Hacking R4i "games-engine"version

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all,

Has anyone bought this card?

Am I correct is assuming that the PC software has to be running at the same time to download the content on the DSi?

Basically, has anyone got this working?

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually not a bad card- very satisfied with it. I couldn't tell you about the games engine part though- I dont download roms. The team updates their kernel frequently and have great support from what I've seen.

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I'm running an acekard 2i, supercard dsonei, and that r4i. I've had no problems whatsoever with it. Its skin is user friendly, I've had no compatability issues, and I've had no speed concerns with it. At first I was skeptical of buying the card, but everything turned out alright with the card. Personally, I think the supercard is the best for not much more money, but I haven't had any problems yet.

Sippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I cant believe I registered JUST because I facepalmed so hard at this thread, as well as the replies.. "games-engine" edition? Have you EVER been to the official site? HURRRR http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/searchen.asp IT IS LEGIT, it is their new line of cards. Just because it says games-engine.com on the front, doesn't mean it's a different card.

Sippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wannawanna said:
Dude, it's a clone. Yes that is their site, yes their firmware works with their card, but is it also a clone? Yes.

Considering I just tried the truth inquiry thing, and it says mine is real, I'm pretty sure it's real, only 100% sure though.

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen- there are hardly any more real r4s. Yes the card is a true r4i-sdhc, but it is not a real r4. That particular brand of r4 clone has a measure to make sure you are getting a real one of their build (why anyone would copy them is beyond me), but it doesn't mean it's a real r4. If you don't believe me, believe everyone else.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Sippy said:
wannawanna said:
Dude, it's a clone. Yes that is their site, yes their firmware works with their card, but is it also a clone? Yes.

Considering I just tried the truth inquiry thing, and it says mine is real, I'm pretty sure it's real, only 100% sure though.
there is no legitimate r4i, _NONE_ are by original team (don't try list the m3 r4i because that doesn't count either)

Geostar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerstorm.org
XP
Country
wannawanna said:
Listen- there are hardly any more real r4s. Yes the card is a true r4i-sdhc, but it is not a real r4. That particular brand of r4 clone has a measure to make sure you are getting a real one of their build (why anyone would copy them is beyond me), but it doesn't mean it's a real r4. If you don't believe me, believe everyone else.

The card is _NOT_ a clone of the r4 as it is not the same hardware or software. They just use the R4 name as it sells well and it is how flashcards are known in china.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Geostar said:
wannawanna said:

The card is _NOT_ a clone of the r4 as it is not the same hardware or software. They just use the R4 name as it sells well and it is how flashcards are known in china.
Anything which has the name R4 on it but is not the original R4 is considered a clone on this forum

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Geostar said:
wannawanna said:

Anything which has the name R4 on it but is not the original R4 is considered a clone on this forum
He meant it is actually a DSTT clone, and isn't a clone based off of the original R4.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
tattar8 said:
Geostar said:
wannawanna said:

He meant it is actually a DSTT clone, and isn't a clone based off of the original R4.
Reread my post

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wannawanna said:
I couldn't tell you about the games engine part though- I dont download roms. The team updates their kernel frequently and have great support from what I've seen.Hmmm, then this:
QUOTE(wannawanna @ Feb 19 2010, 06:04 PM) Lol, I'm running an acekard 2i, supercard dsonei, and that r4i. I've had no problems whatsoever with it. Its skin is user friendly, I've had no compatability issues, and I've had no speed concerns with it. At first I was skeptical of buying the card, but everything turned out alright with the card. Personally, I think the supercard is the best for not much more money, but I haven't had any problems yet.
My tip on the reply (if any) - Aww, I got a lotta homebrew, vidz & music & stuff...that's why I own 3 flashcarts and I was talking about homebrew compatibility.
ph34r.gif

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a clone. Get over it. But that only means something if you think the "original" ones are always better.

There have been some pretty terrible "original" cards too...

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people are so against clones. I bet 80%+ of tempers are not on a IBM or a Mac as all other PC's are clones. So it's not made by the original team. Yes they made the original and opened the doors (respect) but that does not mean the "clones" are bad. Don't get me wrong not all clones are all that bad if you just give them a chance. Since no one answered the OP, as far as games-engine goes, it does require the software on the PC as well. You browse the roms on the DS and it tells the PC to download it.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hundshamer said:
I don't know why people are so against clones. I bet 80%+ of tempers are not on a IBM or a Mac as all other PC's are clones.
This has got to be the worst analogy, of any situation, I have ever read
wacko.gif

I'm not going to go in too deeply about the pitfalls of buying clones, but such activity can only have a detrimental affect on the 'original' manufacturers continued development and ongoing support for the original product. Not only does it devalue their product, but it also gives the 'clonemakers' a undeserved share of a market when they have made no real outlay to get into. What's more, the clones are crappy, have similarly confusing custom firmwares and usually their buyers don't have much of a clue how to set them up/use them.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
...but such activity can only have a detrimental affect on the 'original' manufacturers continued development and ongoing support for the original product. Not only does it devalue their product, but it also gives the 'clonemakers' a undeserved share of a market when they have made no real outlay to get into.

That's exactly what happened to IBM in the 80's. IBM was the premier PC maufacturer but all the clones depreciated the value so much IBM doesn'teven sell PC's anymore. When was the last time you saw an IBM at Best Buy? The clones have the entire market, not a share.

QUOTE(Dark^'^Knight @ Mar 5 2010, 03:13 AM) What's more, the clones are crappy, have similarly confusing custom firmwares and usually their buyers don't have much of a clue how to set them up/use them.

I have this card, yes it's a clone. I wouldn't call it crappy as it is updated often and it works well. As far as setting it up or using it, whats so hard about visiting the site printed on the cart itself? This one even has a support forum. All I'm saying is people need to be more opened minded, I don't believe all clones are crappy (which is an opinion not a fact).

Do you have this cart? If so you opinions of it would be more valid in my opinion. If not, why are you knocking something you haven't tried?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...