Gaming Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology from another region: can't access DLC

cloudropis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've downloaded the game (NTSC, my console is PAL) from the freeshop, started it once to let the game do all the configurations needed, went back to the freeshop to download the DLC, and started playing.
After a few hours I try to access the DLC menu for the first time, it asks me to access the eShop in order to buy them (so far I've always selected No because I'm aware trying to access the eShop in certain circumstances deletes every illegal DLC) and then gives me a "Couldn't access SD card" error.
Any help on how to access the DLC? I never had to deal with DLC loading problem from other regions because the NTSC games I played either didn't have those or I would just download them as .cia from the usual places. I remember I had to download config.cia in order to change the spotpass EULA code to ff.ff to access the spotpass features of Fire Emblem Fates NTSC

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded the game (NTSC, my console is PAL) from the freeshop, started it once to let the game do all the configurations needed, went back to the freeshop to download the DLC, and started playing.
After a few hours I try to access the DLC menu for the first time, it asks me to access the eShop in order to buy them (so far I've always selected No because I'm aware trying to access the eShop in certain circumstances deletes every illegal DLC) and then gives me a "Couldn't access SD card" error.
Any help on how to access the DLC? I never had to deal with DLC loading problem from other regions because the NTSC games I played either didn't have those or I would just download them as .cia from the usual places. I remember I had to download config.cia in order to change the spotpass EULA code to ff.ff to access the spotpass features of Fire Emblem Fates NTSC
Try deleting the DLC and trying again. If that doesn't work, why not "just download them as .cia from the usual places"? Probably take a lot less effort to just download a PAL .cia instead of searching the internet for ways to force an NTSC copy to work on your console.

cloudropis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try deleting the DLC and trying again. If that doesn't work, why not "just download them as .cia from the usual places"? Probably take a lot less effort to just download a PAL .cia instead of searching the internet for ways to force an NTSC copy to work on your console.
I may consider that, I was wondering if there was a simple way to make DLCs work for other regions I wasn't aware of. For example, I found an old post mentioning godmode having some kind of feature like that but I couldn't find it.
I'm actually already a dozen hours in the game so I can't just switch over to a PAL cia (which I don't exists in the first place since there wasn't one in the freeshop) and restart anew, I may try to find region unlocked .cia for the DLC but those are rarer to find.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may consider that, I was wondering if there was a simple way to make DLCs work for other regions I wasn't aware of. For example, I found an old post mentioning godmode having some kind of feature like that but I couldn't find it.
I'm actually already a dozen hours in the game so I can't just switch over to a PAL cia (which I don't exists in the first place since there wasn't one in the freeshop) and restart anew, I may try to find region unlocked .cia for the DLC but those are rarer to find.
Games aren't automatically added to Freeshop. Someone needs to share the ticket data first, and once the USA version was out there probably wasn't anyone with a EUR copy who deemed it necessary. That being said, I checked that iso site and saw multiple links to EUR copies of Radiant Historia and its dlc. You should use a save manager to extract your save and then copy it to the EUR version to see if it works. If not, there are guides (like mine, but it's outdated) to convert saves from different regions.

cloudropis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Games aren't automatically added to Freeshop. Someone needs to share the ticket data first, and once the USA version was out there probably wasn't anyone with a EUR copy who deemed it necessary. That being said, I checked that iso site and saw multiple links to EUR copies of Radiant Historia and its dlc. You should use a save manager to extract your save and then copy it to the EUR version to see if it works. If not, there are guides (like mine, but it's outdated) to convert saves from different regions.
Yes, that's probably what I'll to resort doing in the end.
Do you know anything about that godmode feature I mentioned, or anything else about converting DLC from other regions? I've been out of the loop for a while, I don't really know what's possible or not anymore much.
And is that iso site still a site where you find iso for the 3ds? Again, I've been out of the loop and I think I heard somewhere it went under or got hacked for good.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's probably what I'll to resort doing in the end.
Do you know anything about that godmode feature I mentioned, or anything else about converting DLC from other regions? I've been out of the loop for a while, I don't really know what's possible or not anymore much.
No, sorry. There are other people more knowledgeable on this subject than I am. I have a USA console so I've never had to deal with converting DLC.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What region is the DLC that you downloaded? The region of the base game and its DLC must match.

On an EU N3DS, I installed the European version of the game using a CIA and then downloaded and installed its EU DLC using CIAngel. It runs without problems.

Last edited by starburst,

cloudropis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What region is the DLC that you downloaded? The region of the base game and its DLC must match.

On an EU N3DS, I installed the European version of the game using a CIA and then downloaded and installed its EU DLC using CIAngel. It runs without problems.
PAL console, went to the freeshop and downloaded the NTSC game, then installed the NTSC DLC by selecting the game in the "installed games" section of freeshop and clicking the arrow icon that automatically downloads every DLC for that particular game from the freeshop

cloudropis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?