Hardware r4i3d card

BrunoMayol09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, today I downloaded the Pokemon Conquest rom, and when I tried to run it I had a weird white screen on my 3ds. After some research I've discovered that my fw was outdated. So what I did was download the latest version from r4i3d.com(its written on my card). Then, I have executed the fw, installed and all that. Then it told me to cycle the power button. After the boot, my r4 icon went from normal to a weird spongebob icon. Then when I clicked it, i had an error telling me to shut my console down. Okay, I thought. The update didn't work. So what I did was formatting my micro sd (fat32)(quick formatting) and restored my backup. Ran it again and guess what, sponge icon of death. I've read alot, and theres alot of folks saying that I permanently lost my card...wth. I never made any kind of software update or connected to wifi or anything. Is there a way to revert this?? Tried formatting 2 more times.
Any thoughts??

BrunoMayol09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've heard that before. But that should be correct if I had updated my console before updating my fw, right? Then I would have to apply an fw update on an older ds. But thats not the case. I have updated the fw first. Then I have updated my console. Note that before and after the console update I was getting the same error AND spongebob screen. I mean, I don't think its going to help getting my card on someone's ds since I don't even know anyone that actually haves it. Lets suppose I had, what I would do is install the new fw update matching my console (6.0.0-012) which is already installed. Another thing that I could do on another ds is downgrade the fw version back to the one I was using, but once again its impossible to downgrade the 3ds from an software update. Please I'm not gettin' this, help. I just figured out that I could run Pokemon Conquest just by altering a setting inside the r4, which makes me wanna kill myself. So, what do you recommend me do? Thanks for your reply.

BrunoMayol09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, lets suppose I get a Ds, and it reads my card correctly, what do i have to do next, since as I said, my fw matches the console version.
Sorry for being such a noob at the issue, thanks for your replies!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Alright, lets suppose I get a Ds, and it reads my card correctly, what do i have to do next, since as I said, my fw matches the console version.
Sorry for being such a noob at the issue, thanks for your replies!
A - If the DS runs it but the 3DS does not, then you will need to update the firmware for that flash cart... if possible. Flash cart makers don't make a single physical model, they update the designs over time and at any given time the latest updates only actually work on the latest few models. That said, they often put out different update files for different models (if they're a team that actually updates the older ones, most do not), so make sure you're getting the right download from their site as you may be 'upgrading' to an older version (the 'upgrade' erases and re-writes it!) or something like that.

B - If the DS doesn't run it either, then the bootloader is messed up, and you'll need a second flash cart in order to fix it via a secondary method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-