ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

bealuvsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
bealuvsme said:
how do u guys add the next patch to the old one and also i keep getting stuck at the point where u name the girl at the begining

i'm actually having the same problem. although when i was still using the first patch, there were no problems at that point. i'm not sure if it's already in one of the replies but does the rom really get trimmed down to 101kb from the original 131? ive tried patching an untrimmed rom a number of times already and it always gets shrunk.
blink.gif
thanks.
yaynds.gif
Between the time of the first and second patches, my script files got messed up. I didn't realize it till after I released the patch, that's why somethings worked but are now broken.
Yes the ROM gets trimmed but I think you've got the wrong numbers.
Unpatched it should be 128MB (or 1Gb -- 8 bits in a Byte).
Patched (which also trims) is either 98 or 94MB.

okay, thanks for the info twiztidsinz! and good job guys!
yaynds.gif
i'll try and help out with the translation whenever i have free time already. got tons of schoolwork to do
wacko.gif

kieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Im new to this. I just dlded the Rom File The japanese version. Then i patched it. And it got smaller. Then now the file is named Ragnarok Ds...(patched)
So hopefully after reading that i supposed it would work.. then when i loaded the Ragnarok All it loads is a black screen with a couple of japananese writting. and i cant read japanese. so yea. I am currently running on R4. After seeing this supposed error. i tried the non patch version and it still had the same error... is this my r4 or have i misfollowed a step.. Cos ive done whatever was told.. I dragged the rom 3161 - Ragnarok Online DS (J) into the Drop Rom File. and than after patching it i got the patched file and dragged it in my R4 Folder.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kieren said:
Hey Im new to this. I just dlded the Rom File The japanese version. Then i patched it. And it got smaller. Then now the file is named Ragnarok Ds...(patched)
So hopefully after reading that i supposed it would work.. then when i loaded the Ragnarok All it loads is a black screen with a couple of japananese writting. and i cant read japanese. so yea. I am currently running on R4. After seeing this supposed error. i tried the non patch version and it still had the same error... is this my r4 or have i misfollowed a step.. Cos ive done whatever was told.. I dragged the rom 3161 - Ragnarok Online DS (J) into the Drop Rom File. and than after patching it i got the patched file and dragged it in my R4 Folder.

the patch is still being worked on there will be a new one out and if the (j) version dont work need to re- download again from another website.

bealuvsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kieren said:

since the error occurs even in the unpatched rom, i'm guessing the problem is with your r4. check if you have the latest firmware for it. as far as i know the latest is 1.18.

p.s. yes, the rom does get trimmed. twiz just answered that for me in a previous post. lol.

OathMeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possibly to get past the piracy part( when you fall down the cliff) in the patched version? i have the cheats but only works for the (J) version X_x

kieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kieren said:

the patch is still being worked on there will be a new one out and if the (j) version dont work need to re- download again from another website.

Hey then can you link me to this other version Thx!

Posts merged

QUOTE(kieren @ Jan 11 2009, 01:22 AM)

Where can i dl the latest firmware?

Umm. I just dlded the latest firm ware and replaced the old ones into my r4 folder.. but it still doesnt work.

dah.arkh.meiji

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you guys for the great job you are doing.

@Guys having problem w/ the black screen at the start of the game after chooseing name: just start the game w/ the unpatched rom and play untill u reach prontera, when u get there save and patch your game, now rename the save file to the same name as the game. (well, works in R4DS)

kieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dah.arkh.meiji said:

@Guys having problem w/ the black screen at the start of the game after chooseing name: just start the game w/ the unpatched rom and play untill u reach prontera, when u get there save and patch your game, now rename the save file to the same name as the game. (well, works in R4DS)

Yea i did that i played with the original japanese game.. and i get the black screen... this was the room 3161 - Ragnarok Online DS (J)

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dah.arkh.meiji said:

do run the save game through the drop rom patch

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kieren said:
dah.arkh.meiji said:

Yea i did that i played with the original japanese game.. and i get the black screen... this was the room 3161 - Ragnarok Online DS (J)
if it freezes with the original, then you're out of luck. It's your flashcart's fault.

kieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
kieren said:
dah.arkh.meiji said:

if it freezes with the original, then you're out of luck. It's your flashcart's fault.

Anyway to fix my flashcart?? and ive formatted my r4 ...

ANYWAYS GUYS NVM IVE FIXED IT

Atukiti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job doing the patch, guys. I am not sure if this is going to help but I thought I had to say it.
I downloaded the patch, and patched the game, tested it on my r4, and got the same error black screen with music after the girl's name.
I also tested the patched game on the emulator ideas, and have no error at the moment, and I made it to the first cave where you get the tutorial, and
I also checked the quest info tab, and had no error in the emulator. Maybe this can help. Anyway keep up the good work.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on the 3rd patch right now....
I had hoped to get it up last night, but it didn't happen. and today doesn't look too good either... fixing one of the files (msg_skill) is requiring a LOT more work that I had initially thought -BUT- that's only because I, speaking on behalf of the team, don't want to release something that's sloppily done.

For those interested in the problem, or those who want to get a glimpse of the type of work and level of quality we are working for:
Each skill has two descriptions. The first being the 'normal' description of the skill, the second being the skills requirements in red and its description. In order for me to be happy with the file, both sets of descriptions must match and it's not always possible to use the existing description twice (due to line length/max line issues) so it's requiring me to do a re-write in two locations of the same file at once (though I have them split into two files and I'm editing them side-by-side and will rejoin them when I'm finished).
It's tedious and monotonous, but I'm hoping the end result will be worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @DolphinCube, no problem ^_^