Hacking R4i gold 3ds flashcart update for 3DS 2.0.0-2

Bleubolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Immortal_no1 said:
i've also had issues updating mine, same process.

Had a Miami Nights 3D card, updated it to 1.4.2C i got the spongebob icon and get a blackscreen followed by needing to restart my 3ds, and on my dslite i get a white screen. i had the latest wood firmware on it too.

Contacted the guys at r4ids.cn they're looking into it now. i want to try updating my cards with a DSI maybe that will solve my problem, i'll try it tomorrow with my friends DS.

Tried everything i can think of to get it working, at the point of the update the card becomes unusable and needs to be reflashed by using another card.

I'll update you guys on what's going on.

Same as what i get, and i did the same process. i cant even load anything on my old firmware 3ds with this card now. i think the cards are now dead.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
The cards aren't dead, all that needs to be done is to reflash them back to V1.4.2b (R4i 3DS gold upgrade patch) for your cards. This needs to be done by using another card with the reflash file on and booting it up then swapping the card over to the non-working one and flsahing that. That's what i've done. So i have my cards working again in my DS Lite, I'm going to reflash one of my cards with 1.4.2C this morning on a DSI (XL) using the other .nds file to see if it's because of the DSLite nds image that's got a problem. I haven't heard anything back from the guys in china yet. will keep you posted.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Well just tried to update it in my friends DSI XL and it said Fail. i'll have to check on a DSI, nobody has one that i know.

piktaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mryoshi said:
piktaz said:
And post result here.
smile.gif

Tried what tranfeer suggested
I openend the V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds on a 3DS from a friend with still the old firmware on it.
it patched normally, and now it works great again
yaynds.gif

Confirm this. Upgraded flash card with V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds from N3DS with old firmware and it works!

Sorry for low quality.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
piktaz said:
mryoshi said:
piktaz said:
And post result here.
smile.gif

Tried what tranfeer suggested
I openend the V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds on a 3DS from a friend with still the old firmware on it.
it patched normally, and now it works great again
yaynds.gif

Confirm this. Upgraded flash card with V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds from N3DS with old firmware and it works!

Sorry for low quality.

Did you have the issue where you upgraded with V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds and your card didn't work on the 3DS?

or did you just run V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds first time and you can now use your card on the 3DS v 2.0.0.2(E,U,J)?

Did you do the update on a DSI or DSI XL?

piktaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Immortal_no1 said:
Did you have the issue where you upgraded with V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds and your card didn't work on the 3DS?

or did you just run V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds first time and you can now use your card on the 3DS v 2.0.0.2(E,U,J)?

Did you do the update on a DSI or DSI XL?

1. No. I had no issues at all.
2. Just ran V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds directly from N3DS with old software (V1.0 E). Then updated N3DS software to V2.0 E and that's it, card is working correctly.
3. No. I did update with N3DS because i do not own NDSi or NDSi XL.

Also puted Wood R4 1.30 to flash card before upgrading firmware.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Right, shame i can't do that now. Haven't heard back from the r4i team yet.

Looks like only some cards may have been affected. id yours the same as in the picture i sent the link about? or does yours have 3DS written on the label on the cartridge?

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a reply back from the team at r4i.

if you have a card that looks like this:

card8.jpg

Even if it said R4I Gold 3DS and worked in the 3DS, it's not a 3DS card and so....

r4i team says:
"That's mean your card is not R4 3DS gold card....it won't work at this time..we are still working on this patch(non-3DS) now...

You could try use the patch V1.4.2 for non-3DS card to see if you can roll your card back..."

So it doesn't work because you need to have a card that looks like:
card9.jpg

In order to use the V1.4.2c R4i 3DS gold upgrade patch for 3DS Ver 2.0.0-2?J,E,U?

piktaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Immortal_no1 said:

Looks like only some cards may have been affected. id yours the same as in the picture i sent the link about? or does yours have 3DS written on the label on the cartridge?

Yes the cartridge have "3DS" written on the label.

Bleubolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So for us who paid for the R41 GOLD 3ds cartridge a few months ago have not been given 3ds cartridges, we have been scammed by this company !! we could have just brought cheaper non 3ds cartridges, which is what they sold us !!

piktaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
piktaz said:
Immortal_no1 said:

Ups sorry for rushing. The plastic cartridge itself without 3DS label. Only the card's paper box was with 3DS mark written on it.

R4i_Gold_3DS.jpg
card8.jpg

liberi

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
piktaz said:
piktaz said:
Immortal_no1 said:

Ups sorry for rushing. The plastic cartridge itself without 3DS label. Only the card's paper box was with 3DS mark written on it.

R4i_Gold_3DS.jpg
card8.jpg

I have that model, with the cartridge withouth the 3ds label but the box with a 3ds sticker ... and i upgraded the r4i gold withouth problems and works well with my upgraded 3ds firmware (sponge bob icon, before that was the meet the robinsons icon)

Bleubolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
liberi said:
piktaz said:
piktaz said:
Immortal_no1 said:

R4i_Gold_3DS.jpg
card8.jpg

I have that model, with the cartridge withouth the 3ds label but the box with a 3ds sticker ... and i upgraded the r4i gold withouth problems and works well with my upgraded 3ds firmware (sponge bob icon, before that was the meet the robinsons icon)
this was the one i got, i had the robinsons icon, i did the 1.42c patch and got spongebob, but just get white or black screen fubar'd

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Bleubolt said:
So for us who paid for the R41 GOLD 3ds cartridge a few months ago have not been given 3ds cartridges, we have been scammed by this company !! we could have just brought cheaper non 3ds cartridges, which is what they sold us !!
No, you have it backwards.

Some of the NEW models were sold with OLD packaging (but they had a 3DS STICKER on them to note the change).

digitalforums

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
this was the one i got, i had the robinsons icon, i did the 1.42c patch and got spongebob, but just get white or black screen fubar'd
i have just tried to update my card and i have the same fault as you, on an un updated 3ds white screens, on an updated 3ds please turn of your 3ds blah blah blah.
will just have to wait and see if theres a fix for this

ThatGuyoverTharr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made several mistakes when upgrading, and I want to know if they can be fixed.
My first error was upgrading with the NDSi version with my old DS lite.
My second error is that after it said it worked, I pressed A and the process started itself again.
My third error is that I didn't realise it would restart like that so I turned off my DS lite.
And now my R4 3DS Gold (I think it is) won't show up on my NDS lite (no icon, can't boot) regardless of my reformatting, and when I plug it into my 3DS and turn it on it just stays on the dark screen forever until I turn it off. The blue light saying the 3DS is on lights up, but nothing shows up on the screen. Same problems when I use another microsd card. The microsds still works when I use it with my old ttds though. And my 3DS boots properly if I plug my R4 in without a microsd card. I'm not particularly sure which one is at fault here (other than me, I am very much guilty) Using TT until I can get R4 3DS sorted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Funny to think that I'm one of the top chatters on GBAtemp with over 14,534 messages.