Hacking R4i SHDC not working on my DsiXL

LucaP19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies in advance if this has been answered before in another post, if so just link me

I recently got an R4 card for my DsiXL and it worked fine for a spell but now whenever I try and load a game the screens just go white and its obviously frozen. Some games work consistently, some work sporadically; they'll work then next time I try and load em I get that white screen again, and some load, work for a few seconds then freeze. It does however work just fine on my old DS lite, I don't mind using it but I've got a trip coming up and would prefer the bigger screen to play on the plane

Any help appreciated but I am a bit of a n00b when it comes to tech stuff so the simpler the explanation the better. Thank you in advance

LP

Last edited by LucaP19,
Reactions: deathcurzo

deathcurzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Chances are that your r4 is just not compatible with dsi or your r4 firmware is not compatible with dsi. Try buying the super card that gbatemp recommends: http://www.nds-card.com/
Or check which r4 firmware you require. There should be nothing wrong with the games.

LucaP19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What supercard is that? Can't find the table of recommendations

And like I said, some of the games work fine all the time. Some only some of the time

Last edited by LucaP19,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Do you have a DsiXL? If so does it work well on it
it works in any ds console, either DS, dsi, or 3ds
it works very well

however your problem seems related more to your dsi... since the card runs on it, it's not a firmware or card blocked problem...
i suggest clean the contacts on the dsi, use an air can or air compressor to clean the DSI slot (don't stick stuff on it)
or ask someone with knowledge about electronics to clean the contacts..

there is no need to get a new card, if the card doesn't throws "an error as occurred" screen...

you might as well try to backup all the files into your computer, format it and test your sd card with h2testw http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml
however i don't think this is the issue since you are saying it works well on your old ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good