it has already been confirmed that it is fake and that the other Ign staff were messing around on his account.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn