ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww great...
Now look what you've done Zerrix!
You should be ashamed now that the download link has been taken off...
And I was JUST thinking about downloading it today...

Sorry to ask but can anyone give me the link to the wiki?

@Zerrix...go away...
Wasting my time...

kartgarcia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerrix:
Watch your mouth asshole, I think you can't do that work in 2 years, dumbass.

twiztidsinz:
I think I found another bug, I will be providing you the save file as soon as possible.
I did the Lost Wood quest(o/) and then I went to Glast Heim Tunnel. I tried to use Fly Wing, but when I pressed "Ok" the game crashed. If you wanna do this fast you just need to keep walking in my save file. It crashed for me in Quest Page 14 number 1, in Glast Heim TUNNEL when I selected "Ok" when using Fly Wing. I THINK its gonna crash when trying to use Butterfly Wing in Lost Wood, but I didn't test yet.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kartgarcia said:
Zerrix:
Watch your mouth asshole, I think you can't do that work in 2 years, dumbass.

twiztidsinz:
I think I found another bug, I will be providing you the save file as soon as possible.
I did the Lost Wood quest(o/) and then I went to Glast Heim Tunnel. I tried to use Fly Wing, but when I pressed "Ok" the game crashed. If you wanna do this fast you just need to keep walking in my save file. It crashed for me in Quest Page 14 number 1, in Glast Heim TUNNEL when I selected "Ok" when using Fly Wing. I THINK its gonna crash when trying to use Butterfly Wing in Lost Wood, but I didn't test yet.
Could you re-test? I'll load up the game again and give it run through myself.
We know that sometimes the game will crash when using flywings, but have not yet figure out the cause.
There is a possibility that the problem is caused by the log. We believe that the game will crash when there is too many characters in the log when you use the menu, but it's very difficult for us to narrow it down and fix it partially because its pretty hard to duplicate.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey... Where are the updates going to be if the link has been taken down...
It's kinda misleading to newcomers when they see this title and it's replaced by some guy's quote from when he's sucking dick...

kartgarcia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm...ty for the information, now I can see what happened, I maybe was killing some Zealotus and then I decided to come back. Thank you.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Yeah! One more thing!
I'm sort of curious on what changes are made each patch...
Maybe we should add a change log....But that's just me...

Thanks for putting it back up!

shapeshifter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
QUOTE said:
I'm sort of curious on what changes are made each patch...
Maybe we should add a change log....But that's just me...
if you talk about the content in game then I thought the same, but that would be kinda spoiler...

thebuster2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI i finally got to use the cheats
gbasp.gif
but i kinda have a problem
hate2.gif
. when i'm in the first cave of the game after the main character explain how to attack and how to play the game, i used the cheat max base level so i press select but did not work instead when i took out my equipped weapon and put it on again it said i can not equip it. So i just wanna ask where or when can i use the cheats to max out my base level, job level, and stats. thx again for translating this game PEACE OUT!!!!!
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebuster2005 said:
HI i finally got to use the cheats
gbasp.gif
but i kinda have a problem
hate2.gif
. when i'm in the first cave of the game after the main character explain how to attack and how to play the game, i used the cheat max base level so i press select but did not work instead when i took out my equipped weapon and put it on again it said i can not equip it. So i just wanna ask where or when can i use the cheats to max out my base level, job level, and stats. thx again for translating this game PEACE OUT!!!!!
yaynds.gif
As I have said multiple times...
Cheats most likely will not work in the translation and will have to be re-written once the translation is finished.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The translation is awesome!
Most of it should be translated I guess...
There's been some hit and miss but it should be understandable...
And if adding a changelog seems like a spoiler problem then the readme should be like: Parts of chapter X translated or something...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yikkyon said:
And if adding a changelog seems like a spoiler problem then the readme should be like: Parts of chapter X translated or something...
Read the first post...

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
yikkyon said:
Read the first post...
Whaa...
wacko.gif

I don't get it...
are you talking about this...?
"Progress on the Story itself is on hold. Current work is being done for the Story and non-Story quests."
or the percent list on top of it...
Because I thought that was outdated...
well it's still good!
Up to geffen now!

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Told you people good stuff was coming...

LogWindowOutput1.jpg

And once again, thanks to you know who for helping teach me, I can re-work the overlay table file so I don't have to worry so much about size. (Still working on testing that though, so I don't corrupt anything else, but to verify for Andy's worries, Online and Friend play does still work just fine.)

Also, looking into ways of fixing NPC names in existing save files, so everyone doesn;t have to start over to see "Lisir" "Lucifi" and "Viselc" among others.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yikkyon said:
Whaa...
wacko.gif

I don't get it...
are you talking about this...?
"Progress on the Story itself is on hold. Current work is being done for the Story and non-Story quests."
or the percent list on top of it...
Because I thought that was outdated...
well it's still good!
Up to geffen now!
Yes... that and the section above it with the files listed.
But they are outdated as I've been spending most of my time trying to track down the problem with various quests and the remainder of my time working on various edits to the files like msg_MultiPlay as it's about 95% translated and I want to get it finished, as well as a rewrite of the Item Descriptions to be descriptive, i.e.
Katar from "Set of daggers which
handle unusually.
+DEX" to "DEX +2",
Bazerald from "Engraved with emblems.
Worn on special occasions." to "INT +5",
Survivor's Rod (Int) from "Made by the Mage Guild
and Prontera Church.
+MATK, +HP" to "MaxHP +400
INT +3
M.ATK +15"

Basically, since December 18th(?) I've been working pretty much non-stop on this project....
And the same goes for the others who are on the team.
Artlan helped out a little bit here and there on the project at the start, but then he jumped in feet first.. after programming Script Ginsu he's had his nose to the grindstone working on this game... many of the changes you've seen in the past month if not longer, have been thanks to Artlan's work (which is in turn thanks to DarthNemesis). He's been hacking the hell out of the game to squeeze in the translations.. fix the fonts.. extract the images.. and more
Andy's been pretty busy with school lately... but still found time to code up not one, but two apps for us while working on one for his project.
War stepped up and has been going through the scripts to help clean up and fix mistakes...
Everyone who's been working on this project has given their all day after day.

maybalat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone answer my question?
wacko.gif

In the middle of the game the language of the prolonge when they talk in the story turns into japanese......
wacko.gif

But every thing is english exept for other things...
wacko.gif

so how can i resolve it?
wacko.gif

or the translation patch is not 100% translated?
wacko.gif

Especially the LOG for example it says

LogWindowOutput1.jpg

in this picture i saw - Sandman was defeated!
Artlan: Bash
Artlan base leveled up!
in my NDS - Sandman (japanese words)
James: (japanese words)
James (japanese words)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Work Though!!
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maybalat said:
Can anyone answer my question?
wacko.gif

In the middle of the game the language of the prolonge when they talk in the story turns into japanese......
wacko.gif

But every thing is english exept for other things...
wacko.gif

so how can i resolve it?
wacko.gif

or the translation patch is not 100% translated?
wacko.gif

Especially the LOG for example it says

-cut-

in this picture i saw - Sandman was defeated!
Artlan: Bash
Artlan base leveled up!
in my NDS - Sandman (japanese words)
James: (japanese words)
James (japanese words)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Work Though!!
yaynds.gif
The translation isn't finished yet.
It's a work in progress that we are using you to help test and report bugs and errors.
biggrin.gif

As for the log... there's a slight issue that we hope to have resolved within the next few days.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
@maybalat: You must obviously have an old patch. Download the latest patch, more things should be in English and should be fixed. However, I don't think the latest patch has the fully translated log. That will come in the next patch that twiz makes.

And since you apparently didn't take the time to read the first post, the translation is NOT 100% complete yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...